Contribute
Register

How To: Build your own "Real" Airport Card

ehondik said:
Midsyde, this card is working in Windows? I set card in my notebook (Lenovo S9) and it's work well only in Mac OS. In Windows it's says connecting...connecting.. connecting.. and nothing happens :( Win XP and Win 7-same ****-connecting and.. nothing.. :beachball: In Ubuntu it's work well :crazy:

Nope. I have it working with Mac 10.6.4 I have never tried the card with Ubuntu or any Windows OS.

I doubt you can get a Mac Airport card to work with a windows OS.

~ Midsyde

Midsyde said:
Nope. I have it working with Mac 10.6.4 I have never tried the card with Ubuntu or any Windows OS.

I doubt you can get a Mac Airport card to work with a windows OS.

~ Midsyde

my apple BCM94322MC was immediately recognized in windows 7 and works great with the built-in drivers.

Hi all!

This is the solution I was looking for!! I have 2 questions:

a) What card does the new iMac's come with? Is it the Broadcom BCM94322MC?

Since my system dual-boots, I'd like to know if b) it's possible to use it on Windows? My solution (Belkin FD...) uses the Ralink driver and it's a processor hog.

Thanks!

themfinger,
b) In my desktop with Windows XP Pro (or Windows 7 Ultimate x64) my "Real" Airport Card works WELL! In my netbook Lenovo S9 BCM94322MC card works with Mac OS. With Win systems card can't connect to my D-Link DIR 320 router.
My "RealAirPort" Card
realairportcopy.jpg
:headbang:

Hello,

I've also build this airport card, but when the hac goes to sleep and later i wake him up, the airport card is undetected (shows an empty triangle in menubar) and there is no way to turn it on without rebooting.

this is a pain.

Do you also have this "sleep" problem or does your BCM94322MC airport card catch up immediately when you wake your hac up ?
(my BCM94322MC is a true apple card)

i'm running the card on a gigabyte EP45-DS4 and i'm desperate.., i've tried everything so far and it just won't detect wifi card again after wake up from sleep :thumbdown:

cybercap said:
Hello,

I've also build this airport card, but when the hac goes to sleep and later i wake him up, the airport card is undetected (shows an empty triangle in menubar) and there is no way to turn it on without rebooting.

this is a pain.

Do you also have this "sleep" problem or does your BCM94322MC airport card catch up immediately when you wake your hac up ?
(my BCM94322MC is a true apple card)

i'm running the card on a gigabyte EP45-DS4 and i'm desperate.., i've tried everything so far and it just won't detect wifi card again after wake up from sleep :thumbdown:

mine is working perfectly with wake. never had a problem

giles said:
mine is working perfectly with wake. never had a problem
:eek:

oh so it must be motherboard related ?
you're using the same chip as me, i guess you're running snow leopard 10.6.4 also ?
no drivers, connected to pci-e works straight from the start, right?

as soon as you wake you hackintosh, the airport icon reconnects to your wifi immediately (or you need to specify the network again) ?

cybercap said:
:eek:

oh so it must be motherboard related ?
you're using the same chip as me, i guess you're running snow leopard 10.6.4 also ?
no drivers, connected to pci-e works straight from the start, right?

as soon as you wake you hackintosh, the airport icon reconnects to your wifi immediately (or you need to specify the network again) ?

yep. no need to click anything - reconnects really quickly too :mrgreen:

are you using a dsdt?

giles said:
are you using a dsdt?

no, i'm not using a dsdt. Everything (except that airport thing) works great without the need of a dsdt

would a dsdt help ?

Hi all!
Does it work both 32 and 64 bit? Both windows (XP, 7) and snowleopard?

thanks!

Back