Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything was working fine but my Asus prime x299 deluxe motherboard had damage, Thank God it was on warranty and today I got a new one, I downgraded the bios to the X299D.CAP that you have here (Ver1503) I change all the setting in the bios, windows boots fine, but mac stays just on the logo and does not do anything. SOme times the mouse appears with the boot apple logo but it never finishes booting up. Any Idea??

Last edited:
Everything was working fine but my Asus prime x299 deluxe motherboard had damage, Thank God it was on warranty and today I got a new one, I downgraded the bios to the X299D.CAP that you have here (Ver1503) I change all the setting in the bios, windows boots fine, but mac stays just on the logo and does not do anything. SOme times the mouse appears with the boot apple logo but it never finishes booting up. Any Idea??

Properly adapted TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder? MSR lock disabled in your BIOS settings?

If so, upload information requested at beginning of Section C.) that others can help you with your issues.

Good luck,

KGP

C.) Important General Note/Advice and Error Prevention

So if I understand the instructions in section "C." correctly, I do not use UniBeast at all?

All of the steps of making the USB installer flash drive are performed manually?

Correctly understood in any case..

Hi there, I am building a two Vega 64 system and would like to have three monitors connected to the system. Would that be possible? If not, uff, this is pretty a show stopper to my project!

Thank you very much for any details and guidance on this!

Certainly possible in any case.

I'm sure you figured it out by now... That line isn't in the script anymore, as it is no longer needed..

Thanks for the info. I am too much of a newbie to know what steps I can skip so I decided to wait until I got some feedback. I am going to take another stab a figuring it out now.

If I want to switch back and forth between the Hackintosh and Windows 10 is there a way to save multiple bios settings and recall the one that I want to use on startup? I am using an ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard.

If I want to switch back and forth between the Hackintosh and Windows 10 is there a way to save multiple bios settings and recall the one that I want to use on startup? I am using an ASUS Prime X299-Deluxe motherboard.
Not a good idea. Whatever bios settings work okay with macOS, just stay with those same settings when running Windows. Of course, keep separate operating systems on separate physical boot drives.

How/where do I enable the USB port limit patch as described here? Am I doing this somewhere in the Clover Configurator?

Enable USB port limit patch:

Valid USB port limit patch for 10.13.6 SU provided by ©PMHeart and hardwired but yet disabled in my respective EFI-Folder distribution:

Code:
kext     : com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI
Find     : 837D880F 0F83A704 0000
Replace  : 837D880F 90909090 9090
Name     : USB Port Limit Patch ©PMHeart

Sorry...never mind...I found it in the Clover Configurator.

Thanks for sharing!

A couple notes after I finally got installation to work on my i9-7900x and Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 and using PB5:
  • I had to use a blank drive that was already formatted to Mac extended journal. My fresh out of box SSD did not even show up in Disk Manager. Once formatted using a USB enclosure and my MacBook, it finally showed up upon installation boot. Basically, Disk Manager does nothing in the PB5 installation disk. This is the case for both SATA and NVME. I would think this will not be an issue once High Sierra is official launched.
  • Using the OP's EFI, I got random stop errors right at the start of boot on the USB installation drive, but reset and trying again completes installation. Once installed on my SSD, no problems with boot.
  • My USB ports are randomly working and not.
  • As OP said, the performance of the Gigabyte is not 100%. I think this is due to the state of the Gigabyte BIOS and enabling XCMP. I have already reported some BIOS features not working, even in Windows, to Gigabyte. I'm sure things will stabilize in the near future.
  • Not sure what the "Pre-Boot FileVault" boot option is on the Clover boot screen.
  • Not sure if it's good or bad to use the new APFS file system. I've read conflicting reports. I had my drive pre-formated to standard extended journaled and I don't think PB5 installation changed that.
I don't know how much more I can try to do given that the Gigabyte BIOS is still beta (F7I) and there are no nVidia web drivers for my Titan xP. It also looks like we need the DEV community help with x299 USB ports. USB 2.0 works ok, but 3.0 is just totally random. I seriously doubt 3.1 works, but don't have anyway of testing.

However, I do have better confidence now that full support will eventually come, perhaps later this year with the iMac Pro launch. This is all speculative of course.

Hi,bro,can you share you efi fold to me? i have same config like you ,but i can't setup,this is my issue
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...assertion-failed-on-first-time-reboot.274930/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back