Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I cant get this system to boot now at all! Here is my EFI folder. What Im I doing wrong? The installer Keeps hanging.

You don't have any FakeSMC.kext in your folder.
You don't have NvidiaWeb checked in your config under System Parameters

Try this to begin with.

Also, check your bios settings. Have you really followed kgps guide?

Serial ports (SuperIO) should be disabled in BIOS settings.
I dont have that as an option in BIOS. I had a working drive a bit ago, I dont know why it would be doing this now.

You don't have any FakeSMC.kext in your folder.
You don't have NvidiaWeb checked in your config under System Parameters

Try this to begin with.

Also, check your bios settings. Have you really followed kgps guide?
I am just installing fresh with 1080ti isnt the Nvidia web flag for when you already have installed the Nvidia drivers?

I am just installing fresh with 1080ti isnt the Nvidia web flag for when you already have installed the Nvidia drivers?
I did those things. Is was taking a while but it made it to the installer finally. Took 10 mins though.... strange!

Ok....drumroll pleaseeeee!!!!!!! So I am happy to announce everything is working! This is what I got. A 1080ti on pci-e extension cable in slot 1. A Titan Ridge TB card in slot 2. A 1080ti in slot 5. It was giving me issues with my Apollo twin TB card if I have my 1080ti in slot 3, that would only be if I was running 3 GPUs which I am not. Next is to test my Decklink, then I am done! Thank you SOOOO much for the drivers to make this beast happen! Also the TB hotswap and 10G IS working!

In post #12,109 you distributed that everything is working, although in post #12,111 you witnessed that you still have misconfigured something that prevents you from using iMessage and Facetime and accessing App Store, as apparently you did not properly implement respective guidelines.

I spoke too soon! Messages and app store do not work. Can you send me your config file? I changed the SMBIOS info numerous times strange.... Thanks!

Then 5 more posts, where suddenly nothing works at all at your side. Is it really necessary to comment each step you are doing or each problem you encounter here in public? I would really recommend that you study and carefully apply all guidelines and post here just remaining issues, if really necessary at all. @djlild7hina and myself already provided you with all necessary ingredients and information to make your system work. You also need to take your time to do the rest, even if it takes more than one day for you to properly adapt/complete/finish your setup. Otherwise, the next 30 pages of this thread will be about yourself and your problems in installing a X299 system, which anyway is fully described in the originating post of this thread (guide) or has been repetitively discussed or resolved in respective posts. ;)

Last edited:
@giftmusic one thing about the sage and iMessage, in my case I didn’t have 10GB enabled on initial install which caused my WiFi card to take en0. If 10g is working and one of your ports isn’t en0, you’ll have to reset your network preferences so next boot it’ll take en0. I assume you copied my kexts after post install? If not, then there might be something wrong with your efi still.

Reactions: kgp
To delete

Last edited:
Hi all,

I have a question about Thunderbolt because of some incompatibility I'm encountering.

I have implemented Thunderbolt 3 as per the guide including the SSDT.
I have the Gigabyte Titan Ridge Thunderbolt 3 card on an Asus Sage WS X299 motherboard.
The Thunderbolt 3 tree in IOReg is AS PER the guide.
Thunderbolt 3 works great including Hot Swap thanks to the extensive work of Mr kgp (Thank you !!)

External Drives connected through Thunderbolt 3 or through an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor work great including hot swap.
I've also tested and found working without any glitches including hot swap the BalckMagic capture card called UltraStudio Mini Monitor connected through an Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor.

Now...the reason I'm writing is there's one device, just one that I have that doesn't work and it's totally not recognised by the system.
It's the BlackMagic UltraSTUDIO 3D and it's connected through the same Apple Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor and cable.
This card shares the driver with the aforementioned UltraStudio Mini Monitor and what's really strange is that this card works on my Macbook Pro and on another older hackintosh of mine, a Gigabyte Z170 i7 6700K with built in Thunderbolt 3 ports. On this machine there's no hot Swap but the device is recognised.

In other words the BlackMagic UltraStudio 3D works as has proven to be working by the MacBook and the i7 6700K.
BUT on the Asus Sage WS X299 + Titan Ridge this card doesn't work both in hot plug or if connected prior to booting the System. The card doesn't show up at all in IOReg.

Meanwhile all the other Thunderbolt devices I connected to the Asus Sage + Titan Ridge work all the time without any issue including Hot Swap.
Does anyone know how I could approach the understanding of the issue?
Is it a firmware issue? Is it an adapter issue? is it an incompatibility issue?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Glad thunderbolt + Titan ridge is working for another sage owner :)
Is your MacBook Titan ridge as well? I don’t remember where I saw this but I’ve read that some older thunderbolt devices aren’t supported with Titan ridge. Do you have an older alpine ridge card to test?

In post #12,109 you distributed that everything is working, although in post #12,111 you witnessed that you still have misconfigured something that prevents you from using iMessage and Facetime and accessing App Store, as apparently you did not properly implement respective guidelines.

Then 5 more posts, where suddenly nothing works at all at your side. Is it really necessary to comment each step you are doing or each problem you encounter here in public? I would really recommend that you study and carefully apply all guidelines and post here just remaining issues, if really necessary at all. @djlild7hina and myself already provided you with all necessary ingredients and information to make your system work. You also need to take your time to do the rest, even if it takes more than one day for you to properly adapt/complete/finish your setup. Otherwise, the next 30 pages of this thread will be about yourself and your problems in installing a X299 system, which anyway is fully described in the originating post of this thread (guide) or has been repetitively discussed or resolved in respective posts. ;)
@kgp You're absolutely right, I apologize I jumped the gun too soon! I learned that you cant just slap pci-e cards in any slot and expect things to run properly. I was testing out a few things though for other people here on the forum too @djlild7hina and hopefully people could learn from my mistakes.. :crazy:. After I did a fresh wipe and reinstall using YOUR guide everything was working again including imessages ect. Next I am going to test things like 3 gpus + decklink card ect, so if there is anything you are curious about let me know I would be glad to test. Also I will try to keep the communication here to a minimum. Thanks again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back