Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The manual, though I haven't tried moving it to another slot. It might work? It's only slot-2 most likely because of how the plx chips are split out and the allocation of lanes. Slot-2 shares pci x4 on the PCH (which is where the thunderbolt card shows up in ioreg)

Ok....drumroll pleaseeeee!!!!!!! So I am happy to announce everything is working! This is what I got. A 1080ti on pci-e extension cable in slot 1. A Titan Ridge TB card in slot 2. A 1080ti in slot 5. It was giving me issues with my Apollo twin TB card if I have my 1080ti in slot 3, that would only be if I was running 3 GPUs which I am not. Next is to test my Decklink, then I am done! Thank you SOOOO much for the drivers to make this beast happen! Also the TB hotswap and 10G IS working!

Ok....drumroll pleaseeeee!!!!!!! So I am happy to announce everything is working! This is what I got. A 1080ti on pci-e extension cable in slot 1. A Titan Ridge TB card in slot 2. A 1080ti in slot 5. It was giving me issues with my Apollo twin TB card if I have my 1080ti in slot 3, that would only be if I was running 3 GPUs which I am not. Next is to test my Decklink, then I am done! Thank you SOOOO much for the drivers to make this beast happen! Also the TB hotswap and 10G IS working!

Anything else you want me to test?

I spoke too soon! Messages and app store do not work. Can you send me your config file? I changed the SMBIOS info numerous times strange.... Thanks!

I spoke too soon! Messages and app store do not work. Can you send me your config file? I changed the SMBIOS info numerous times strange.... Thanks!

Log out from your icloud, reboot, and then read the official post of @kgp on how to set the SMBIOS up properly. Read very carefully, and you shouldn't have any icloud issues. Make sure that you get a unique Serial, that isn't used by a normal Mac.

@jaminmc I haven't had a single crash on my X299A (4 days of heavy cuda-work now) , since i downloaded the latest builds of fakesmc+sensors and removed the gpusensor.kext

before it crashed once a day on heavy cuda tasks.

Will try it for a couple of days, and then try to switch back one kext at a time until i see the cause.

Thought you should know :)

Also now for some reason I am getting black screen at boot.
@jaminmc I haven't had a single crash on my X299A (4 days of heavy cuda-work now) , since i downloaded the latest builds of fakesmc+sensors and removed the gpusensor.kext

before it crashed once a day on heavy cuda tasks.

Will try it for a couple of days, and then try to switch back one kext at a time until i see the cause.

Thought you should know :)
Yeah I am getting kernel panics now, I wonder if its the gpu sensors

Also now for some reason I am getting black screen at boot.

Yeah I am getting kernel panics now, I wonder if its the gpu sensors

We don't have the exact same motherboard, so i can't speak for you i'm afraid. Post your efi-folder, so i can have a look.

We don't have the exact same motherboard, so i can't speak for you i'm afraid. Post your efi-folder, so i can have a look.
I will here shortly I am doing a fresh install first, thanks!

A fresh install does nothing if you use the same bad config/efi-setup as before. But sure =)

If you didn't installed a lot of weird kexts in S/L/E - L/E of course...

A fresh install does nothing if you use the same bad config/efi-setup as before. But sure =)

If you didn't installed a lot of weird kexts in S/L/E - L/E of course...
Yeah I cant get this system to boot now at all! Here is my EFI folder. What Im I doing wrong? The installer Keeps hanging.

Attachments

• EFI (giftmusic) Sage 10G.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 180
  • 20190308_021250.jpg
    20190308_021250.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 179
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back