Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp mate, hope you're keeping well! I haven't kept up to speed on here of late. Is there an update path from this build to mojave with the nvidia graphics card? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post just struggling to find where i might find such info..

@kgp mate, hope you're keeping well! I haven't kept up to speed on here of late. Is there an update path from this build to mojave with the nvidia graphics card? Apologies if this is the wrong place to post just struggling to find where i might find such info..
NVidia cards are unsupported with proper drivers when running Mojave, due to ongoing non-cooperation between them and Apple. No one knows if that could maybe change whenever the 2019 MacPro is released, but seems kind of unlikely.
Current best plan: sell the nVidia card and replace it with a Vega 56/64 card.

Cheers @rugula
If I end up going Vega cards, can i just swap the hardware on my current build and switch over the driver on next boot up (within High Sierra)? Or is it a little more complicated than that?

Forgot to mention: this page says that a GTX 680 card would also work with Mojave, if you were willing to downgrade to an older GPU:
Vega cards are natively supported in Mojave, so simply swap hardware and should work okay.

@nathanaelweir,

You should really read my respective guidelines. BTW.. these are the guidelines for 10.14: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ful-build-extended-guide.255082/#post-1769074. Most Vegas won't be correctly implemented without WEG.kext and one of the respective SSDTs provided in the Github library, which are mandatory for properly implementing all Vega DP1.4 and HDMI ports and for providing Display HotPlug and sleep/wake functionality.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,
No Thunderbolt Hotplug. THB EX3 card well implemented. Hotplug under windows. Ok in Mac OS high sierra 13.6 if connected before booting. Impossible after. I try with differents thunderbolt cables and adapters. Nothing !!!!
Maybe something wrong in my Bios 1503 with power management ?
Any idea ?
Best.

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2019-03-05 à 10.29.59.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-03-05 à 10.29.59.png
    51.6 KB · Views: 210
  • Capture d’écran 2019-03-05 à 10.30.38.png
    Capture d’écran 2019-03-05 à 10.30.38.png
    179 KB · Views: 211
Hi Guys,
No Thunderbolt Hotplug. THB EX3 card well implemented. Hotplug under windows. Ok in Mac OS high sierra 13.6 if connected before booting. Impossible after. I try with differents thunderbolt cables and adapters. Nothing !!!!
Maybe something wrong in my Bios 1503 with power management ?
Any idea ?
Best.

I repeatedly outlined that the TBEX 3 is the less reliable TB adapter not only in terms of HotPlug.

With the GC-Titan Ridge on the ASUS Prime Deluxe, you will just face issues on wake with TB devices connected during sleep, while HotPlug else works fine and reliable. With the GC-Titan Ridge on the ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G you will not even face issues with TB devices connected during sleep, given the respective user feedback.

Else the GC-Alpine Ridge would be also a thinkable alternative to be used with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe.

Thanks for your reply but reading your guide and informations you gave to users, I thought you had success with this card and the Thunderbolt Hotpug. I'am going to buy the Titan Ridge.
Anyway, thanks for your guide KPG, my machine turns really well !
Best.

Thanks for your reply but reading your guide and informations you gave to users, I thought you had success with this card and the Thunderbolt Hotpug. I'am going to buy the Titan Ridge.
Anyway, thanks for your guide KPG, my machine turns really well !
Best.

Partial success, yes.. unfortunately the TBEX 3 turned out to be very problematic, unstable and unreliable, when compared with the GC-Titan Ridge or GC-Alpine Ridge and therefore I am not using the primer anymore on my systems.

Hi kgp

How are you?

I want to check with you please
If I remove the VEGA F.E from my computer
And connects in place GTX 1080ti

And instead of installing Mojave, I install High Sierra

Today nvdia's drivers work well?

I really do not like how VEGA F.E works for me in the system
Every computer is stable and works wonderfully .... Just a graphics card makes me especially trouble working at FCPX

My hardware
Motherboard: Asus Rampage VI Apex
CPU: i9-9980XE
Graphics: Vega F.E. (or 1080 ti)
64gb Ram @3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back