Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
1704 seems to buggy with ACPI XHC Table too. Good no luck, tried everything but XHC @14 went away.

@kgp

on 1503 now back again everything is fine...

@nrgsquad really? Sounds weird that 2 bios firmwares in a row screws it up. Can you attach your ioreg now on 1503?

Yes Really...I am not expert in editing SSDT or finding issues with Kexts but my System runs fine with 1503, with 1704 USB 2.0 and all USB 3.0 Ports onboard are gone, only the Three Ports most right at the Backpanel working.

Attached my IOReg and my EFI on booted 1503, maybe I have not the Clue to get it working right. Maybe my Board isn't able to, may BIOS is the Fault... Would be thankful if I got it up on 1704 working.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    22.2 MB · Views: 188
  • iMac Pro nrgsquad.ioreg
    54.8 MB · Views: 239
Yes Really...I am not expert in editing SSDT or finding issues with Kexts but my System runs fine with 1503, with 1704 USB 2.0 and all USB 3.0 Ports onboard are gone, only the Three Ports most right at the Backpanel working.

This probably because you are not clearing CMOS after flashing.
It happened to me before.

Shut of the computer, hold CLR_CMOS for a couple of seconds. And turn it back on, re enter bios settings or load presaved bios settings from usb.

if it still doesnt work, repeat procedure but take out the battery before clearing cmos

Did so, twice. But not with battery removal. Will try that tonight, maybe that helps...

@jaminmc any chance that you would like to help me investigate the remaining xhci-issu? :)

Back again with now working USB on my 1704ed X299-Deluxe...had to push Boot-flag npci=0x2000 after that it works.

Had Battery removed, Powered off for 10-20 Minutes und CMOS resetted it about 10 Times. Changed nothing, only npci=0x2000 like @kgp told, did the Push.

Now on 1704, new flag in config.plist--we´ll see.

Back again with now working USB on my 1704ed X299-Deluxe...had to push Boot-flag npci=0x2000 after that it works.

Had Battery removed, Powered off for 10-20 Minutes und CMOS resetted it about 10 Times. Changed nothing, only npci=0x2000 like @kgp told, did the Push.

Now on 1704, new flag in config.plist--we´ll see.

With Asus mainboards and for example Prime X299 Deluxe with bios 1704 version if you set Above 4G decoding to on npci=0x2000 is not needed.

( But On my other build with Gigabyte x299 UD4 Pro npci=0x2000 is mandatory )

Hmm ok, got 2 Vegas in my Rig, maybe it will not boot with 4G Decoding set to on, will try...

Hmm ok, got 2 Vegas in my Rig, maybe it will not boot with 4G Decoding set to on, will try...

Why not : I have two VEGA 56 on my build and all works as expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back