Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it, will post it when i wake up. Regarding the XHCI, i used the efi-folder u sent me, so if you did put the 15portkext there, i certainly did apply it, but i’ll have another look tomorrow.

Will also apply the ARPT-SSDT, guess i need to modify the file though cause i have the broadcom in PCIEX_3

ARPT-SSDT: You also need to modify ACPI path and ACPI replacements in concordance with your IOREG information. This small guideline might help you in doing so.

XHC USB kext:

I implemented JaminMc-iMacPro-ASUS-PX299A-XHCI-15port.kext.zip, which should implement the following 15 HS and S ports by definition:

Compare with your with actually implemented XHCI ACPI table (IOREG)

Don't you see that something goes totally wrong? Despite the 15-port kext, your system still tries to implement 21 ports and fails in doing so as the USB port limit patch is disabled and it can therefore only implement 15 ports, SSP2 and SSP5 to SSP8 are missing and respective USB3.0 ports will be simply non-functional?

Also following the kext your SS ports should read SSPx and not SS0x, which means that the 15-port kext is simply ignored by your system.

BTW.. Who checked this in your config.plist?

Uncheck!

Last edited:
@kgp

implemented ARPT, with success (i think).

Still no luck with the XHCI, still shows wrong. Also unchecked inject usb. What else can i try? just remove XHCI .aml's and try from scratch? Or can you identify the problem? attached EFI + ioreg + pciscreen

Hmmmm... I used to get a bunch of crashes when I was using CUDA. I uninstalled it, and haven't had many crashes.

I see! My crashes could be CUDA related as well, but i am a 3D developer, so i need my CUDA ;)
Otherwise i would've just bought an AMD card, but sadly Nvidia is the "only" way for 3D rendering.

But 1602 could really by the cause. Since i upgraded to that, and installed titan ridge, everything started.

I guess you might as well as me have a lot of unneccessary kexts left in your EFI folder though,
since i used your EFI as a base.

Thanks for that btw! :)

and with help from KGP, it got cleaned up really well, removal of duplicate sensorkexts etc. Here is mine now, Feels more stable than ever.

Last edited:
@kgp

implemented ARPT, with success (i think).

Still no luck with the XHCI, still shows wrong. Also unchecked inject usb. What else can i try? just remove XHCI .aml's and try from scratch? Or can you identify the problem? attached EFI + ioreg + pciscreen

Yup, all PCI devices now seem to be properly implemented.

I am sure that @jaminmc will be able to help you in fixing the remaining XHCI issue, as he also provided the respective XHC USB kext apparently in use.

Good luck, dude..

@jaminmc do you have proper XHCI implementation as shown in post #11,999 ? Can’t get it there even though i used your XHCI SSDT. If so, could you provide your EFI folder again?

Last edited:
@jaminmc do you have proper XHCI implementation as shown in post #11,999 ? Can’t get it there even though i used your XHCI SSDT. If so, could you provide your SSDT folder again?

I don’t think that your issue is XHCI SSDT implementation. XHCI-SSDT and resulting IOREG XHCI Table else look fine and XHCI PCI driver is also successfully loaded under "PCI". All HS and SS ports are however solely defined within the XHC USB kext, which however apparently does not inject at boot due to yet unknown reason, although only 15 ports are defined within the kext and also else the kext appears correct at first place and has been successfully used also by others as implemented.

EDIT: By the way, there is still a tiny discrepancy in your EFI-Folders-driver implementation. While I use AppleImageLoader-64.efi (missing in your EFI-Folder), you use AppleImageCodec-64.efi (which I do not use at all).

BTW.. Did you occasionally install any additional XHCI kext in /L/E or /S/L/E/ by chance, which still remains there?

Last edited:
But 1602 could really by the cause. Since i upgraded to that, and installed titan ridge, everything started.
Version 1704 2019/02/21

Version 1704 2019/02/21

Yeah, just booted it up with 1704 now. Thanks anyway =)

Btw, if anyone wants a 1704 for a X299-A preloaded with this Boot Logo:

I'll attach it here.

Thanks to @kgp for learning how to modify it.

Attachments

• X299A1704.zip
    9.1 MB · Views: 186
@kgp Now on 1704, and replaced the .efi files. Still the same, i have attached efi + ioreg + usbscreen + 2 lists of my LE / SLE.

This is a mystery.

Attachments

• junoreg4.zip
    25.9 MB · Views: 161
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back