Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also any idea how to achieve displayport hotplug on nvidia (maxwell) card?
Step 1, Sell it on eBay
Step 2, Get a Vega 56, or 64 from eBay.

step 3 Rejoice that you don't have to deal with Nvidia's BS anymore :)

Hi Mr.kgp

Do you think i9-9980xe will work?

I hesitate to buy between i9-7980xe and i9-9980xe because the price is a little different.

What does it help if I think it might work and it doesn’t?

You will have to see it yourself by testing.

If you are willing to delid the i9-7980XE and accept that by doing so you will loose warrenty, I would go for the i9-7980XE anyway.

UEFITool ASUS Splashscreen firmware replacement for ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS firmware upon 1603 working again

After slightly reducing iMacPro.raw, the ASUS Splashscreen replacement for ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS firmware upon 1603 by means of UEFI-Tool is working again.

Attached: reduced iMacPro.raw and patched ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS firmware 1603 with already implemented iMacPro.raw. X299D.CAP to be flashed with EZ Flashback!

Warning! As everybody knows, ASUS BIOS firmware 1603 can destroy the XHCI ACPI table implementation on some motherboards, which likely can be fixed by using boot flag npci=0x2000 in the config.plist. On my system everything works fine but this does not imply that it also works for others.

Thus, this is definitely not a call to move to 1603! This is just to inform that the ASUS Splashscreen replacement now also works for ASUS BIOS firmware upon 1603!

And this is also to inform, that with reduced iMacPro.raw, the ASUS Splashscreen replacement by means of UEFITool might now also work for the firmware of other new ASUS motherboards like the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II.

Enjoy and have fun,

kgp.png

Attachments

• iMacPro.raw.zip
    99.9 KB · Views: 88
  • X299D.CAP-1603.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 101
Last edited:
@kgp i’ve tried so much now, still kernel panic on boot if my tb3-device is on during boot. If i have it switched off everything is booting up as it should, until i turn it on, then it’s kernel panic as soon as it utilize.

Can i debug the kernel panic in any way?

Anyone else having this issue with Alpine Ridge and Asus Prime X299-A

@kgp i’ve tried so much now, still kernel panic on boot if my tb3-device is on during boot. If i have it switched off everything is booting up as it should, until i turn it on, then it’s kernel panic as soon as it utilize.

I guess this is neither a problem of the Alpine Ridge nor a problem with the ASUS Prime but a problem with your specific TB device. I don’t know how to help you further. I already properly implemented the TB-SSDT on your system. TB should now work without major issues. There is absolutely nothing I could to for you in addition.

Good luck, man!

I only have Thunderbolt 2 & 3 Devices daisy chained through an apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. Currently have 2 Thunderbolt 2 RAIDs and a Thunderbolt 1Raid connected.. No problem.

If you use this PCI port,
Screen Shot 2019-02-01 at 7.47.48 PM.png
it will work with KGP's TB3 SSDT unmodified from https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs, as it is the same hardware location in the PCI table. Make your Thunderbolt settings the same, except select PCIEXT16_2 instead of PCIEXT16_3. I also turned off Booting from Thunderbolt devices, or my computer will take forever to post, or even hang.

UEFITool ASUS Splashscreen firmware replacement for ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS firmware upon 1603 working again
Sweet!!! I may have to try it on my X299-A next week, if I have time. I haven't tried the 1603 Firmware yet... Should I try it first, before I commit to changing the Logo? I haven't Changed my logo yet anyways.

It makes sense that it failed, if the UEFI Bios is larger, and the old raw was too large for it... I wish that UEFITool had better error messages, and said that it was too large.

Also any idea how to achieve displayport hotplug on nvidia (maxwell) card?
Step 1, Sell it on eBay
Step 2, Get a Vega 56, or 64 from eBay.

step 3 Rejoice that you don't have to deal with Nvidia's BS anymore :)
Seriously though. My GTX 980 ti has Hotplugging... Just not the 2nd Displayport. I have to use the 2 on the ends.

Sweet!!! I may have to try it on my X299-A next week, if I have time. I haven't tried the 1603 Firmware yet... Should I try it first, before I commit to changing the Logo? I haven't Changed my logo yet anyways.

It makes sense that it failed, if the UEFI Bios is larger, and the old raw was too large for it... I wish that UEFITool had better error messages, and said that it was too large.
Well, I had my computer crash on boot where it would stay black, and not boot.. I have a USB3 Hub that when externally powered, it still supplies power to the computer. I have a feeling that my CMOS got corrupted... I cleared the CMOS, so I had to re-do all the settings... So since I had to do that anyway, I downloaded 1603. I was still on the 1401. Installed it, and my USB is all working fine :)

So all I have to do is save my settings to my USB, modify the BIOS, and Flash it with the button in back, and restore it.. It should work. :)

Reactions: kgp
I only have Thunderbolt 2 & 3 Devices daisy chained through an apple TB3 to TB2 adapter. Currently have 2 Thunderbolt 2 RAIDs and a Thunderbolt 1Raid connected.. No problem.

If you use this PCI port,View attachment 384247 it will work with KGP's TB3 SSDT unmodified from https://github.com/KGP/X299-System-SSDTs, as it is the same hardware location in the PCI table. Make your Thunderbolt settings the same, except select PCIEXT16_2 instead of PCIEXT16_3. I also turned off Booting from Thunderbolt devices, or my computer will take forever to post, or even hang.

I already adapted SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml for him and it is properly loaded on boot. Still he faces issues with his TB device.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back