Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon BIOS firmware 1603, it is also impossible to modify the Splash Screen image in the Prime X299 Deluxe firmware. Seems UEFI tool needs some update. Can you write to the developers?

this is my first time to use this tool, i even dont know who is the developer.....

btw, i tried to remove TB3 DSDT file and let the system booting without any dsdt for JHL7540.

with connecting USBC drive. osx can find it and fully support hot swapping. even i eject the usbc and put system into sleep and then wake up is working.

lets see someone to try the TB3 device about the hot swapping lol.

this is my first time to use this tool, i even dont know who is the developer.....

btw, i tried to remove TB3 DSDT file and let the system booting without any dsdt for JHL7540.

with connecting USBC drive. osx can find it and fully support hot swapping. even i eject the usbc and put system into sleep and then wake up is working.

lets see someone to try the TB3 device about the hot swapping lol.

to be expected.. however, USB-C device must be connect during boot in your case.. this means hot swap but not hot plug! and that's definitely a firmware issue.

In any case, one should rather focus on the TB capabilities of the onboard TTR controller than on USB-C, which is just a nice but mostly unnecessary add-on, as most of state-of-the-art motherboards anyway also implement USB3.1 Type-C connectors.

Edit: I now reported the UEFI Tool issue with BIOS firmware 1603 for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and 0404 for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II to Longsoft on Github:

Screenshot 2019-02-01 at 11.38.25.png

Last edited:
Is anyone have displayport hotplug working ? If i disconnect displayport cable from my vega 64 - videocard fan start spins at 100% rate and system freezes.

UPDATE: seems to be a problem with my powerplay through acpi patch injection

Last edited:
@kgp Why do you have the flag ShowOptimius in GUI (config.plist) in your recent EFI distribution?

@kgp Why do you have the flag ShowOptimius in GUI (config.plist) in your recent EFI distribution?

Good question.. I don't remember.. :lol:

Anyway, as it only concerns the Clover Boot Loader GUI, it can't be vital for the MacOS System performance.. ;)

Is anyone have displayport hotplug working ? If i disconnect displayport cable from my vega 64 - videocard fan start spins at 100% rate and system freezes.

I do that all the time, and I've never had those issues.

Absolutely no issues here..

Good question.. I don't remember.. :lol:

Anyway, as it only concerns the Clover Boot Loader GUI, it can't be vital for the MacOS System performance.. ;)
Yeah, it just displays the word "discrete" at the bottom of the clover screen

Also any idea how to achieve displayport hotplug on nvidia (maxwell) card?

Hi Mr.kgp

Do you think i9-9980xe will work?

I hesitate to buy between i9-7980xe and i9-9980xe because the price is a little different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back