Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Hello guys !

I follow this guide and I have some issues on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
First I've got some Kernel Panic, but sometimes it crashes without KP in logs. KP happens when I launch a Youtube video on Safari or Google Chrome and sometime it crashes when I do nothing...I tried to change my AVX setup, I tried to change my SMBios, I tried the KGP's EFIs...

If someone got an idea, it would be very appreciated, here is my build :
MB : GA-X299-Ultra Gaming Pro
CPU : i9-7920X
GPU : Gigabyte Vega 64 8Gb
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz
PSU : Corsair RM1000x

Thank you.

Attachments

• KP Screen.jpg
    KP Screen.jpg
    255.8 KB · Views: 71
  • EFI.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 68
Hello guys !

I follow this guide and I have some issues on MacOS High Sierra 10.13.6
First I've got some Kernel Panic, but sometimes it crashes without KP in logs. KP happens when I launch a Youtube video on Safari or Google Chrome and sometime it crashes when I do nothing...I tried to change my AVX setup, I tried to change my SMBios, I tried the KGP's EFIs...

If someone got an idea, it would be very appreciated, here is my build :
MB : GA-X299-Ultra Gaming Pro
CPU : i9-7920X
GPU : Gigabyte Vega 64 8Gb
RAM : Corsair Vengeance LED 3200MHz
PSU : Corsair RM1000x

Thank you.

Inspecting your EFI-Folder, it is obvious that you did not follow my guidelines and neither stay with my default EFI-Folder distribution.

Download attached EFI-Folder which should work OoB without any further modifications, always supposed that you use an i9-7920X, which however is in contradiction with your profile information where you claim to use a i9-7980XE anyway.

With the attached EFI-Folder your system should be stable, always provided that you also use the appropriate BIOS settings.

Subsequently you have to perform the entire post installation though, outlined in Section E.) of my guide. For audio, use AppleALC method. Before enabling all ACPI replacements in the config.plist, replace the implemented CPxx to PRxx replacements for the i9-7980XE by those for the i9-7920X linked in my guide. Don't add any other ACPI replacements but adopt and implement all SSDTs provided in the X299 SSDT Github library. This small guideline might help in performing the latter. You also might want to create fully implemented and truncated 15-port kexts for the GA-X299-Ultra Gaming Pro by following my respective guidelines, which we can subsequently add to the XHC USB Kext Github Library. Actually your profile states that you employ a Gigabyte X299 Gaming 7, for which EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI.kext and EllyBz-iMacPro-GAX299G7- XHCI-15port.kext are already port of the XHC USB Kext Github Library.

Good luck,

KGP

Attachments

• EFI-Delecta.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 68
@kgp I did all your steps with my Gigabyte Alpine Ridge, altough i have X299-A

With just 3 pcie lanes, so i have my card in the last one Pcie_3 (see pic)

Installed fine in Windows, enabled thunderbolt with all bios settings. But when booting with a device plugged in i get kernel panic, without a device it works fine.

Didn’t understand what to edit in the .aml file to be honest.

(Didn’t apply any efi-folder since it is the same as last time i wrote to u, and then everything was good)

Attachments

• 691FBBA1-89C3-4001-887B-62FF2C3642A0.jpeg
    691FBBA1-89C3-4001-887B-62FF2C3642A0.jpeg
    392.6 KB · Views: 64
@kgp
(Didn’t apply any efi-folder since it is the same as last time i wrote to u, and then everything was good)

What do you mean by the above?

I can’t help you if you do not provide the information requested at beginning of Section C.).. I am definitely not a visionary, my friend

@kgp never mind, fair enough i'll post it again. The BIOS settings is exactly the same as you have in your pictures.

I did edit the SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml , and changed from SLOT-4 to SLOT-3, but i have no idea if that was the right thing to do.

also included a picture of what slots my cards are in.

I have the alpine ridge connected to the TB-header btw, just to clarify.

Attachments

• juno-EFI.zip
    45 MB · Views: 128
  • juno-imac.ioreg
    10.5 MB · Views: 72
  • PCI.png
    PCI.png
    146.8 KB · Views: 71
  • motherboard.jpg
    motherboard.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 54
That’s why I requested your IOREG.save and EFI-Folder, which also contains the respective SSDT.

I will have a look tomorrow morning and come back to you as soon as possible. Today it is already quite late here, sorry my friend. Following your PCI screenshot, the TB-SSDT is not at all implemented and has not been properly adapted to your system anyway. I will do it for you. But you will also have to adopt and implement all other SSDTs by follwing my respective guidelines.

That’s why I requested your IOREG.save and EFI-Folder, which also contains the respective SSDT.

I will have a look tomorrow morning and come back to you as soon as possible. Today it is already quite late here, sorry my friend. Following your PCI screenshot, the TB-SSDT is not at all implemented and has not been properly adapted to your system anyway. I will do it for you.

No stress, it’s late here as well, haha.

Thanks so much for always being a good support. You are kindness himself!

hello guys.

very interesting. if i set ‘Tunderbolt BOOT Support’ disabled, USB-C hot swapping is working for my Deluxe II.

Reactions: kgp
hello guys.

very interesting. if i set ‘Tunderbolt BOOT Support’ disabled, USB-C hot swapping is working for my Deluxe II.

And what about TB HotPlug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back