Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I should try another firmware?

You could try 0202, but I doubt that this will improve something.

Edit: btw.. @applemacosxGOD is using the BIOS firmware attached to his post #1,486 and runs the i9-9920X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II without any issues.

Edit: btw.. @applemacosxGOD is using the BIOS firmware attached to his post #1,486 and runs the i9-9920X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II without any issues.

I've tried my setup (i9-9920X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, BIOS-Ver: 0404, multiple CMOS clearings, OS 10.13.6) with the EFI-Folder (without nvidia argument) + the BIOS-Profile from @applemacosxGOD: same KP.
I think now it's a problem between the Mainboard and the microcode for 9920X. Or a NVRAM error ? Or my Board have malfunctions.
I give up... Or change the board -> ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe (without II).

Last edited:
I've tried my setup (i9-9920X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II, BIOS-Ver: 0404, multiple CMOS clearings) with the EFI-Folder (without nvidia argument) + the BIOS-Profile from @applemacosxGOD: same KP.
I think now it's a problem between the Mainboard and the microcode for 9920X. Or a NVRAM error ? Or my Board have malfunction.
I give up... Or change the board -> ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe (without II).
I already tried 0210 and 0404 Can't use both of them. and multiple CMOS clearings too.

@kgp I'd be really thankfull if you could share your thoughts on this: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-el-capitan-sierra-high-sierra-mojave.268964/

is installing kexts into /Library/Extensions (/L/E) really a thing, which could improve stability with you Colver/EFI setup?

I don't see any reason to do so. The kext EFI-Folder approach never induced any issues or instabilities on my X299 or X99 systems, is commonly applied and perfectly worked over the years.

I9-9980XE will work?

The Deluxe II is a very new motherboard with a likely yet somewhat immature firmware und very few experience gained by respective users. There is no concrete answer to your question as I don’t know anybody using a i9-9980XE with the Deluxe II. You might have to experiment this by yourself. There are several reasons and concerns at my side why I decided not to change to the Deluxe II for now, the 5 GB NIC and the onboard TTR controller have been one of those, and indeed related issues are now confirmed by respective users, appart from firmware issues with the new i9-99xx and i98xx processors. I also see no reason or advantage for changing from my delidded i9-7980XE to the i9-9980XE at even higher costs.

However I would like to consider both the Deluxe II and the new i9-99XX and i9-98XX processors in my guidelines and support respective users the best way and up to my knowledge along my threads, but my help and support are currently restricted to what comes back from tests and on gained experience from the respective user side.

Theoretically, everything should work OoB, as implemented in my guidelines. But.. you see that for now this remains theoretical..

Last edited:
The Deluxe II is a very new motherboard with a likely yet somewhat immature firmware und very few experience gained by respective users. There is no concrete answer to your question as I don’t know anybody using a i9-9980XE with the Deluxe II. You might have to experiment this by yourself. There are several reasons and concerns at my side why I decided not to change to the Deluxe II for now, the 5 GB NIC and the onboard TTR controller have been one of those, and indeed related issues are now confirmed by respective users, appart from firmware issues with the new i9-99xx and i98xx processors. I also see no reason or advantage for changing from my delidded i9-7980XE to the i9-9980XE at even higher costs.

However I would like to consider both the Deluxe II and the new i9-99XX and i9-98XX processors in my guidelines and support respective users the best way and up to my knowledge along my threads, but my help and support are currently restricted to what comes back from tests and on gained experience from the respective user side.

Theoretically, everything should work OoB, as implemented in my guidelines.
Oh i see.
Thank a lot for your guide i really hope my CPU will work soon :( or should be change mainboard LOL.
I bought for use in rendering my Prores files.

Reactions: kgp
Oh i see.
Thank a lot for your guide i really hope my CPU will work soon :( or should be change mainboard LOL.
I bought for use in rendering my Prores files.

Anyway be proud! Your are doing some pioneering work with this motherboard and kind of processors!

Count on my help and support

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back