Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, goods news that Blackmagic eGPU Pro use the Titan Ridge JHL 7540 same as x299 Deluxe II.

may be someday my TB3 can have hotplug fucntion?

Why don't you also write to ASUS, report your current findings with the Titan Ridge JHL 7540 on the x299 Deluxe II under macOS and ask for a BIOS firmware update? Also the GC-Titan Ridge PCIe adapter employs the same DSL7540 Thunderbolt™ 3 controller, and it perfectly works with the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml under both High Sierra and Mojave including TB HotPlug and USB-C HotPlug.

I am sure that ASUS would be able to implement full TTR support including TB HotPlug and USB-C HotPlug also under macOS, if they would be willing and allowed to do so. In the latter case SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml would not be necessary at all or could just introduce some further cosmetics.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm stuck in panic report screen.
I tried to check my bios setting and EFI folder it's not work and i can't disable Above 4G Decoding because it not bootup for me.

My rig:
-CPU: Intel i9-9820x
-Mainboard: Asus prime x299 deluxe ii

can you check my EFI folder for me?

You are missing a properly adopted TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder, dude. Without the latter your system won't boot at all, as clearly outlined in the originating post of this thread (guide).

Also you have enabled the USB port limit patch in your config.plist twice, which is a no-go. The second even addresses the kext to be patched as USB Port Limit Patch ©PMHeart, which is pure nonsense. The kext to be patched is AppleUSBXHCI! Remove the second erroneous USB port limit patch from your config.plist.

Also Disable MSR lock in your BIOS settings and uncheck "KernelPM" and disable "xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" in your config.plist!

Good luck,

KGP

You are missing a properly adopted TSCAdjustReset.kext in your EFI-Folder, dude. Without the latter your system won't boot at all, as clearly outlined in the originating post of this thread (guide).

Also you have enabled the USB port limit patch in your config.plist twice, which is a no-go. The second even addresses the kext to be patched as USB Port Limit Patch ©PMHeart, which is pure nonsense. The kext to be patched is AppleUSBXHCI! Remove the second erroneous USB port limit patch from your config.plist.

Also Disable MSR lock in your BIOS settings and uncheck "KernelPM" and disable "xcpm_core_scope_msrs © Pike R. Alpha" in your config.plist!

Good luck,

KGP

I have problem about Above 4G Decoding too, when it turn off my rig can't boot up.

I have problem about Above 4G Decoding too, when it turn off my rig can't boot up.

Fix severe issues in your EFI-Folder, then we talk about above 4G decoding.

I already fix my EFI.

I should uncheck disable in Patches ?

Let me check your recent modifications. Please add your Skylake-X /X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) in the meanwhile to either your profile or signature in the meanwhile, in compliance with the board rules.

I already fix my EFI.

Your EFI-Folder now looks fine. If you still face boot issues, always supposed that you also use the appropriate BIOS settings, note the following:

Apparently also other users reported boot issues with the i9-9820X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II under macOS, see e.g. post #1,457, while there are apparently no issues with the i9-9920X and i9-9940X. The actual boot problem with the i9-9820X under macOS might be due to an erroneous or incomplete microcode implementation in the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II BIOS firmware. You might want to contact ASUS in this case.

Last edited:
Your EFI-Folder now looks fine. If you still face boot issues, always supposed that you also use the appropriate BIOS settings, note the following:

Apparently also other users reported boot issues with the i9-9820X on the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II under macOS, see e.g. post #1,457, while there are apparently no issues with the i9-9920X and i9-9940X. The actual boot problem with the i9-9820X under macOS might be due to an erroneous or incomplete microcode implementation in the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe II BIOS firmware. You might want to contact ASUS in this case.
Not pass again stuck in panic report screen.
my mainbord version is 0404.
IMG_8587.JPG

Not pass again stuck in panic report screen.
my mainbord version is 0404.
View attachment 383434

Which is concordance with the boot problems in case of the i9-9820X, also reported by other users. I am afraid that there is no other solution than reporting the issue to ASUS.

Good luck,

KGP

Which is concordance with the boot problems in case of the i9-9820X, also reported by other users. I am afraid that there is no other solution than reporting the issue to ASUS.

Good luck,

KGP
I should try another firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back