Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I manage i9 7960x(delided) + Vega FE with a EK-CoolStream XE 360 & 6x fan ML120 from corsair (push/Pull).
The XE is much thicker though. Not sure how much of a difference that makes. Thank you. I guess I'll try that config first and see how it goes.

Hi @kgp a short Question about patching my SSDT for my NVMe in Slot-6 on a Riser-Card:
Now its recognized in PCI as pci144d,a804 in PCI Slot 0@179,0,0.

Think I need an SSDT for mapping it right...

But how? do you have the Clou for me, I don't understand SSDT Patching so far yet.

No big Deal, my System is running very smooth, but would be nice to have.

Another Thing:
Will get my 2nd Vega these Days. Got the Vega SSDT in my Patched Folder, does it affect on my second one, or do I ha to expand the SSDT with the same Values but targeting another PCI and GFX Port?

In this Case I Think GFX1 an the Slot, where the Card will be in (slot-4 is recommended by Asus on the X299 Deluxe) btw.: it is exact the Same Card Vendor and Model (Asus, Strix 64)

Thanks for reply!

Hi @kgp a short Question about patching my SSDT for my NVMe in Slot-6 on a Riser-Card:
Now its recognized in PCI as pci144d,a804 in PCI Slot 0@179,0,0.

Think I need an SSDT for mapping it right...

But how? do you have the Clou for me, I don't understand SSDT Patching so far yet.

No big Deal, my System is running very smooth, but would be nice to have.

Another Thing:
Will get my 2nd Vega these Days. Got the Vega SSDT in my Patched Folder, does it affect on my second one, or do I ha to expand the SSDT with the same Values but targeting another PCI and GFX Port?

In this Case I Think GFX1 an the Slot, where the Card will be in (slot-4 is recommended by Asus on the X299 Deluxe) btw.: it is exact the Same Card Vendor and Model (Asus, Strix 64)

Thanks for reply!

For your NVMe take the ANS1-SSDT as an example and properly adopt it for your system. For your second Vega just add a second Vega-SSDT.

Not any big deal really.

Good luck ;)

Ok cool I´ll try.

Adopt the second VEGA SSDT to the GFX1 port Mapping right?

NVMe worked like charm

Reactions: kgp
OK, of course I have neglected the small thingies, as they do not count for me, but very good you have sent a pic for clarification :headbang:

Let me rephrase then:

#1 Vega
#2 empty (covered by Vega)
#3 Asus 10GB Ethernet
#4 NVME Hyper x16
#5 emtpy
#6 TB GC Titan Ridge

hi @flymovies, seems you are using ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 card, may i know whether osx can find the raid 0 set by hyper x16?

thanks.

Hey kgp, i had a quick question i hoped you could help with. Im about to build this system,(x299 deluxe, 7900x) running high sierra and want to use 2 1080ti's. is it doable or not recommended? thanks!

Hey kgp, i had a quick question i hoped you could help with. Im about to build this system,(x299 deluxe, 7900x) running high sierra and want to use 2 1080ti's. is it doable or not recommended? thanks!

Within 10.13, Nvidia GPUs are generally supported. This does not state for 10.14. Thus if you are planning to upgrade to 10.14 in the near future, stay away from Nvidia and better opt for Vega(s).

About using dual Nvidia GPU configurations, there are several people along this thread certainly better suited to answer your question.

Good luck

Hi @kgp
First of all a very big respect for the work you done. You made me switch from my MacPro5.1 12 Core into a similar i9 7980xe Build. (Not functionally yet, problems described below)
I´ve started to buy the same Components as you used in the x299 High Sierra Guide.
However i bought the Asus Rampage 6 Extreme instead. Thought would be possible too.
I think its the 4 th day and many many hours of trying to install High Sierra 10.13.6 with NO LUCK. I even cant reach the Installer and get Panics. Ive tried also different configurations in the Bootloader with no luck.
I´ve read everything step by step and my eyes are burning now. I Did everything exactly you described.
I think the Bootloader needs some changes because of the Motherboard and i need your help please.
Please let me know which informations you need. Here is a List of the exact Components:

Asus x299 Rampage 6 Extreme
i9 7980xe
64 GB DDR 3000 TridentZ RGB
Gigabyte 1080 ti 11GB Waterforce (Thats why i need High Sierra)
Samsung 970 EVO NVme 1TB
Complete Custom EK WaterCooling with 360 & 240 Rad
Corsair AX1500 PSU

I think the Setup with the Rampage 6 Extreme is also very interessant to other Hackintoshers
(Sorry for my bad english)

Best Greets from Berlin ;)

Hi @kgp
First of all a very big respect for the work you done. You made me switch from my MacPro5.1 12 Core into a similar i9 7980xe Build. (Not functionally yet, problems described below)
I´ve started to buy the same Components as you used in the x299 High Sierra Guide.
However i bought the Asus Rampage 6 Extreme instead. Thought would be possible too.
I think its the 4 th day and many many hours of trying to install High Sierra 10.13.6 with NO LUCK. I even cant reach the Installer and get Panics. Ive tried also different configurations in the Bootloader with no luck.
I´ve read everything step by step and my eyes are burning now. I Did everything exactly you described.
I think the Bootloader needs some changes because of the Motherboard and i need your help please.
Please let me know which informations you need. Here is a List of the exact Components:

Asus x299 Rampage 6 Extreme
i9 7980xe
64 GB DDR 3000 TridentZ RGB
Gigabyte 1080 ti 11GB Waterforce (Thats why i need High Sierra)
Samsung 970 EVO NVme 1TB
Complete Custom EK WaterCooling with 360 & 240 Rad
Corsair AX1500 PSU

I think the Setup with the Rampage 6 Extreme is also very interessant to other Hackintoshers
(Sorry for my bad english)

Best Greets from Berlin ;)

There are several users with the Rampage 6 Extreme along this thread. Thus nothing really new under the sun and you might want to read their respective posts and ask them for help, if really necessary. Otherwise, I guess everything should work quite OoB by just following my guide and by else departing from my EFI-Folder distribution.

To receive help along this thread by others, especially read beginning of Section C.) of my guide. There you will find all necessary information required from your side for allowing others to help you in your issues.

BTW.. please add your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (motherboard, Cpu, GPU) to either your profile or signature in compliance with the board rules.

Many thanks in advance and good luck,

KGP

@kgp thanks for the information but im still cant find useful information for the rampage 6 extreme.
I have read so many times your tread/guide and did everything as you described but it doesnt work OoB.
im getting UsbHostController Panic.
Its very frustrating, wish someone could help me out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back