Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello.

I'm having a hard time organizing the VEGA64-ssdt.

I upload my ioreg file.

Help me, please.

I use whatevergreen, lilu.

cinebench score / opengl : 100~120
geekbench / 195,000

VGA: VEGA64 NITRO+
MAINBOARD : ASROCK X299 KILLER
CPU : 7820X

I recommend to upload your Vega64-SSDT, an IOREG save of your system and a "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report in order to allow others to help you.

Good luck

Hi All,

Will an RX 560 or 580 GPU work with this build?

This topic is answered several times in my guide and has been heavily discussed along this thread. Just read the respective posts.

Good luck.

hi @kgp , thanks for the great guide first.

i build a new hackintosh PC with i9-9920X and Asus X299 Deluex II

of course also get the water cool system. osx can sleep without any problem, that's good.

but all the PWM fans will go to full speed if osx wake up from sleep.
so, do you have the same problem?

thanks

hi @kgp , thanks for the great guide first.

i build a new hackintosh PC with i9-9920X and Asus X299 Deluex II

of course also get the water cool system. osx can sleep without any problem, that's good.

but all the PWM fans will go to full speed if osx wake up from sleep.
so, do you have the same problem?

thanks

In BIOS go to section "Monitor", set CPU and all onboard Fan headers to PWM and manual and adjust respective fan curves. Fan hubs should not be supplied by additional MOLEX or SATA power.

Good luck,

KGP

I recommend to upload your Vega64-SSDT, an IOREG save of your system and a "PCI" snapshot of Apple's system report in order to allow others to help you.

Good luck

I'm uploading my files here.
Please review it.

thx a lot.

Attachments

• 스크린샷 2019-01-09 오후 2.46.46.png
    스크린샷 2019-01-09 오후 2.46.46.png
    78.7 KB · Views: 100
  • SSDT-X299-Vega64.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 81
  • JEON’s iMac Pro.ioreg
    23.7 MB · Views: 106
In BIOS go to section "Monitor", set CPU and all onboard Fan headers to PWM and manual and adjust respective fan curves. Fan hubs should not be supplied by additional MOLEX or SATA power.

Good luck,

KGP

thanks, i am waiting for the new PWM cable and then will have a try.

also, i am using the i9-9920X cpu, should i use the same 'i9-7920X CPxx->PRxx code snippet' as per your guide?

thanks.

thanks, i am waiting for the new PWM cable and then will have a try.

also, i am using the i9-9920X cpu, should i use the same 'i9-7920X CPxx->PRxx code snippet' as per your guide?

thanks.

Verify with IOREG that the i9-7920X code snippet also works for the i9-9920X.

So after two years in France, I'm moving back to Australia. Shipping my PC was going to cost more than buying a new case and water-cooling system. So I threw away everything but MB, i9-7980xe, RAM, SSDs, PSU, hard drives and the graphic cards (taking those with me as carryon luggage)

Bought the EKWB PE360 kit and the Vega EKWB waterblock. I don't do anything stressing the Vega ever, mostly wanted it to be quiet (it's the noisiest component of my system). I bought a Fractal Design R6 Define case

The EKWB configurator suggests an extra SE360 radiator for the water loop. But that would be massively over speced (like 780W of cooling for a max of 500W). This would have to be used as top radiator. I'm not that keen on removing the top part of the case, going to be much noisier (that and 3 extra fans).
Elsewhere EKWB recommend 1x120mm fan per component + 1, which 360mm will cover enough (though i'm guessing that don't really apply for a beast like the 7980 or Vega FE).

Suggestions?

I manage i9 7960x(delided) + Vega FE with a EK-CoolStream XE 360 & 6x fan ML120 from corsair (push/Pull).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back