Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just gathered one LG-34WK95-W from Amazon. Works already with the TB-Titan Ridge. But macOS implements 2x monitors instead of one.

View attachment 368504

View attachment 368505

View attachment 368506

View attachment 368507

VegaGraphicsFixup does not remove the issue either...

@kgp Wow, I am impressed by your dedication ;-) Sorry I could not help faster with results. It is good to know however, that you now can test full steam ahead and I wish you best of luck with that. Regarding the 2 screen issue: I read a post in another forum where they managed to get a 4k screen working, which was also split into two logic displays. However the resolution of each display portion was exactly the same. Maybe this could be a hint where to start. Good luck with further testing and thanks for the test support in the beginning!

Just gathered one LG-34WK95-W from Amazon. Works already with the TB-Titan Ridge. But macOS implements 2x monitors instead of one.

VegaGraphicsFixup does not remove the issue either... @Rulebreaker01, any idea ?
Does this mean the display works like the LG UltraFine 5K when using Thunderbolt and therefore requires two DisplayPort 1.2 inputs over Thunderbolt? I thought it was a DisplayPort 1.4 only display. You only have Thunderbolt connected? No other connections? Is the DisplayPort version set to DisplayPort 1.2 or DisplayPort 1.4? Did you try a DisplayPort cable or a DisplayPort to USB-C cable (such as the Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable which is tested for 5K and is bi-directional).

You can search for recent posts by sssteve about solving the issue with LG UltraFine 5K and Vega 64. I don't know if it applies to the LG 34WK95-W.
#439 , #80

Does this mean the display works like the LG UltraFine 5K when using Thunderbolt and therefore requires two DisplayPort 1.2 inputs over Thunderbolt? I thought it was a DisplayPort 1.4 only display. You only have Thunderbolt connected? No other connections? Is the DisplayPort version set to DisplayPort 1.2 or DisplayPort 1.4? Did you try a DisplayPort cable or a DisplayPort to USB-C cable (such as the Moshi USB-C to DisplayPort Cable which is tested for 5K and is bi-directional).

You can search for recent posts by sssteve about solving the issue with LG UltraFine 5K and Vega 64. I don't know if it applies to the LG 34WK95-W.
#439 , #80

DP1.4 works out of the box by using either one of the DP1.4 Vega ports or the one and only DP1.4 port of the GC-Titan Ridge.

I now intent to run the LG 34WK95-W via TB3. As the LG 34WK95-W only implements an Alpine Ridge controller the two mini-DP port inputs of the GC-Titan Ridge are still treated as two separate DP1.2 ports. And that' also why unfortunately I see two screens under macOS at present without any fix for this issue. Display settings DP1.4 seems to be a must also via TB3. With display setting DP1.2, no image on the LG 34WK95-W.

Last edited:
At KGP:

Could you probably post a guide how you created the ssdt.aml for hotplugging the GC Titan Ridge. For Sure there are a lot of Users woth the Gigabyte Designare, or other Z390 Motherboards who will buy the Titan Ridge. It would be awesome the get a guide...

Best Regards

Samuel

All you need to do is properly adopting ACPI path and ACPI replacements for the specific slot on your particular motherboard. How to is already described in this guide.

Hello @kgp,
First of all, thank you for this amazing guide that allows me to finally get High Sierra working with my brand new config rig. Everything is working except for the sleep...
As you mentioned, i have checked Pike's post about debugging sleep issue but i don't even have PMStatusCode nor IOPMSystemSleepType entries.
So i wonder how did you fix this sleep issue on your side since we almost have the same config ?

My issue in details :

After successfully install/configure everything, i ended up with a fully functional system (thanks again) and i wanted to test the sleep so i did it but it wasn't working...
My rig was shutting down, and stay shutdown until i type something on keyboard or click with my mouse. If i click, my rig seems to be awake again but my screens (i have dual screen) stays black and no mater what i do, they stay black. I need to push the reset btn to get the system running properly again.
So i've tried to include the Pike's SSDT-SLEEP.aml to ACPI/patched folder and now, the system doesn't even stay to sleep mode, it actually directly awakes after going to sleep and my screens remains black.

My Specs :

- Asus Prime x299 Deluxe (same as you).
- Intel Core i9-7920X (12 Core, 24 Threads @2,9 GHz).
- Corsair vengeance 128GB (8x16GB) RAM 3200MHz.
- 2 x Nvidia Geforce GTX 1080 Ti (Gigabyte Aorus Extreme Edition) with SLI bridge.
- The Thunderbolt 3 adapter that comes with the motherboard but nothing plugged in to it (i have no TB3 devices).
And i have a fully water-cooled system. (max temp: 35°C)

I have put my complete EFI folder along with some screenshot in this post. Let me know if you need something else.

Hope you can help me with that :).

Thanks in advance.

1.) SSDT-SLEEP.aml is just for debugging.

2.) Remove FakeCPUID from config.plist.

3.) Please provide "PCI" screenshot of Apple's system report and IROEG-save.

@kgp I followed your guide and it work fantastic.

Since Mojave my 1080 no longer has acceleration, so I got a RX 580 and add it to my system ... individually both of them work on slot 1 and 3, but when I have both of them inserted, none of them worked and I just get a black screen. Would you have any insight to let me ave both of them inserted? I don’t mind disable it on macOS but it would be a shame if I have to unplug one of them.

Last edited:
@kgp I followed your guide and it work fantastic.

Since Mojave my 1080 no longer has acceleration, so I got a RX 480 and add it to my system ... individually both of them work on slot 1 and 3, but when I have both of them inserted, none of them worked and I just get a black screen. Would you have any insight to let me ave both of them inserted? I don’t mind disable it on macOS but it would be a shame if I have to unplug one of them.

@flymovies might be able to help in this issue.

Good luck,

KGP

DP1.4 works out of the box by using either one of the DP1.4 Vega ports or the one and only DP1.4 port of the GC-Titan Ridge.

I now intent to run the LG 34WK95-W via TB3. As the LG 34WK95-W only implements an Alpine Ridge controller the two mini-DP port inputs of the GC-Titan Ridge are still treated as two separate DP1.2 ports. And that' also why unfortunately I see two screens under macOS at present without any fix for this issue. Display settings DP1.4 seems to be a must also via TB3. With display setting DP1.2, no image on the LG 34WK95-W.

I'm not surprised. It's almost certain the TB3 is using DP 1.2 to make it compatible with the majority of Thunderbolt device out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back