Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I use your EFI and I start clean installion, added Lilu, AppleALC, Whatevergreen kext. But TSCAdjustReset.kext no create your advoci. Download ok and succesfuly installed but your after shared code error by; No such file or directory. İf I tried installation TSCAdjustReset.kext not. I seeing this error. @kgp

Use that one...

Attachments

• TSCAdjustReset.kext.zip
    10 KB · Views: 69
Seems that you still do not understand the underlaying basics for SSDT-editing.
Obviously :) I learn little by little by my own
PEGP and SL01 are not part of your actual mobo-specific Slot ACPI Table implementation! SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml exactly crashed on your system as you did implement these two non-existent PCI devices! That was exactly the source of your issues.
Thanks for clarifying that for me

Reactions: kgp
Did you try the SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml provided by kgp on post#11447 : this one must work in your system according to your IOReg : I have the same Mobo as yours and no problem for me ;)
Yes it works perfectly
Do you have an Alpine Ridge or Titan Ridge ?

Why you should not delid your i9-99xx and why you should opt for a delidded i9-79xx, if possible instead

kgp.png

A very newbie question please: If I replace my Asus x299 Deluxe motherboard with an Asus x299 Deluxe II motherboard, will I have to rebuild my whole system from scratch? I would of course use the same CPU and same startup disc. I currently have the Imac Hack in this thread and Windows 10 installed on two separate SSD drives.

A very newbie question please: If I replace my Asus x299 Deluxe motherboard with an Asus x299 Deluxe II motherboard, will I have to rebuild my whole system from scratch? I would of course use the same CPU and same startup disc. I currently have the Imac Hack in this thread and Windows 10 installed on two separate SSD drives.

You will just have to modify respective parts of your EFI-Folder for macOS.

Under Windows it might be sufficient to install the respective mainboard drivers.

You will just have to modify respective parts of your EFI-Folder for macOS.

Under Windows it might be sufficient to install the respective mainboard drivers.
Oh, awesome. Thank you for the response. Do you @kgp, or anyone else, know how much performance improvement you might get with the Deluxe II? I know the VRMs run much cooler.

Oh, awesome. Thank you for the response. Do you @kgp, or anyone else, know how much performance improvement you might get with the Deluxe II? I know the VRMs run much cooler.

You know that I did not use the factory default VRM heat pipe of the Deluxe but the EK CPU mono-block instead, which also accounts for the VMR cooling. Works perfectly like that. The new heat pipe cooling of the Deluxe II won't be more efficient. I therefore do not expect any performance win with the Deluxe II, when compared with my actual system configuration.

I still face some sleep/wake issues with the GC-Titan Ridge on my Deluxe. Thus the only thing that could improve with the Deluxe II would be a better sleep/wake performance with the onboard Titan Ridge controller, if the latter fully works at all under macOS including HotPlug (which is the personal risk you take as nobody ever verified the Deluxe II macOS compatibly including TB functionality).

I see absolutely no other advantage of the Deluxe II when compared with the Deluxe. The opposite is the case, when talking e.g. about its 5G onboard NIC implementation, which is a severe bottle neck within any 10GB ethernet home network solution. The loss of one entire x16 PCIe slot might be another disadvantage.

Last edited:
is this guy a complete idiot?

He is one of the most recognised mechatronics engineers in Germany and famous in the world-wide OC community.

http://der8auer.com/about-us/

basically he just confirms what I stated about the i9-99xx series from the very beginning.

No reason to get abusive, dude... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back