Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bumped into a kernel panic that I am struggling with. I managed to do a clean install of HS on my EVO 760 NVMe drive (MSI X299 / i7-7820x). Everything went smooth and was able to reboot nicely. The first thing I wanted to do was to install the Nvidia Web Driver for my Asus Stix 1080Ti GPU. After installing I went into clover and enabled to nvda-drv=1 bootflag (had not reboooted yet). But now I only get half way through booting, it stops at the point where it just has listed the bootflags and kext versions. I have tried booting from the USB installer but same thing.
In my kext folder I have AGPMEnabler, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, TSCAdjustReset, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA and WhateverGreen.
Bootflags are -v, npci=0x2000, xcpm, dart=0, debug=0x100, nvda_drv=1, keepsyms=1, darkwake=0

Hope someone has a fix for this :)

Last edited:
Yo Yo @kgp hope you're well mate!

Just wondering if you have an update guide for 10.13.6SU you can point me to?

Once I download 10.13.6su update from app store and restart to clover boot do i want to boot into the normal imac boot drive or the install boot drive?

The guide in the original post of this thread was already updated to 10.13.6 SU. Where to point to?

After first reboot you boot the "Install macOS on.." partition on your system disk

After the second reboot, you boot the "macOS .." partition on your system disk

What about reading my guide in the original post of this thread?

I bumped into a kernel panic that I am struggling with. I managed to do a clean install of HS on my EVO 760 NVMe drive (MSI X299 / i7-7820x). Everything went smooth and was able to reboot nicely. The first thing I wanted to do was to install the Nvidia Web Driver for my Asus Stix 1080Ti GPU. After installing I went into clover and enabled to nvda-drv=1 bootflag (had not reboooted yet). But now I only get half way through booting, it stops at the point where it just has listed the bootflags and kext versions. I have tried booting from the USB installer but same thing.
In my kext folder I have AGPMEnabler, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, Lilu, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, TSCAdjustReset, USBInjectAll, VoodooHDA and WhateverGreen.
Bootflags are -v, npci=0x2000, xcpm, dart=0, debug=0x100, nvda_drv=1, keepsyms=1, darkwake=0

Hope someone has a fix for this :)

1.) Boot flag nvda-drv=1 is obsolete for more than one year. Check NvidiaWeb in config.plist under System Parameters of Clover Configurator instead for forcing the Web Driver to load, if the Web Driver does not load without.

2.) Remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup as it is obsolete and has been replaced by Whatevergreen. Never use both NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Whatevergreen!

3.) I do not use neither VoodooHDA nor USBInjectAll

4.) Again! Use either VoodooHDA or AppleALC

I you are not able to properly configure your system, upload BIOS screen shots, EFI-Folder and IOREG.sav

Good night, dude ;)

Ok, usb xhci kext for X299-A works as expected!

now the only issue remains the super slow internet speed after sleep / wake (please note my wifi data rate remains ok, only the actual internet speed test becomes slow) I got a PCIe adapter for a Broadcom card in slot 3 bought on aliexpress, link and pic following:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fen...977.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6b054c4d3OlOWn

1504044181000_IMG_859930.jpg

Thanks a lot @kgp and @jaminmc

1.) Boot flag nvda-drv=1 is obsolete for more than one year. Check NvidiaWeb in config.plist under System Parameters of Clover Configurator instead for forcing the Web Driver to load, if the Web Driver does not load without.

2.) Remove NvidiaGraphicsFixup as it is obsolete and has been replaced by Whatevergreen. Never use both NvidiaGraphicsFixup and Whatevergreen!

I you are not able to properly configure your system, upload BIOS screen shots, EFI-Folder and IOREG.sav

Thanks kgp for the info, It has been 2 years since my last build so I can feel that I am rusty and out of date :)
I will make these changes tonight/later today and if it does not fix itself I will follow your advice and upload what you suggested.

The guide in the original post of this thread was already updated to 10.13.6 SU. Where to point to?

After first reboot you boot the "Install macOS on.." partition on your system disk

After the second reboot, you boot the "macOS .." partition on your system disk

What about reading my guide in the original post of this thread?
Yeah, I thought that, wasn't sure if i needed to change up any kexts or anything prior. I'm getting a sierra screen after loading on install mac drive partition that says 'macOS could not be installed on your computer. The installer resources were not found.' Is there an easy way i can delete the cached update files and start the update from scratch?

Yeah, I thought that, wasn't sure if i needed to change up any kexts or anything prior. I'm getting a sierra screen after loading on install mac drive partition that says 'macOS could not be installed on your computer. The installer resources were not found.' Is there an easy way i can delete the cached update files and start the update from scratch?

Just boot again the macOS system instead of the MacOS installer, this will automatically erase the installer partition.

Just boot again the macOS system instead of the MacOS installer, this will automatically erase the installer partition.
Yup tried that a few times same problem, not sure if it's due to apfs and me having a windows ssd drive attached? Will muck around with it a bit more tomorrow.

Just wanted to let you know that removing those kext files you mentioned solved my problem :)
Thanx again kgp!

Reactions: kgp
Hello, KGP! Need your help!..
I builded same hack, according to your guide, with small difference. 7940x, ddr4 crucial elite3000, GA1080ti,x299primeDeluxe,970evo/apfs. System test 10.13.6 and 10.13.6SU. bios same you guide
All work good. Premiere with 4k video and lots of effects, working perfect. but if i send a queue render to adobe media encoder , hack freezes and no longer responds except reboot. all bench work good. render in ffmbc same freezes. CPU use 30-50%max

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    40.7 MB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back