Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGP!

Few days ago I bought a Sapphire RX Vega 64 vga and I changed the GTX 980Ti. Uninstall the web driver, everything is working fine, inclued sleep/wake. Happy with the system, only one thing left. I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch. But for some reason, I have some USB, witch does not work at all. What did I miss?

I attached my EFI folder here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1IbQWnNFiTtvLSErX715kgFH1Vso6eTWr

Really appreciate your help guys!

Please attach compressed EFi-Folder, IOREG.save and PCI screenshot simply to your post.

BTW.. no update of port limit path for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025)... the port limit patch for 10.3.6 is still valid for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025).

I really don't know what you mean by "I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch."

Thanks,

KGP

P.S. given recent discussions in the other thread it seems recommended to always stay within Apple's 15 port USB limit. I am therefore collecting fully implemented XHC USB kexts, which subsequently can be truncated to 15-port XHC USB kexts by the respective user, in case the fully implemented kext exceeds the 15-port limit.

Are you willing to provide a fully implement XHC USB kext for the ASUS X299 Prime-A to be implemented in the XHC USB Kext Library?

Last edited:
Please attach compressed EFi-Folder, IOREG.save and PCI screenshot simply to your post.

BTW.. no update of port limit path for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025)... the port limit patch for 10.3.6 is still valid for 10.13.6 SU (17G3025).

I really don't know what you mean by "I updated the system to 10.13.6 (17G3025) and I updated the USB limit kext patch."

Thanks,

KGP

P.S. given recent discussions in the other thread it seems recommended to always stay within Apple's 15 port USB limit. I am therefore collecting fully implemented XHC USB kexts, which subsequently can be truncated to 15-port XHC USB kexts by the respective user, in case the fully implemented kext exceeds the 15-port limit.

Are you willing to provide a fully implement XHC USB kext for the ASUS X299 Prime-A to be implemented in the XHC USB Kext Library?

Sorry, I attached the compressed EFI folder and the IOREG.save. Sorry for the stupid question, but the PCI screenshot from IORegistryExplorer?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gq_mPKz0I05JmNwt2DKw6dQ8_9SwjIrb

I meant the update USB limit kext patch, I had a working 10.3.3 config.plist and thats why I used that, updated the USB limit kext patch. Is it bad idea? Should I use your EFI with my bootflags?

Of course I would provide it, but few days ago I just started to do it and I had to realise, it was a bit complicated for my knowledge and english, so I could not finished yet... :crazy:

Thanks!

Sorry, I attached the compressed EFI folder and the IOREG.save. Sorry for the stupid question, but the PCI screenshot from IORegistryExplorer?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Gq_mPKz0I05JmNwt2DKw6dQ8_9SwjIrb

I meant the update USB limit kext patch, I had a working 10.3.3 config.plist and thats why I used that, updated the USB limit kext patch. Is it bad idea? Should I use your EFI with my bootflags?

Of course I would provide it, but few days ago I just started to do it and I had to realise, it was a bit complicated for my knowledge and english, so I could not finished yet... :crazy:

Thanks!

@Bagi1992, my friend,

your EFI-Folder-Folder was a real disaster ;):lol:..

I don't know if it is that difficult to download and adopt at least the actual EFI-Folder version?

I was forced to basically rewrite a completely new EFI-Folder our of your former one.. :rolleyes:o_O..

Anyway, implement the modified (new) EFi-Folder attached below and stay with this actual version now and in the future.

Additional Remarks:

1.) Yet there is my XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe in your EFI-Folder, which is not compatible with the ASUS X299 Prime-A. Thus, no surprise that some of your USB ports are actually not working. You will have to create your own board-specific XHC USB kext for the X299 Prime-A or wait until somebody else will do it instead.

2.) Yet there are no System SSDTs implemented in your EFi-Folder. Another endeavour awaiting your skills ;)

Good luck, man:thumbup:

KGP

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.3 MB · Views: 202
Last edited:
@Bagi1992, my friend,

your EFI-Folder-Folder was a real disaster ;):lol:..

I don't know if it is that difficult to download and adopt at least the actual EFI-Folder version?

I was forced to basically rewrite a completely new EFI-Folder our of your former one.. :rolleyes:o_O..

Anyway, implement the modified (new) EFi-Folder attached below and stay with this actual version now and in the future.

Additional Remarks:

1.) Yet there is my XHC USB kext for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe in your EFI-Folder, which is not compatible with the ASUS X299 Prime-A. Thus, no surprise that some of your USB ports are actually not working. You will have to create your own board-specific XHC USB kext for the X299 Prime-A or wait until somebody else will do it instead.

2.) Yet there are no System SSDTs implemented in your EFi-Folder. Another endeavour awaiting your skills ;)

Good luck, man:thumbup:

KGP
Dear KGP,

You always saves the people here... :))
I know, it's a shame... I had better knowledge before in this segment, but I did not read this thread for long time...

Really thanks your help, this system is stay for stable and I don't touch it, I have an other ssd for Mojave later on, if I have time to read and learn more :D

Thanks again man! :clap:

Reactions: kgp
Dear KGP,

You always saves the people here... :))
I know, it's a shame... I had better knowledge before in this segment, but I did not read this thread for long time...

Really thanks your help, this system is stay for stable and I don't touch it, I have an other ssd for Mojave later on, if I have time to read and learn more :D

Thanks again man! :clap:

;)

Hello KGP

After upgrading 10.14.1 (18B75), vega64 has a problem. Now H264 hardware coding has failed, resulting in fcpx output is not normal.
This problem did not appear on 10.14.

I am sorry. I'm not good at English

Xnip2018-11-04_11-24-08.png

Because my motherboard is the same as your X299-DELUXE, and vega64 is plugged into the first slot, so I used your vega ssdt directly, without modification.

@mrmggi what is that app that's showing you that information?

I don't know the HighPoint RocketRaid 640L and I don't know if it is at all supported under 10.13 or 10.14. Anybody else can give some advice?

General comments to the incomplete system information your provided so far:

You use Lilu.kext but no Lilu-plugin. What for? You should use at least AppleALC.kext to properly implement and load your onboard HDEF audio driver. Also Whatevergreen.kext should be added. I would remove SATA-unsupported.kext, if you do not know about it's detailed function.

When using ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi, apfs.efi should be removed.

You did not enable any of the ACPI replacements in the config.plist. At least enable PC00 -> PCI0, _OSI -> XOSI, EC0_ -> EC__, H_EC -> EC__, HEC1 -> IMEI, IDER->MEID, LPC0 -> LPCB, FPU_ -> MATH, TMR_ -> TIMR, PIC_ -> IPIC, SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR, _DSM -> XDSM.

The nvda_drv=1 boot flag is obsolete and meaningless.

You have checked KernelPM and also enabled the _xcpm_core_scope kernel patch. You are not using the actual BIOS version for your mainboard? There should be an option to manually disable the MSR lock. Subsequently you can uncheck KernelPM and disable the _xcpm_core_scope kernel patch.

Do you really need the AppleEthernetAquantiaAqtion kext patch?

Now back to your originating request.

All System SSDTs are yet missing under /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched.

That's also the reason why section "PCI" of Apple's system report is totally upside down in your case.

Please carefully adopt and implement all System SSDTs and also add a system SSDT for your HighPoint RocketRaid 640L PCIe adapter.

I expect that by doing the latter, all PCI drivers including the AHCI Controller driver for your HighPoint RocketRaid 640L PCIe adapter will be properly loaded.

Hope that helps..

Good luck and enjoy,

KGP

Your solutions contributed to get a series of devices working, for example usb 3.1 and NVME which weren't. Unfortunately I fall short of knowledge to "add a SSDT for HighPoint RocketRaid 640L PCIe adapter". I would greatly appreciate redirection to a guide to generate one. Thanks!

@mrmggi what is that app that's showing you that information?
VideoProc,

I found in the test that the fcpx background rendering GPU and CPU are working at full capacity.
However, when the H264 output is found, the GPU occupancy rate is very low, and the CPU usage is not high. Is this normal?
屏幕快照 2018-11-04 下午4.11.58.png

Thank you

Hello KGP

After upgrading 10.14.1 (18B75), vega64 has a problem. Now H264 hardware coding has failed, resulting in fcpx output is not normal.
This problem did not appear on 10.14.

I am sorry. I'm not good at English

View attachment 362783
Because my motherboard is the same as your X299-DELUXE, and vega64 is plugged into the first slot, so I used your vega ssdt directly, without modification.

If this is true at all and is not based on some user error, I would not see how this could relate with the X299-DELUXE or the Vega-SSDT.

Please provide BIOS screenshots, EFI-Folder, IOREG.sav and "PCI" snapshot.

Definitely, your related posts are in the wrong thread. This is my 10.13 X299 iMacPro guide in the High Sierra section of this forum and content should have been posted along my 10.14 X299 iMacPro guide in the Mojave section of this forum.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back