Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do neither see any need nor I would like that my SSDTs now popup in dozens of Github channels. It is not only a question of proper maintenance and consistency but also a question of authorship warranty. At most one could implement different forks for different systems.

However, I strongly recommend that you start getting familiar with basic SSDT editing, instead of permanently panicking her around with personal fears or permanently requesting a babysitting of your own system by others. The latter is definitely a no-go in long-term, which cannot continue forever. The adaptation of my systems SSDTs to any other system is really a trivial and basic act, which just requires a few additional edits for proper ACPI path and ACPI replacement adaptation. I am sure that with some minimum personal effort also you would succeed in properly configuring and maintaining your own system, as originally meant to be.

Thanks for your trust and your incredible work here mate, I appreciate that and all your words. I'll try to be a more proactive member of this valuable group here.

Reactions: kgp
Hi guys, long time I have been here last time... my system is running well, but I am planning to change my gtx 980ti for gigabyte vega 64 vga card because of the nvidia related window resizeing lagg. Anyone using this type of vega card? As I saw, it should work out of the box if it has 3hdmi and 3 display port... so any advise before buy?

Hi guys, long time I have been here last time... my system is running well, but I am planning to change my gtx 980ti for gigabyte vega 64 vga card because of the nvidia related window resizeing lagg. Anyone using this type of vega card? As I saw, it should work out of the box if it has 3hdmi and 3 display port... so any advise before buy?

well OoB.. you will need my SSDT and likely also Whatevergreen.kext in addition.

@taylorsyn, @gigignopechegno

there was a bug in the NHI implementation in SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml. Please reload modified file from Github, adopt the file to your system and report back if it works now properly.

Cheers,

KGP

SOO nice, thanks now all work fine.
Tested Davinci e Premiere, this i9 is amazing KGP.
in the next few days I'll try with 2 Nvidia 1080 and a Redrocket-x, I hope it works;)

Reactions: kgp
Want to make the jump to Mojave but it looks like Nvidia isn't going to come out with web drivers. Would it be possible to have my 1080ti "disabled" under MacOS and have a Vega 64 "disabled" under Windows 10? I want to keep the 1080ti as a Vega 64 would be a downgrade for games under Windows.

Want to make the jump to Mojave but it looks like Nvidia isn't going to come out with web drivers. Would it be possible to have my 1080ti "disabled" under MacOS and have a Vega 64 "disabled" under Windows 10? I want to keep the 1080ti as a Vega 64 would be a downgrade for games under Windows.

I don‘t think that there is a significant or noticeable difference in gaming performance between a Vega 64 and a GTX 1080Ti under Windows, at least following my personal experience and needs.

The difference might be really marginal and I think it is not worth to opt for a quite exotic and also likely problematic GPU configuarion harboring both ATI and Nvidia GPUs in one and the same build.

You decision.

I followed this excellent guide a while back now to install High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D2047) using identifier iMacPro1,1
Everything has been working fine, but it takes around a minute or more to boot, but I understand that is because of something to do with APFS on the Samsung 960 PRO V-NAND M.2 2880 2TB PCI Express 3.0 x4 (NVMe) which is my main drive. I never restart the machine, so its not too much of a problem though.

However, now I am trying to upgrade to HS 10.13.6 and I just cannot make it work.

I download and run the installer - it reboots, I choose the new Install Mac OS option in Clover and it comes up with the apple logo, then the grey screen, but instead of starting an installation it then pops up a message:

macOS could not be installed on your computer.
The installer resources were not found.
Quit the installer, restart your computer and try again.

I have tried downloading from the App Store upgrade tab, I have also tried downloading macOSUpd10.13.6 and macOSUpdCombo10.13.6 from tonymacx86, but its the same each time.

I don't have a recovery partition on my NVM drive, as far as I can see its just the EFI partition and the APFS one.

Does anybody have any ideas please? I'd love to get 10.13.6 on as it has a couple of features I really like on my other Mac.

Kind regards,

Rob

Attachments

• IMG_3927.jpeg
    IMG_3927.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 67
I made my own iMac Pro Boot Splash Screen. ;)

(file extension .JPG must be renamed as .raw before modding bios )

Attachments

• IMG_0873.JPG
    IMG_0873.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 91
  • Lolo Boot Splash Screen.zip
    660.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
I have the Titan Ridge card, maybe I was confused is the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml for Titan Ridge only? Or did SSDT-X299-TB3HP.aml replace the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml?

Everything works fine with the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.am I uploaded earlier (which you helped modify for me) and I am using the XHCI.aml

Thanks @kgp, that solved the issue!

Vega 64 is between GTX1070 and GTX1080, sometimes trading blows with GTX1080 and winning in certain Game titles.

The GTX1080Ti is about 20-35% faster than the Vega 64, which may be significant for you if you are gaming at 1440p and above.

But yes you can keep both cards in the system. Uninstall the WebDrivers in macOS and use Input 1 for Vega 64 and Input 2 for GTX1080Ti on your monitor, so you have to switch it every time for different OS's.

But in my opinion, it's not the cleanest system imaginable, changing inputs etc...but if it works for you, sure..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back