Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the GC-Titan Bridge Thunderbolt 3 card and it does work. However, now my PSU fan stays on. Even if I switch it off and then back on the fan comes on right away. I pinned the issue down to the USB header cable that connects the GC-Titan Ridge card to the USB header on the motherboard. I tried switching the cable around but the PSU fan still turns on. Once I remove the USB header cable the fan turns off. Thoughts? Defective GC-Titan Ridge?

I already mentioned issues with the Titan Ridge USB header and cable plugged to onboard USB headers of different mainboards! .. You did not follow or read my recent posts?

Yet we have to find answers and solutions... :rolleyes:

I already mentioned issues with the Titan Ridge USB header and cable plugged to onboard USB headers of different mainboards! .. You did not follow or read my recent posts?

Yet we have to find answers and solutions... :rolleyes:

Sorry missed that part. I'm trying to figure it out. I did get this far so far:

Enable ErP Ready: States S4 + S5 and that will shut the PSU fan off. However, after doing so I can't get my Thunderbolt 3 RAID drive to mount at all. I'm trying S5 only right now and will report back.

Enabling ErP Ready in the BIOS with State S5 only did the trick. I don't know if there are any other side effects.

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
So, with the Titan Ridge card connected via the internal USB 2.0 port connection, the THB_C cable connected to the motherboard, the dual 6 pin power connectors connected, and the TB Titan Ridge aml file loaded (SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml), I do not have hot plug, at least with my TB1 hard drive to Titan Ridge card. I just tried it and it didn't work.

Windows 10 shows two devices: my TB1 hard drive and my CalDigit TB dock (which is TB3), so I think the drivers are working. I don't see any place to set permissions, like I did in the past - I'm thinking they may have fixed that?

The drive works if I connect at boot (as it always has), but no hot plug.....:crazy:. Lets be clear about what I mean by hot plug: the ability to unmount a drive, physically disconnect it and reconnect it at another time, and have it come up and mount or at least be mountable. Another version of what I call hot plug would be to connect the drive after booting and then have the drive up and mounted. This is what I had when I owned a iMac (2012), and so in my view, that's what hot plug should mean.

I am not experiencing any anomolies with my fans, they seem to work normally, nor am I experiencing any other normalities (so far).

How are other folks doing? Anybody else (other than kgp, I mean) managed hot plug so far? If you have, how did you do it? What did you connect that I didn't?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.47.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.47.49 PM.png
    197.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.48.19 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 1.48.19 PM.png
    211.1 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
I just tested hot-plugging a Lacie Rugged Thunderbolt 1/2 drive and HotPlug did not work either. That was daisy-chained, connecting to a Thunderbolt 3 RAID via the Apple Thunderbolt 2->3 adapter. I will try hot-plugging the RAID shortly and report back.

Hot-plug did not work with my RAID. Might have to go back to TBEX3 where it did work.

@cloudconnected666 have you had any luck with the SSDT implementation and the 10G issues with your X299 Sage 10G? Also does 10G work in Mojave?

@mm2margaret, @flmmkr,

are you ladies and guys using the GC-Titan Ridge in PCIe slot-4 fo your ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe?

You know that SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml else needs to be adopted?

Also SSDT-DTPG.aml is mandatory when using SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml.

If SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml is not properly adopted to your system and slot population and crashes or is ignored during the boot, you won't have any HotPlug at all!

Could you please upload an IOREG.sav and a "PCI" screenshot of Apple's system report for your system before drawing any misleading conclusions here in public?

It is simply impossible that SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml would only work on my system! You both have the same mainboard and GC-Titan ridge as I do! Thus HotPlug must work also on your systems! Or do you think that I am a liar, @flmmkr ? :rolleyes:

Hot-plug did not work with my RAID. Might have to go back to TBEX3 where it did work.

Don't jump the ship yet. @kgp is implying (on another forum) that the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml is based on slot 16_4, not slot 16_3, which has been his standard for the TB3 adapter.....

Don't jump the ship yet. @kgp is implying (on another forum) that the SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml is based on slot 16_4, not slot 16_3, which has been his standard for the TB3 adapter.....

Nope.. :).. That's not what I am saying

My TB-adopters always have been in the same PCIe slot, which I call Slot-4 for simplicity in my slot nomenclature but which is in fact PCIEX16_3 following the ASUS manual nomenclature:

258101-35422b2791fd35bcfd93a81a00c3adeb.jpg.png

As I say, an IOREG.sav + "PCI" snapshot would clarify your current situation and also clearly depict whether to not SSDT-X299-TB3HP-TTR.aml is properly implemented on your systems.

Anyway 2:34 am here in Berlin.. I need to go back to sleep ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back