Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah looks like the time has come for yet another macOS release.

I'll wait until 10.14.3 :D

Dear KGP, dear all,

Could you please advise on uefi settings for the x299 deluxe for booting windows 10 on a second drive? Or does nothing need changing?

Thanks,

D

The BIOS settings are optimised for macOS! Windows MUST and CAN live with that! Nothing to be changed!

Dear KGP, dear all,

Could you please advise on uefi settings for the x299 deluxe for booting windows 10 on a second drive? Or does nothing need changing?

Thanks,

D

Dual boot MacOs AND Windows is very easy without changing your bios settings :

1/ Mount the EFI partition on the drive where Windows is installed
2/ Navigate to EFI/Microsoft/Boot
3 / Copy the file bootmgfw.efi and rename to bootmgfw_or.efi
4/ Put this file on yours MacOs drive EFI/Clover :
5/ When you will boot on Clover you will be able to choose booting on / Windows /Mojave / High Sierra

Last edited:
The BIOS settings are optimised for macOS! Windows MUST and CAN live with that! Nothing to be changed!

Dual boot MacOs AND Windows is very easy without changing your bios settings :

1/ Mount the EFI partition on the drive where Windows is installed
2/ Navigate to EFI/Microsoft/Boot
3 / Copy the file bootmgfw.efi and rename to bootmgfw_or.efi
4/ Put this file on yours MacOs drive EFI/Clover :
5/ When you will boot on Clover you will be able to choose booting on / Windows /Mojave / High Sierra

Thank you both very much.

Gorgeous! :clap:;):thumbup:

And more fantastic news :p.. Full TB HotPlug with THB_C connected :headbang:

Bye, bye Alpine Ridge and especially TBEX 3.. ;) The latter goes directly to my trash bin... :lol:

Enjoy and have fun,

Thanks @kgp for testing this. Can we assume TB3 functionality similar to real Mac systems?
Do we still need to activate Titan Ridge Card under Windows?

Mcity

Thanks @kgp for testing this. Can we assume TB3 functionality similar to real Mac systems?
Do we still need to activate Titan Ridge Card under Windows?

Mcity

Yes I guess you still have to activate the Titan Ridge under Windows as explained in my guide.

Don't forget that the current Hackintosh TB implementation is a HotPlug workaround, which significantly defers from the real Mac TB implementation with a TB local node, TB bus drivers and several Apple TB kexts not active in the current Hackintosh environment.

Hi @kgp How are you buddy? Im have a feeling a !0.14 Guide is around the corner :)

Yes I guess you still have to activate the Titan Ridge under Windows as explained in my guide.

Don't forget that the current Hackintosh TB implementation is a HotPlug workaround, which significantly defers from the real Mac TB implementation with a TB local node, TB bus drivers and several Apple TB kexts not active in the current Hackintosh environment.

Thanks @kgp for clarifications. Miles to go in pursuit of perfection!

Mcity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back