Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone help me with a build guide? I must be missing something. I am switching my motherboard over to a Gigabyte Dessignare EX and having a *** of a time trying to get High Sierra working. Specs are i9 7900X x299 Dessignare EX and 32gb ram. Followed all the steps on the first page. I can get the installer to boot with npci=0x3000 but after it installs from usb I can't boot to hd. I have a number of errors such as "macos could not be installed on your computer resources have expired" and architecture could not be recognized. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Anyone get this board to work?
Sure...my system (as you can read in infos) is running well since 5 months. Please attach your EFI with config.plist so i can check what is the problem.

The many AMD cards for OSX? This guide is about building your own iMac Pro. And an iMac Pro does not employ a RX 580, sorry.. if you want to build a mac pro (that does not support skylake-x) with a RX 580, you are definitely in the wrong thread.. ;)
No, I am in the right thread, Mr initiator of the thread, as there is no thread for what I want which is: Run MacOS on X299 with whatever video card and other components I want.
So this being the closest to it, and being a very detailed guide, it helps a lot in achieving a slightly different objective.
I want MacOS on a PC. Nothing more restricted than that.
Thanks for this amazing guide and for the component SSDT approach.

Hi,
I have been trying to edit my DSDT and adding module SSDT but until now it always failed
How to do that?
I have edited KGP module like SSDT based on my IOREG, but I still confuse about how to put KGP SSDT (eg. SSDT-X299-Vega.aml) to my DSDT.aml
I try to copy paste but I always can't boot, it gives me error like attachment below
below also my DSDT.aml file

can anyone here help me to give me this one example how to do it (adding KGP SSD x299 Vega aml to my DSDT) ?
thank you

In my experience, a system won't boot for one of the following 3 reasons:
1- Your BIOS settings are wrong, in particular you didn't disable CSM in the BIOS Boot section
2- You didn't set properly the number of cores in TSCAdjustReset.kext/Contents/Info.plist properly (it must be number of cores*2-1)
3- Invalid SSDT/DSDT file

Here it appears to be due to 3. Remember: you do *not* need any SSDT/DSDT for the system to boot.

So as a start I would remove all your custom SSDT/DSDT and re-add them one at a time until you determine the faulty one.

does somebody know by chance if the BIOS 1503 on x299 TUF Mark 1, also has the unlocked MSR 0xE2 option. If so where can I find it? I'm still on patched 1301 and scared to update.

In my experience, a system won't boot for one of the following 3 reasons:
1- Your BIOS settings are wrong, in particular you didn't disable CSM in the BIOS Boot section
2- You didn't set properly the number of cores in TSCAdjustReset.kext/Contents/Info.plist properly (it must be number of cores*2-1)
3- Invalid SSDT/DSDT file

Here it appears to be due to 3. Remember: you do *not* need any SSDT/DSDT for the system to boot.

So as a start I would remove all your custom SSDT/DSDT and re-add them one at a time until you determine the faulty one.

1. wow, how do you know my CSM was enable in the BIOS? because you are correct, so which error message that give that information?
2. I have set TSCAdjustReset.kext as KGP write in the his guide
3. this is the thing I really want to learn, which is how to apply KGP PCI module ssd aml to my dsdt.aml?

thank you for reply

does somebody know by chance if the BIOS 1503 on x299 TUF Mark 1, also has the unlocked MSR 0xE2 option. If so where can I find it? I'm still on patched 1301 and scared to update.

I have the same motherboard and keep that option, you do not need to patch or the 1301,1401,1503 bios. All have option to activate or deactivate MSR 0xE2 control.

Everything works spectacular

Xerox I'm having the exact same issue. Is there a solution to the H264 / H265 issue in FCPX?
Thanks.

You have two options to download the final cut version 10.3.4 , (this version not call the graphics cpu to encode in h264) or export in another format and with another additional program convert to h264.

using imacpro smbios the best if you use amd is a Vega 56 / 64 or frontier.

You have two options to download the final cut version 10.3.4 , (this version not call the graphics cpu to encode in h264) or export in another format and with another additional program convert to h264.

using imacpro smbios the best if you use amd is a Vega 56 / 64 or frontier.

Thanks for the valuable information!!
Would that Final Cut Pro X version have an effect on Da Vinci H264 / H265 Export too?
In SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 the Pc is also unable to export those formats using Da Vinci 15.

On a side note using now SMBIOS MacPro5,1 the PC is as impeccable as with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

Thanks for the valuable information!!
Would that Final Cut Pro X version have an effect on Da Vinci H264 / H265 Export too?
In SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 the Pc is also unable to export those formats using Da Vinci 15.

On a side note using now SMBIOS MacPro5,1 the PC is as impeccable as with SMBIOS iMacPro1,1.

in fcpx bruce test 5k is about 12-15 sec with vega 56 .... on va vinci I asking how test render speed but nobody answer...

I followed this guide, installed 10.13.6 and everything is working (even onboard 10gbe).

BUT - I have a problem with PCIe card - Blackmagic Design 4K Extreme 12G, this one:
https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/products/decklink/techspecs/W-DLK-25

I see it in System report (attached image) and in DPCIManager (also attached)... After driver installation, driver utility says that there is no card installed. Is there something else I was supposed to do? I didn't do PCI part (no SSDTs installed in Clover).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 03.07.58.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 03.07.58.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 88
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 03.13.01.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 03.13.01.png
    33.9 KB · Views: 77
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back