Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Lan ports, wireless and bluetooth are disabled. I have the Intel X540-T1 (only one LAN port), My Aquantia is on my Z370 system.

o.k., then this should be your X299 SSDT...

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega-Prime-slot-1.aml.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 81
o.k., then this should be your X299 SSDT...

So, because you replied so fast, I think you got this before I added my zip files......with this one, my Wifi is disabled.....and Thank you! for assisting me....

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 7.32.27 AM.png

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 7.34.10 AM.png

So, just to be clear: my motherboard is the same as yours (X299 Prime Deluxe) and my cards are installed in my motherboard the same as yours, but with the exception of the Wireless card, which is in slot 5 instead of slot 3. I should mention the wireless card is a Broadcom BCM94369CS, not CD. I have a spare BCM94360CD here, should I plug it in? is that what might be causing the driver not to load?

So, just to be clear: my motherboard is the same as yours (X299 Prime Deluxe) and my cards are installed in my motherboard the same as yours, but with the exception of the Wireless card, which is in slot 5 instead of slot 3. I should mention the wireless card is a Broadcom BCM94369CS, not CD. I have a spare BCM94360CD here, should I plug it in? is that what might be causing the driver not to load?

Try.. but adopt DeviceID, etc, if necessary

Last edited:
Try.. bit adopt DeviceID, etc, if necessary

So, changing to the Broadcom CD card did not work.....so I'm going back to the CS card...

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 7.56.14 AM.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 7.54.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 7.54.14 AM.png
    813 bytes · Views: 108
Got it! By changing the device ID, etc, that was it! Thanks!!

So, for others, I have attached three files. The first is the original kgp imac pro aml file, unmodified. The second is the imac pro aml file that kgp modified with the Wifi slot 5 adaptation, and the third is my final imac pro aml slot 5 file with the correct device id, etc. Anyone who is having trouble with this, if they look at the three files and the differences between them should be able to sort out how to do this for their system.

Thanks again, @kgp!

Attachments

• 1. Original unmodified slot3 Wifi.aml.zip
    3.6 KB · Views: 73
  • 2. Modified for slot 5 wifi aml file.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 3. Final working modified aml for slot 5 Wifi with proper Device ID.aml.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Changing a subject a bit.
Is it possible to hibernate my Hackintosh instead of putting it to sleep or shutdown?

The main reason for my question is dual-boot win/MacOs. I sometimes use windows to play games, however, it would be nice to have all apps and system state exactly where I left when I go back to macos.

Also, I originally disabled both onboard X299 Ethernet adapters in BIOS because I don't need them. However, it is mandatory to enable at least one of them (and confirm in ifconfig that its name is en0), otherwise purchased apps from the App Store won't launch (verification error).

For most folks you're right, but.....I have a 10GbE adapter and with no intervention by me it got listed as en0 almost immediately (probably because of the iMac Pro system designation), and I had no issues updating from the App Store....

I think the key is that whatever network adapter you use to access the App store, it must be listed as en0.....and there are ways to get that assigned (en0) to a new adapter if someone wants to dig around and find the way to get that done.

Last edited:
I think the key is that whatever network adapter you use to access the App store, it must be listed as en0.....and there are ways to get that assigned (en0) to a new adapter if someone wants to dig around and find the way to get that done.

I agree that it's only the en0 part that seems to matter in the end (I removed the "mandatory" bit from my post now). I spent some time trying to make this work by other means (such as editing Boot.plist, removing NetworkPreferences etc.) as suggested in a myriad of other threads, none of which worked for me. Things improved only after re-enabling an Ethernet adapter, so I assumed that this would be the case in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back