Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s what my UPS shows, the screen isn’t even plugged on the UPS.

BTW, my Bluetooth usb dongle works perfectly, I disabled the USB port attached to the built-in BT. haven’t tested with the Magic Trackpad as I don’t have it here.
Do you know if there’s a way to have both BT adapter working at the same time? So I would have the trackpad linked with the Broadcom BT card, and the headset with the USB dongle.

Found plenty of ways o switch between the two, but only one works at a time.

Hello @jyavenard, I got a very basic, probably stupid question. I got a Bluetooth USB Dongle to see if it worked better than my built in adapter but I can't activate it, do you mind pointing me in the right direction? I tried the Bluetooth Explorer thing, but its not working for me.

Hello @jyavenard, I got a very basic, probably stupid question. I got a Bluetooth USB Dongle to see if it worked better than my built in adapter but I can't activate it, do you mind pointing me in the right direction? I tried the Bluetooth Explorer thing, but its not working for me.

I couldn't switch between adapters either, so I simply disabled my onboard BT adapter in BIOS. After that, the USB dongle worked.

Okay, kgp, I am trying to get this to work. I attempted a re-compile of your aml file and I replaced the Airport slot 3 with as much as I could with my slot 5 code (it compiled with no errors). I have been working on this for quite a while.....with no luck.

When I run a report, I don't see the Wireless in my PCI report.

Can you (or anyone) take a look at my adjusted aml file to see if you can see anything that could fix this? I have been working on this for quite a while with no success......I have uploaded my ioreg file....

If you use "SL0C" in your ssdt, you are saying that you have your card in "slot3", I have not been able to check your ioreg because it is corrupt, I recommend that you compress it in .zip. Find the correct entry for your card and correct SL0C for the correct entry, greetings.

Hi Kgp,

Hope you are well.

Is there some new setting to be added for the i9- 7920X? I saw something for other processors while catching up on missed posts.I cant seem to find it again.

Im on the new 10.13.6 release with your updated folder.

Thanks.

i9-7920X ACPI Replacements linked in the guide, my friend

Hey I´m not using a THCAdjustReset.kext and no XHC USB Kext! The only Kexts in my EFI are "AGPMEnabler.kext", "FakeSMC.kext", "IntelMausiEthernet.kext" and TSCAdjustReset.kext".
Am I missing something there?

I adopted the BIOS settings you recommended for the ASUS mobo!:)

It was just a typo.. my bad.. of course THCAdjustReset.kext should properly read TSCAdjustReset.kext

It was just a typo.. my bad.. of course THCAdjustReset.kext should properly read TSCAdjustReset.kext

No problem! I have the TSCAdjustReset.kext with the right core count set to 27 for my I9 7940.
Do you recommend using a XHC Adjust kext to fix this? Or have any tips for some BIOS tweaks?:)

Okay, kgp, I am trying to get this to work. I attempted a re-compile of your aml file and I replaced the Airport slot 3 with as much as I could with my slot 5 code (it compiled with no errors). I have been working on this for quite a while.....with no luck.

When I run a report, I don't see the Wireless in my PCI report.

Can you (or anyone) take a look at my adjusted aml file to see if you can see anything that could fix this? I have been working on this for quite a while with no success......I have uploaded my ioreg file....

What about your onboard LAN port.. Is it disabled?

Why do you use the Small-Tree P2EI0G-2T PCI Device Implementation with 2x 10 GB ports, if you employ an Aquantia 10 GB NIC with 1x 10 GB port?

Did you release the the TB-SSDT fails to load on your system?

Attached my guess SSDT for your current system configuration..

Attachments

• SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega-Prime-slot-1.aml.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Hello I got a very basic, probably stupid question. I got a Bluetooth USB Dongle to see if it worked better than my built in adapter but I can't activate it, do you mind pointing me in the right direction? I tried the Bluetooth Explorer thing, but its not working for me.

Are you using the USB kext method? if yes, this is the easiest, simply remove the HS0x entry where the internal BT adapter is connected and reboot with your external BT plugged in.

Otherwise, there's 2 ways that I know of to make the internal BT ignored (both can't be active at a given time, only one is ever used)
First make sure to write down the mac address of the BT adapter as seen in the About your mac -> More info -> Bluetooth, check the brand and type of BT adapter, for you to verify that it has indeed switched
1- Set a nvram variable:
sudo nvram bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior=always
this will force macOs to always use first the external BT adapter

To revert this:
sudo nvram -d bluetoothHostControllerSwitchBehavior

2- Switch BT adapter with the Bluetooth Explorer utility, steps explained in https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-Setup-a-Bluetooth-Dongle-on-a-Macbook-Pro/
Basically open the Bluetooth Explorer, press Command-K and select the adapter you want. This won't resist a reboot.

Sometimes, and it worked for me most of the time I did this:
- Unplug the BT dongle if it's plugged
- Turn off BT
- Plug the dongle
- Turn on BT

most of the time, it's the external BT adapter that is now used...

1.) Please adopt and implement SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Nvidia.aml. Start with a minimal SSDT, e.g. just for HDEF. Once that works, try to add GPU and HDAU.. Once that works add further PCI devices.. Note that the entire SSDT would fail, in case there is some error in one of the individual PCI device implementations. Thus, a stepwise SSDT implementation is deemed necessary.

2.) Are you sure that you implemented the correct config.plist code snippet for renaming and reordering all threads of your i9-7940X? Something goes wrong at this place..

I succeeded in fixing both issues now. First, it really is essential to build the SSDT step by step and not just copypasta the entire AML file like I did :oops: Now, PCI devices are listed correctly.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 12.31.51.png

Second, I edited the config.plist with the 7940x snippet again, and the problem was gone. Maybe I indeed clicked on the wrong link, like for the 7960x maybe. Now the threads are listed in order.

Screen Shot 2018-09-03 at 12.33.54.png

Also, I originally disabled both onboard X299 Ethernet adapters in BIOS because I don't need them. However, it is mandatory to enable at least one of them (and confirm in ifconfig that its name is en0), otherwise I went back and re-enabled the first one (and confirmed in ifconfig that its name is en0), since purchased apps from the App Store wouldn't launch (verification error).

Thanks again for your help! :thumbup:

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
What about your onboard LAN port.. Is it disabled?

Why do you use the Small-Tree P2EI0G-2T PCI Device Implementation with 2x 10 GB ports, if you employ an Aquantia 10 GB NIC with 1x 10 GB port?

Did you release the the TB-SSDT fails to load on your system?

Attached my guess SSDT for your current system configuration..

My Lan ports, wireless and bluetooth are disabled. I have the Intel X540-T1 (only one LAN port), My Aquantia is on my Z370 system.

Attached is my DSDT, config.plist, the two AML files I'm currently using: my failed adapted SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega_slot5.aml and the new SSDT-DTPG.aml. Thunderbolt seems to be working......anything else you need? Sorry I didn't reply earlier - on the west coast here in the US, it's pretty early, but it's much later where you are.....

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    35.4 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back