Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thunderbolt SSDT is finished in my opinion. I once integrated the complete iMacPro TB-SSDT with all external methods into the DSDT. It changed nothing. It can not be federated via SSDT as if it were a real Mac. This would require changing the EFI-ROM of the controller with the specific entries from the Mac-ROM.

You cannot add all required TB properties via DSM and SSDT.. I even completed all possible TB properties which can be added via SSDT. The result is SSDT-9-minimal-hotplug-injector.aml attached to my guide.. the rest might require at least some kext injection..

Thus, many TB properties are still missing especially in case of NHI0.. and especially the entire TB local node is missing, including the respective Apple TB kexts and TB BUS drivers..

I guess the implementation of the complete SSDT-9.aml is the only way to achieve a fully working iMac Pro TB environment, although you might be right that this might require changing the EFI-ROM of the controller with the specific entries from the Mac-ROM, which seems pretty impossible..

Thus, you think that our current attempts have been ill-posed from the very beginning?

I guess the implementation of the complete SSDT-9.aml is the only way to achieve a fully working iMac Pro TB environment …

I had already completely implemented that. Including all missing entries in the DSDT to which many external methods in the SSDT refer. It does not change anything.
There is still a lot missing. Such as "IP over Thunderbolt", there are no assigned fixed IP addresses per port, etc. The reduction is based on the EFI-ROM.

I had already completely implemented that. Including all missing entries in the DSDT to which many external methods in the SSDT refer. It does not change anything.
There is still a lot missing. Such as "IP over Thunderbolt", there are no assigned fixed IP addresses per port, etc. The reduction is based on the EFI-ROM.

Exactly.. I reached similar conclusions and results during my different extensive attempts.. But as you know.. hope dies last.. ;)

@kgp
A theoretical possibility:
Extract the relevant "blabla.ffs" from the original ROM from the Mac (via UEFITool), convert to "blabla-64.efi" and integrate via Clover. One could talk about it with the "OZMOSIS" people who understand more of the BIOS ...

Reactions: kgp
@kgp
A theoretical possibility:
Extract the relevant "blabla.ffs" from the original ROM from the Mac (via UEFITool), convert to "blabla-64.efi" and integrate via Clover. One could talk about it with the "OZMOSIS" people who understand more of the BIOS ...

Well.. I guess you share better contact with the "OZMOSIS" guys.. in particular there is even one guy from the German forum, who seems deeply involved in the TB hackintosh development and you might have good contacts with..

Could you try to push something towards this direction?

Give me a hint, and I'll push that ... ;)

Titan Ridge Gigabyte PCI card is here
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GBZL93X/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
Same as Alpine Ridge.

Looking at that Amazon web site product "Customer Questions and Answers", most, if not all, of those are still referring to the Alpine Ridge card version, not the Titan Ridge card version.
I would have thought that the motherboard TB connector was only required for pass-through video via TB function.
However, the user comments on Amazon seem to indicate that for any of the card ports to function at all, the motherboard TB cable must be connected to the card. And that the exact TB connection cable can vary among various different motherboard brands.

Give me a hint, and I'll push that ... ;)

In fact I was thinking on @Mork_vom_Ork, who apparently even recently also joined this forum... :lol:;)

If he would be willing to join our endeavour, I could open a parallel SSDT-9.aml TB thread here on TM, where we can start from scratch and exchange constructive ideas and results in any direction..

However, he did in fact a weird display@0 to GFX@0 replacement, which was the initial point of the entire current discussion..

@apfelnico
@kgp

Thanks for your suggestions and code.

It might sound weird trying to rename that but I was following advice (and my experience with whatevergreen) from this thread/post https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-support-hevc-hw.240353/page-25#post-1781588
Which applies also to vega (at least in my case it does work, unless whatevergreen does some other magic. On hack imacs this renaming of igpu and dgpu is a must for proper fcpx/metal encoding/decoding, I assumed it would be the same for Vegas). Shuhung seems to really understand this compared to me.

I was indeed planing on using kgps vega64 and adjust to vega56. As I dont have advanced knowledge like you two that would be the easiest path. With the code apfelnico supplied hopefully that will work out.

I did save all your advices and code for later. So far I can manage with whatevergreen which does rename to GFX0 (see screenshot) and finally HEVC/h264 acceleration works alas with only one screen without freezes and in spare time work on implementation.

Thanks for incredible help you give to community to both of you

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 18.16.49.png
    Screen Shot 2018-08-29 at 18.16.49.png
    46.8 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
Hey friends, just bumping for some help with Premiere Pro CC2018 and the X299 Hackintosh (in signature).

The system basically freezes during export to ProRes or other codecs (incl. H264).

I can move the mouse, but have to hard reboot since it's a complete stall.

Is there any logs I should look out for? Any help appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back