Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ kgp:
Your "personal details" and "build signature" sections still list "Graphics: GTX 1080 TI-X".
Didn't you switch to: now using an AMD video card?

Thanks for the reminder :lol:;)..

If you do get these antennas (theres others but this one was Gigabyte so I went with it) make sure the antenna cables don't touch other cables or are near other cables like USB3.0 or power cables in the rear.

Ok, I made a massive improvement to the quality of BT, and my BT headset works perfectly well now.

I played with the antennas, attempting to determine which one was used for BT.
The BCM943602CS has 3 connectors: J0, J1 and J2. J1 serves for 2.4GHz (both wifi and BT).
I connected the original antenna cable of the motherboard to the J1 connector, connecting the original 6dBi gain antenna to it. BT works great now, no interruption of any kind and distance isn't too bad either, it's perfectly fine over 5m away.

I'm guessing that with the wifi/bt card in the connector which has shielding and the super small antenna cable (less than 5cm long), also shielded (as within the metal enclosure) was enough to make it work.
When using the 30cm cables (to go from the wifi card to the OSXWifi plate with the antenna) introduced too much noise.

The motherboard only has two SMA connector though, so I still need to add another antenna, but that one is only for wifi anyway...

Concerning the Logic Pro multithreading topic:

If I understand correctly, the current BIOS 1401 as uploaded by @kgp is not patched, since this is not needed anymore with unlocked MSR registers.
What is needed is implementing the TSCAdjustReset.kext for the processor (in my case 7940x with 28 threads).

This should fix the multithreading issue in Logic Pro X, right?

Cause at the moment I'm using an RME interface which is renowned for its drivers and at 1024 samples of buffer size I'm getting a system overload warning when trying out the Logic File provided.

Could someone possibly provide some steps to troubleshoot this?

I have checked that SpeedShift is working correctly in accordance to Section E.1 of the guide.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
I got my Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 2 cursor to lag a lot, sometime a reboot fixes the issues but sometimes not. I don't think is a radio issue, 'cause in Win 10 everything works fine and sometime even on macOS and I tried with a Broadcom card (similar to OSXWiFi) and an USB adapter too and it's the same problem. Any hints??? Thanks.

Last edited:
I got my Magic Mouse 2 and Magic Trackpad 2 cursor to lag a lot, sometime a reboot fixes the issues but sometimes not. I don't think is a radio issue, 'cause in Win 10 everything works fine and sometime even on macOS and I tried with a Broadcom card (similar to OSXWiFi) and an USB adapter too and it's the same problem. Any hints??? Thanks.

Which issue and which problem?

@mm2margaret ,

I just realised that VGTab-en.app in fact also provides a "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" within VegaTab_64_data.txt, which can directly replace the "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" implemented in my SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml distribution.

Anybody is therefore able to easily adopt my SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml for reaching Vega64 properties of his/her choice..

No need for using any additional kext.

In consequence, I updated Section E.9.9.2 and also implemented and attached a Nitro+ Vega 64 air-flow optimised SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml to both of my X299 and to both of my X99 gudies (10.13.6 and 10.14)..

Cheers,

KGP

I wrote... it lags, freezes, shutters both Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad!

weird.. with my i9-7980Xe, OSXWIFI but else identical system configuration I do not witness any comparable issues.

See if any nearby device is causing interference. That is 2.4Ghz frequency related.

A home wireless phone, a wireless smartphone, thick non shielded usb 3.0 cables etc might cause interference.

It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t happen in Windows. I guess macos is more prone to these kinds of issues.

@mm2margaret ,

I just realised that VGTab-en.app in fact also provides a "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" within VegaTab_64_data.txt, which can directly replace the "PP_PhmSoftPowerPlayTable" implemented in my SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml distribution.

Anybody is therefore able to easily adopt my SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml for reaching Vega64 properties of his/her choice..

No need for using any additional kext.

In consequence, I updated Section E.9.9.2 and also implemented and attached a Nitro+ Vega 64 air-flow optimised SSDT-X299-iMacPro-Vega.aml to both of my X299 and to both of my X99 gudies (10.13.6 and 10.14)..

Cheers,

KGP

When I first posted, I should have noted that not only does it create a kext, but it also posts the Vega....txt file that you can use with your AML files.....my bad.....

BUT, the good news is that this utility, while a bit funky to use, it will allow you to fine tune your Vega performance and still use your AML files.....which is a very good thing!

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back