Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Impossible that this configuration works at all ..

it works :)

upload_2018-8-18_14-19-47.png

No kext should be required as it is plug and play. Did you disable the onboard wifi and bluetooth? I wonder if the bluetooth you're seeing is the onboard.

Well, I also thought it was plug and play. No, it's not the bluetooth onboard, because I made sure I disabled it.
My next step is to try some different slots, and after that to swap hardware (meaning swap the bluetooth/wireless card) with my Z370 to see if I've had a hardware failure, although that seems unlikely...

Last edited:
Hi @mm2margaret ,

Did you try to use the card in one of the x1 slots?

This might solve your WIFI issue..

Good luck,

KGP

Slot 5, the second to the last slot away from the CPU is a x1 slot, but I'll try another one (slot, I mean)......

Well, I also thought it was plug and play. No, it's not the bluetooth onboard, because I made sure I disabled it.
My next step is to try some different slots, and after that to swap hardware (meaning swap the bluetooth/wireless card) with my Z370 to see if I've had a hardware failure, although that seems unlikely...

Once more.. Did you try to use the card in one of the x1 slots?

Once more.. Did you try to use the card in one of the x1 slots?

Yes, it is in a x1 slot right now. BT works (probably because it's primarily USB based?), but Wireless does not.

I should note that my system is dual boot, so I booted into Windows and Windows no longer sees the Wireless either......usually Windows sees everything. That makes hardware failure seem to be more likely.....

Last edited:
Yes, it is in a x1 slot right now. BT works (probably because it's primarily USB based?), but Wireless does not.

I should note that my system is dual boot, so I booted into Windows and Windows no longer sees the Wireless either......usually Windows sees everything. That makes hardware failure seem to be more likely.....
Mine is also located in slot 5, WiFi worked oob.
Only PCI impl was a hazzle, but I can help you with that once your card is recognized again.
Did you once boot without card and then reseat it?

Only PCI impl was a hazzle, but I can help you with that once your card is recognized again.

Not yet....it's pretty early where I am, and I need some coffee before I start to go after this issue.....so that this -> :crazy: will, after coffee, be more like this -> :thumbup:

Not yet....it's pretty early where I am, and I need some coffee before I start to go after this issue.....so that this -> :crazy: will, after coffee, be more like this -> :thumbup:

So, I did try and re-seat it, and that didn't work, so I re-seated the chip on it as well, and then put it back in, and that worked. So, in moving it, I must have did some kind of static electricity shock to it, or something like that. The good news is that it's working!

Thanks to all......:thumbup:

So did you generate an AML file for yours? If so, why? If you did, care to share?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back