Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's wrong with the post #9896?

In fact I was referring to post #9893..

You implemented an IOREG screenshot of the resulting i9-7940X PRxx thread implementation, but you only referred to a directory for the respective code snippet.

Would you be so kind to add the i9-7940X code snippet directly in post #9893, thus later on I can directly refer to it within my guide in post 1?

Code:
Please implement code snippet this way..

thanks

Last edited:
@kgp
I replace my 1080ti for an RX580 to test final cut pro as my 1080 ti was having issues with that software. I installed the RX580, but its choppy and not recognized in about this mac. Please help!

@kgp
I replace my 1080ti for an RX580 to test final cut pro as my 1080 ti was having issues with that software. I installed the RX580, but its choppy and not recognized in about this mac. Please help!

If possible return and change to e.g. Nitro+ Vega 64

If possible return and change to e.g. Nitro+ Vega 64

I could do that, but first i need to see if it works with mentioned software. If it works, i will exchange it for the Nitro. I need to know how to make this one works and not conflicting with nvidia. Btw, thanks for replying.

Reactions: kgp
I have a Sapphire Radeon nitro+ RX580 SE works without any problem.
Loloflat6_RX580.png

I use those settings :

According to the settings and screen capabilities we must enable Baffin ( DP or Hdmi port) or Ellesmere seems more better allows user both DP or ThunderboltEX3 with USB_C.

So we know that AMD9500Controller.kext through AMDRadeonX4000.kext enable the Baffin or Ellesmere personality of the Polaris 11 line of graphics cards.
But to unlock more performance. Due to Baffin or Ellesmere GPU using no more than 16 computing units, the RX 580 is restricted at 16 CUs. The genius minds in the Mac community (okras and Fl0r!an) have found yet another workaround to enable all 36 computing units on the RX 580. This should give a nice boost in OpenCL performance.

What we need to do :
1. download this script: https://www.theitsage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/enable-baffin-CUs.sh_.zip
2. Terminal: chmod +x enable-baffin-CUs.sh
3. Terminal: for Ellesmere sudo ./enable-baffin-CUs.sh ellesmere 36 or just for Baffin sudo ./enable-baffin-CUs.sh baffin 36
4. Reboot.

In High Sierra 10.13.6 no Whatevergreen.kext just set this in config.plist :
Code:
    <key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>FBName</key>
        <string>Baffin</string>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>NvidiaSingle</key>
        <false/>
        <key>VideoPorts</key>
        <integer>5</integer>
    </dict>

For best stability with this guide use a Vega card. We’re trying to match a real iMac Pro...a few hundred bucks shouldn’t be a problem for a Vega. I’ve seen them as low as $450 for a Vega 64

In fact I was referring to post #9893..

You implemented an IOREG screenshot of the resulting i9-7940X PRxx thread implementation, but you only referred to a directory for the respective code snippet.

Would you be so kind to add the i9-7940X code snippet directly in post #9893, thus later on I can directly refer to it within my guide in post 1?

Code:
Please implement code snippet this way..

thanks
Please take a look at the post #9896 - it already has exactly what you're asking for 7940X, and the post right after it has the same for 7960X. I made them specifically by your request. You also mentioned that any references to automated replacements would be confusing for the users, so I'd rather let the post 9893 die in loneliness than promote it in any way.

Please take a look at the post #9896 - it already has exactly what you're asking for 7940X, and the post right after it has the same for 7960X. I made them specifically by your request. You also mentioned that any references to automated replacements would be confusing for the users, so I'd rather let the post 9893 die in loneliness than promote it in any way.

Oh I see.. Perfect, man! Many thanks!

About your CPxx -> PRxx code: I mean.. I really appreciate your work, but I was missing the points I subsequently proposed to implement. However, to implement the procedure, which I proposed subsequently, might be a lot of work, whereas on the other side everything can be done within a simple copy & paste of the CPxx -> PRxx thread replacements to the config.plist in use by means of some text editor.If you really think that it would be worth to commit all the effort, you are of course free to develop such code, which does this automatically. But of course, such code should not do anything else..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back