Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terminal commands are terminal commands and have nothing to do with Clover Configurator...

I don't know any tutorials for Clover Configurator.. Learn by doing..

Roger that. Thank you.

I saw in the config.plist there's a trim enable entry that says "Disabled". Can I change it to 'Enabled" to get the TRIM working?

I also intend to get a new graphics end of the year, maybe a 1080Ti or a Vega 64, are they drop in compatible? Or do I need some kexts before changing graphics?

Thank you very much again. :)

Roger that. Thank you.

I saw in the config.plist there's a trim enable entry that says "Disabled". Can I change it to 'Enabled" to get the TRIM working?

I also intend to get a new graphics end of the year, maybe a 1080Ti or a Vega 64, are they drop in compatible? Or do I need some kexts before changing graphics?

Thank you very much again. :)

Just uncheck if disabled..

I would definitely go for a Vega64 which is natively implemented.. remaining errors are fixed by means of my SDDT or by means of VegaGrpahicsfixup.kext in case of 5K monitors..

Just uncheck if disabled..

I would definitely go for a Vega64 which is natively implemented.. remaining errors are fixed by means of my SDDT or by means of VegaGrpahicsfixup.kext in case of 5K monitors..

I am thinking of using text editor to change from "Disabled" to "Enabled" :D

Thanks for the advice. So Vega 64 it is!:thumbup:

So, I don't want to go too off topic, but one more thought ss it relates to the Synology "clone", @pastrychef has discussed his (yes, he's built one) over on the 10G Ethernet thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/high-sierra-native-support-for-10gb-ethernet.239690/, discussion starts around Post #100. The speed you get relates to what you put into your "clone", the motherboard and processor, the speed of the drives, the Ethernet card you use, etc. He has several threads on this board and is pretty responsive, so perhaps you can dialogue with him.

And also, thanks for sharing your 7940x EFI! Greatly appreciated!

Hey, @4min, in reviewing your EFI for the 7940x, am I correct that when you changed PR0-PR27 core values, you did that in config.plist?

Hey, @4min, in reviewing your EFI for the 7940x, am I correct that when you changed PR0-PR27 core values, you did that in config.plist?

Yes.. simple ACPI replacements.. 56 in total ;)

Yes.. simple ACPI replacements.. 56 in total ;)

Okay, I hate to show my ignorance, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't fully understand how you get those numbers. First of all, do you need to boot the system with those entries that relate to the cpu assignments in config.plist turned off, then search the values in IOReg?

And secondly, based on your very first post, here's an example I don't understand:

Comment: Find*[Hex] Replace [Hex]
CP00 -> PR00 43503030 50523030

Based on the jpg posted, where does those numbers come from? The graphic you post is AFTER implementing the new values, isn't it? How do you determine where 43503030 comes from? How is it derived? And where does the 50523030 come from? How is it derived? I see some cryptic hex numbers, but nothing that would relate to 43503030 or 50523030. What am I missing?

My apologies for my not understanding......

Hi guys, when I wake my computer from sleep I notice that every USB device connected has been ejected then reconnected.
If I connect my iPad to any rear USB 2/3 port it charges nicely at 2.1A and continues to do so during sleep, which is great.
However when I wake from sleep, I can see in IOReg all USB devices were disconnected.

I have read somewhere to disable XMP, I have tried that with no luck.
I have also tried with and without KGP's USB kext, no luck either.
I have tried various darkwake values with no luck

When I connect a USB HDD or USB flash drive to the iMac Pro, there is no disconnection after sleep.

Does anyone have any solution? I've been experimenting and just can't figure it out.
Does anyone experience this too?

Hi @TheOfficialGypsy,
did you find a solution for this problem meanwhile?

Testing a lot here but still no luck.
Found your rather old posting...

Okay, I hate to show my ignorance, but I'm not a programmer, so I don't fully understand how you get those numbers. First of all, do you need to boot the system with those entries that relate to the cpu assignments in config.plist turned off, then search the values in IOReg?

And secondly, based on your very first post, here's an example I don't understand:

Comment: Find*[Hex] Replace [Hex]
CP00 -> PR00 43503030 50523030

Based on the jpg posted, where does those numbers come from? The graphic you post is AFTER implementing the new values, isn't it? How do you determine where 43503030 comes from? How is it derived? And where does the 50523030 come from? How is it derived? I see some cryptic hex numbers, but nothing that would relate to 43503030 or 50523030. What am I missing?

My apologies for my not understanding......

43503030 is simply the Hex equivalent of Text CP00 (find) and 50523030 is simply the Hex equivalent of Text PR00 (replace)

In Clover Configurator you find a Text to Hex converter:

Screen Shot 2018-08-14 at 21.10.55.png

Well, now...

All you do is inspecting your initial IOREG CPxx thread distribution

With the ACPI replacement you will assign CPxx@0 to PR00, CPxx@1 to PR01, etc..

All CPxx@y must be assigned at first place, as populated.. "y" stays for the populated thread number and ranges for a 10 core CPU from 0 to 19..

Then you assign all remaining unpopulated CPxx again in chronological order to PRzz.. where zz strictly chronologically ranges from 00 to 55..

That's all ..Clear enough? ;)

Last edited:
43503030 is simply the Hex equivalent of Text CP00 (find) and 50523030 is simply the Hex equivalent of Text PR00 (replace)

In Clover Configurator you find a Text to Hex converter:

View attachment 346241

Well, now...

All you do is inspecting your initial IOREG CPxx thread distribution

With the ACPI replacement you will assign CPxx@0 to PR00, CPxx@1 to PR01, etc..

All CPxx@y must be assigned at first place, as populated.. "y" stays for the populated thread number and ranges for a 10 core CPU from 0 to 19..

Then you assign all remaining unpopulated CPxx again in chronological order to PRzz.. where zz strictly chronologically ranges from 00 to 55..

That's all ..Clear enough? ;)

As usual, you are the star.....:headbang:.......Thanks so much!

Reactions: kgp
FYI: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB SSD (+ Asus x299 Deluxe) benchmark results:

Samsung 970 Pro 1TB.png

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back