Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was leaked in the last couple of hours?

WWDC '18 is in a couple of days and it seems that there's a Dark Mode overall for the next macOS 10.14 (Most likely named Mojave).

Someone found the video in the Mac App Store API under Xcode.

That's normal... 10.13.4 is not longer available. I still have to implement the new 10.13.5 links, which will be part of my next guide update.

Let's see if I can implement the new links right now. Give me a couple of minutes
I only pointed that because as it is, anyone attempting to follow the guide today and trying to install macos won't be able to.

Yep, I always put the latest apfs.efi file in before I run an update. That's about the only thing I do.

You have to select the newly created partition from Clover "Install....." It usually does one reboot then you're back in.

You can disconnect the other SSDs if you have other macOS installs.

I only keep 1 macOS install active and disconnect the "clone" SSD because I don't want conflicts and it being mounted and being powered on for no reason. I open the side panel and connect it back if I ever need to "restore" or "backup" to the clone SSD.

Yeah, I removed all ssd, played with my backup usb install which has an older EFI folder. Never managed to past the error after the reboot.
So once again I formatted the ssd, reinstall 10.13.3 as that's the installer I have, updated to 13.13.5 and now I'm restoring the backup.
Gonna be painful if whenever I want to update I have to redo that :(

Updates are not supposed to be that hard especially when you have a "vanilla" Hackintosh.

It's always been straightforward for me over the years.

10.13.5 Guide Update started
  • Update of Section D.)
  • Update of Section D.2)
- Now: macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77) Installer Package Creation (including new links and manual procedure)
- Update of automated macOS High Sierra 10.13.5 (17F77) Installer Package Creation procedure "createInstaller.sh" (once more attached here below)
Screen Shot 2018-06-03 at 01.00.20.png

• Update of Sections D.3 to D.6

You will be advised, once the guide update is complete.

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• createInstaller.sh.zip
    1.6 KB · Views: 147
I only pointed that because as it is, anyone attempting to follow the guide today and trying to install macos won't be able to.

mission completed :thumbup:.. thanks for the advise

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to clarify, are you saying that I should wait 48 hours for your next update before trying to install using 10.13.5?

I have been sitting on this hardware since January so I can wait a bit longer if it means that things will go smoother. :)

What was leaked in the last couple of hours?

1.) You can start completing your profile or signature with your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) in concordance with the board rules.
2.) Having in mind that the guide actually still refers to 10.13.4 SU but we are already dealing with 10.13.5, you can also immediately start with the installation, if you want to do so. All necessary links for creating the 10.13.5 installer package are already up and working. The EFI-Folder also already fully complies all 10.13.5 requirements.
3.) I don't know which GPU you are employing. Note that up to my knowledge until now no official Nvidia Web Driver has been released for 10.13.5. Thus, if you employ a Nvidia GPU, you are currently forced to patch and use web driver 107 for 10.13.4 SU.
4.) I guess you did not properly read post #8166.. ;) Otherwise you would also see the funny part of your last question :p..

Time for me to close my chirringuito :lol:.. Again 1:30 am here in Berlin... :rolleyes:

Good night to everybody sharing the same time zone,

KGP

Yeah I saw others said the same.

Apple must be refining things under the hood for the eGPU support introduced in 10.13.4.

My fan runs around 640RPM on idle.

I just did a check on mine in 10.13.5 --- At idle, I am at 40% fan speed which gives 2001 RPM. Hopefully there will be a fix for 10.13.5 soon.

Grrrrrr once again update to 10.13.5 just doesn't work.
After it reboots I get an error that the installer resources couldn't be found.....

This time however, my disk has no error (unlike last time)
I had the same issue, just went round a couple of times rebooting and reapplying the update, eventually just starting with -v fixed it.

I just did a check on mine in 10.13.5 --- At idle, I am at 40% fan speed which gives 2001 RPM. Hopefully there will be a fix for 10.13.5 soon.

If you have something like Chrome open (which has hardware acceleration enabled) the fans will kick up a bit. Try restarting and having no apps open and it will be at 600 ish RPM.

It seems that .5 has some GPU changes level changes.

I was getting 600RPM even with something like Chrome open which was just idling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back