Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp are there any improvements to TB3 with the Alpine Ridge with these revised SSDTs?

@kgp are there any improvements to TB3 with the Alpine Ridge with these revised SSDTs?

This is exactly what I would like to know from you and all others ;)..

See post #4852!

I guess that's the most explicit example for SSDT editing you can find on Web.. ;):lol:

Sometimes I would wish that people also read my guide. I don't know what for I am writing up all that stuff if nobody reads it finally ;) ..

Good luck,

KGP
@kgp, sorry but this is the simplest example but from which you can not draw a conclusion .. why do not you try to explain how to implement HDEF ... thank you

@kgp, sorry but this is the simplest example but from which you can not draw a conclusion .. why do not you try to explain how to implement HDEF ... thank you

because it is exactly the same approach...

BTW... What do you mean by that it is the simplest example and one cannot draw any conclusions from it?

It might be the simplest example for you just because it is explained. And if it is that simple, why can't you draw any conclusions from it?

because it is exactly the same approach...

BTW... What do you mean by that it is the simplest example and one cannot draw any conclusions from it?

It might be the simplest example for you just because it is explained. And if it is that simple, why can't you draw any conclusions from it?
good ... at least I can not draw a conclusion ... if you are a good man and you want to explain how to implement HDEF ... I tried many variants and I did not succeed ... thank you

good ... at least I can not draw a conclusion ... if you are a good man and you want to explain how to implement HDEF ... I tried many variants and I did not succeed ... thank you

Sorry, but I won't do that... One would just gain nothing by this and it would be a tremendous additional effort.

It is exactly the same approach like in case of the OSXWIFI implementation, which is already explained up to the most tiny detail.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 07.14.33.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 07.16.52.png

This is exactly what I would like to know from you and all others ;)..

It's not quite right - the Thunderbolt controller shows up fine under PCI in system devices, but the SSDT isn't getting to the USB-C on the card. I've attached the relevant section of my IOReg for reference. Hopefully I will have some time to fiddle with this tonight, but I'm not quite sure what I should be doing with the pci-bridge beyond declaring a new Device and giving it a name.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 15.39.02.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 15.39.02.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 120
  • Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 15.44.31.png
    Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 15.44.31.png
    481.3 KB · Views: 108
It's not quite right - the Thunderbolt controller shows up fine under PCI in system devices, but the SSDT isn't getting to the USB-C on the card. I've attached the relevant section of my IOReg for reference. Hopefully I will have some time to fiddle with this tonight, but I'm not quite sure what I should be doing with the pci-bridge beyond declaring a new Device and giving it a name.

Something is at odd with your system..

USB-C should be implemented properly but under DSB2! However, in my case there is still an undefined AHCI bride in DSB1 (TB) when using the LaCie 4TB Thunderbolt HDD.

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 07.54.03.png

Screen Shot 2018-06-01 at 07.56.01.png

Well that's upsetting! My DSB2 is empty (it just contains IOPP). I'll review my BIOS settings and see if there are any differences with your original settings.

Well that's upsetting! My DSB2 is empty (it just contains IOPP). I'll review my BIOS settings and see if there are any differences with your original settings.

Seems rather that you did not properly adopt the new TB-SSDT to your system...

If you find a solution for the yet undefined TB PCI Bridge in DSB1 or DSB4, totally fine with me.. However DSB2 and XHC5 should be save..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back