Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The OSXWifi PCIe adaptor works fully native and perfectly fine with the rechargeable (Lightning to USB cable) Apple Magic Wireless Keyboard MLA22LL.

Full Sleep/Wake-, Clover- and BIOS functionality. Automatic keyboard detection by OSX like on a real Mac.

Cheers,

KGP

Yep, I have this card but I don't use it. It supports native "HID Proxy" feature which allows BT devices like keyboards to load without drivers, which allow it be used in BIOS, etc.

I'm going to take a look and see if there is a way to enable this feature, if it exists, on this Broadcom NGFF card. It does allow Firmware uploads, so there might be something here....

It's interesting because this Broadcom card is not that old (I think its from 2015) and it came in a lot of Dell devices like laptops.

Sleeping causes more issues than just problem with the wireless keyboard. You can see that the card isn't put back in a working state. When you go into the BT preferences, it says your machine is now discoverable. But that's no longer true. Using another machine no longer displays the Hack in the list of available device.
Only rebooting under Windows fixes it.

Ill see if the OSXWIFI card fixes this problem. Seems like a driver issue to me

If I stop using this keyboard and lets say only have a headphone connected to BT, sleep works perfectly fine for me.

That is really weird what you're experiencing as I have the same card and I am not 100% sure if it has anything to do with your ASRock mobo.

But give OSXWifi a try (it's a little pricey) but I think it's less headaches, although I love a challenge.

I'm going to see if I can enable "HID Proxy" on this BT device by googling around....and if there is any firmware update available, I will post here.

thank you again @Loloflatsix

I still have some bugs :

when system wake from sleep I have all my usb2 & 3 devices ejected

my 31MU97 display works fine with HDMI but stays off and black when I try Display port (I have a DP/mini DP cable, I placed the DP in my GPU and the mini DP in the screen)

Any ideas ?

I’m assembling a very similar computer to that kgp explains on the first post of this thread. The only differences are:

Corsaire Vengeance LPX DDR4 2666 MHz 128 GB [CMK128GX4M8A2666C16] instead of Tridentz DDR-4 3200 Mhz 128 GB [F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZSW];

2 x Samsung 960 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB [MZ-V6P1T0BW] instead of 2 x Samsung 960 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB [MZ-V6E1T0BW];

NVIDIA (PNY) Quadro P4000 instead of AORUS GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Xtreme Edition 11G.

I think the first two differences are negligible.

For now I’m trying to setup the BIOS configuration: all changes went OK, except “Launch CSM: Disabled”. With this option the BIOS don’t recognize the VGA and beeps three times with no image on monitor. Is this option mandatory for a successful macOS High Sierra installation? Thank you!

7.) To avoid Skylake-X thread TSC desynchronisation errors during boot and wake from S3, likely induced by yet erroneous Skylake-X BIOS microcode implementations, we need to use TSCAdjustReset.kext provided by @interferenc in the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ directory of both USB Flash Drive and System Disk.

d.) Note that the adequate IOCPUNumber for your particular Skylake-X processor is the number of its threads -1, by always keeping in mind that the number of it's threads is always 2x the number of it's cores.

and the IOCPUNumber for the 18-core i9-7980XE would result in 35 (36 threads -1).

e.) After adopting the IOCPUNumber for your particular Skylake-X processor, save the info.plist file and copy the modified TSCAdjustRest.kext to the /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/ - directories of both USB Flash Drive Installer and System Disk and you are save and all done!

13.) All Gigabite mainboard users need to add the "npci=0x2000" boot flag to their config.plist by checking the latter in Section "Boot" of Clover Configurator under "Arguments".

Can't even get past the boot up stage....

Attachments

• IMG_8384.JPG
    IMG_8384.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_6161.JPG
    IMG_6161.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_5838.JPG
    IMG_5838.JPG
    5.8 MB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4872.JPG
    IMG_4872.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 99
  • preboot.pdf
    47.7 KB · Views: 124
@alojk, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard (Mobo), CPU and iGPU or Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

thank you again @Loloflatsix

I still have some bugs :

when system wake from sleep I have all my usb2 & 3 devices ejected

my 31MU97 display works fine with HDMI but stays off and black when I try Display port (I have a DP/mini DP cable, I placed the DP in my GPU and the mini DP in the screen)

Any ideas ?

For USB you must perform SSDT for USBinjectall kext provides by RehabMan :
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-usb-power-property-injection-for-sierra-and-later.222266/

For display port :
NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext-v.1.2.5.zip or built Xcode Vega5KFixupkext by Rulebreaker01 https://github.com/Rulebreaker01/Vega5KFixup

Last edited:
Can't even get past the boot up stage....

For my Gigabyte mobo I used both :
- OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi)
- AptioMemoryFix.efi
( Unable to boot without - why I don't know )

For my Gigabyte mobo I used both :
- OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi (or OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi)
- AptioMemoryFix.efi
( Unable to boot without - why I don't know )

Just finished trying your method, didn't work, also tried to voodoTSCsync kext generator tool, that failed too. The problem is something small, i'm just not sure what the issue is since everyone has theirs working just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back