Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have any idea why this keeps occurring ?

Running in verbose with only ncpi=0x2000 and the AptioFix and TSCAdjustReset kext installed and set at 35, I end up with

“Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 1, 6, 8, 13”

“using 16304 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers“

When running with only the ncpi=0x2000 bootflag, the Apple logo loads, but once it gets to 100%, it just seems to freeze or get stuck and does nothing after 20 minutes.

And this is using the exact same folder that @kgp Supplied in the guide, unchanged with the exceptions that I mentioned aforementioned. Even tried DSM2 efi folder on page 625.

CPU i9 7980xe
Mobo Gigabyte Designare x299
GPU MSI Gtx 1080ti
Have you followed the guide in regards to the BIOS settings?
With the Designare, you *must* disable CSM in the BIOS boot section. It will not boot macos otherwise.

Have you followed the guide in regards to the BIOS settings?
With the Designare, you *must* disable CSM in the BIOS boot section. It will not boot macos otherwise.
made sure i did that, like i said, i followed the guide. went over it more than once to make sure i wasnt skippin somethin.

Anyone have any idea why this keeps occurring ?

Running in verbose with only ncpi=0x2000 and the AptioFix and TSCAdjustReset kext installed and set at 35, I end up with

“Unsynchronized TSC for cpu 1, 6, 8, 13”

“using 16304 buffer headers and 10240 cluster IO buffer headers“

When running with only the ncpi=0x2000 bootflag, the Apple logo loads, but once it gets to 100%, it just seems to freeze or get stuck and does nothing after 20 minutes.

And this is using the exact same folder that @kgp Supplied in the guide, unchanged with the exceptions that I mentioned aforementioned. Even tried @DSM2 efi folder on page 625.

CPU i9 7980xe
Mobo Gigabyte Designare x299
GPU MSI Gtx 1080ti
Hi Ho

wondering if TSCAdjustReset is really loading.
can you have a look at clovers log file?

All the Best
Frank

Hopefully your IOCPUNumber was correct since I also own a 7900x because I could find how to modify the file with my Sierra only OS.
Moin Herbert

I had set the CPU number to your needs (9). Thus you should be fine ;)
Good to see you got it running.
Hint for the post installation steps:
I followed @kgp advise and used an external HD and carbon copy cloner to create after each successful step a bootable copy.
(don't forget to copy the EFI as well)
With this you don't have to worry that you break some thing. same is valid for updates.

All the Best
Frank

Hi Ho

wondering if TSCAdjustReset is really loading.
can you have a look at clovers log file?

All the Best
Frank
i have no idea how to view the clover log files. in the Configurator, when i put the usb installer in, so i can modify the config file, i always click the boot log button and it keeps tellin me to install thew efi bootloader, which i have done several times on the usb drive

To have sleep working on the ASRock, I had to change the _PWR method for the XHCI ACPI device.
Looking at your gigabyte DSDT one, what value is that method returning for this device?
All other USB devices resume well, just not the BT one. Very weird.

Sleep works fine here, although I never use it. It does "sleep" slower though compared to a real Mac, but sleeping works and upon wakeup all devices mount fine (including hard drives and bluetooth).

Sleep works fine here, although I never use it. It does "sleep" slower though compared to a real Mac, but sleeping works and upon wakeup all devices mount fine (including hard drives and bluetooth).
Yes, hence why I'd like to know what gigabyte is doing any different in regards to power management. This will be in the DSDT

i have no idea how to view the clover log files. in the Configurator, when i put the usb installer in, so i can modify the config file, i always click the boot log button and it keeps tellin me to install thew efi bootloader, which i have done several times on the usb drive
Hi Ho

when you boot your machine with the USB stick, as soon as it enters the clover screen you can press F1 which will tell you the function keys you have available and their function. If I recall it right, F2 is for savin the the logfile.
After you have saved the logfile, you can go back to your other machine, mount the efi partition and you will finde in clover/misc... the logfile.
There pretty much at the end you can see which kexts have been loaded and if they have given any errors

All teh best
Frank

Hi,
I need help with my rig :(. I have several issues with USB, PCI Implementation and Power Management. Simply play a web video freezes the computer.
I´d followed this guide step by step but the IOREG assumes PCI Slot configuration diferent from other people in this thread and when I try to compile the DSDT.aml respond with errors. I am doing something wrong.:(

thanks in advance

Attachments

• SLOT-DISTRIBUTION.png
    SLOT-DISTRIBUTION.png
    122.7 KB · Views: 119
  • SR_LHN-PCI.png
    SR_LHN-PCI.png
    142.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
So I have been doing some testing regarding WOL and the Asus X299 Prime Deluxe.
From what I've tested, using IntelMasuiEthernet 2.4.0, WOL with the i219 works when sending magic packet from iPhone app.
WOL is only enabled in Bios for the i211 as the WOL setting for i219 simply displays N/A.
Also in the Bios the option for "Power On By PCI-E/PCI" is enabled.

However I have noted that with WOL enabled along with PowerNap, the system goes to sleep for a few minutes and then wakes up shortly after, almost as if a magic packet was being sent to it.

When I make the i219 card inactive in system preferences then this issue no longer occurs.

Which adapter do you guys use? Does anyone use both?

Should IntelMasuiEthernet and SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE be installed in the 'Kexts/Other' EFI folder or in S/L/E or L/E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back