Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you look at a real mac pro ioreg PCIHotplugCapable is set to 0x0 only on the DSB0 and DSB2 device. So I'm not sure having the value set to 0x1 is compulsory. Seems that only have the key is required.

You can add that key to DSB1 and DSB4 too and see how you go...

(I'm fairly convinced hotplug works for other reasons than what most believe, as we're far from universal success with this: it only works for some)
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Maybe it has to do with the device itself?

Hey @perfecto245,

I'm about to update to 10.13.4, so your input regarding the Nvidia drivers is greatly appreciated.

We have almost the exact same system. I've never been able to get sleep/wake to work but I haven't implemented an SSDT. The difference in our system is the graphics card (I have a 1070 Ti) but I'm wondering if there are differences in our setup.

Have you implemented an SSDT? If so, would you be open to sharing it with me?

I'm trying to run a lean a system as possible. The following are the only kexts I have installed:
AppleALC (1.2.4)
FakeSMC (6.26.1463, with sensors included as plugins)
IntelMausiEthernet (2.3.0)
Lilu (1.2.2)
TSCAdjustReset (from @interfernc, I'm running the new BIOS - 1301 and use it to unlock the MSR register)

Any insight you have would be extremely welcome.

Hey nnorris7, thanks. Basically I had to remove all the extra entries that were not part of my board from the SSDT along with adding the basic device id and compatable adjustments for HDEF HDAU and GFX0

I'm attaching my SSDT here, you will find 2 both need to be in the ACPI patched folder in your EFI, you might need to adjust your device id, compatible information for your graphics card and HDAU which is the HDMI audio port as I doubt they will be similar. make sure all the ACPI patches are turned on in your clover configurator except the ARPT one unless you are using the recommended wifi card that kgp has used in his guide. Those Graphics and HDAU settings can be found with the help of Ioregistryexplorer by typing in Display. Click on BRA2A (for the HDAU) and GFX0 for the graphics card.

you may not need to change the implemented HDEF settings since we have the same board.

all necessary software can be found at the bottom of kgs's awesome guide. plus some basics of how to find and make the change to the SSDT in one of kgp's post here #4852

Also Sleep/Wake use to work for me right of the bat before the SSDT, make sure you've covered all of kgp's steps.

Even though the NvidiaGraphicsFixup is obsolete, some how it makes some small resolution issues and things go away for me with my card so Ive left that in there. (1.2.3 version)

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Asus X299 Prime -A SSDT.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
Many thanks KGP for brilliant guide. I hope we will meet soon and drink something for freedom.

I used Asus x299 Mobo with 1301 bios

7920x 4.6 ghz stabile

The hack is working perfectly.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 18.26.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-02 at 18.26.png
    283.2 KB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Does the new updated EFI folder contain an SMbios with the trust button enabled?

If it's a Gigabyte motherboard you have, then no, you haven't followed the guide closely enough :)
You need to have npci=0x2000 added to the arg boot. That detail is easy to miss as the mention of this boot flag isn't with the rest of the GB instructions.

Thanks for your help, but as you can see from the signature it is a ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming K6 mobo.

OZ

So I have the following annoyance, it's not too big of a deal, but it is annoying nonetheless: when I cold boot the macOS drive, the screen hangs just before switching over to user login page (it reminds me of scenario with an Nvidia GPU that happens before you would apply an AGDP fix). Every time it happens, I have to manually restart the computer. Once I do that it works fine regardless of how many times I'd restart it afterwards. I'm running a single 1080p screen via DP cable.

I'm not sure if it's GPU related or not. Since it's doesn't get stuck during booting/loading process, but after that, there is no error code or message to reference the cause. Anything like that ever happened to you while you were using your Designare?

Does anyone have issues with USB drives (when they go idle/sleep) and if you try to wake it after a day, the drive becomes "not writeable" until you eject (sometimes force eject) and remount?

Does anyone have issues with USB drives (when they go idle/sleep) and if you try to wake it after a day, the drive becomes "not writeable" until you eject (sometimes force eject) and remount?

I had before sometimes this issue too after wake : when an USB was inserted I've got an error message at wake

But I have created my own SSDT for USBinjectall.kext

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

and now this issue is gone , the other point , it resolved also sleep issue with WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD PCI.

I had before sometimes this issue too after wake : when an USB was inserted I've got an error message at wake

But I have created my own SSDT for USBinjectall.kext https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/ and now this issue is gone , the other point , it resolved also sleep issue with WIFI Broadcom BCM94360CD PCI.

Yeah I was using SSDT and USBinjectall but now i removed both and am using X299USB.kext which is cleaner to me.

The thing is I never sleep the system, but the drive I allow to sleep.

I guess I will look at it again.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back