Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure.. does not have any effect.. I think it is not a problem related to clover.

The entire boot process is affected. Splash screen, Apple logo + progress bar and boot message in verbose boot. Everything with strongly reduced VGA like screen resolution.

As soon I reach login screen of Windows 10 and MacOS everything gets properly set.

No issues with Nvidia GPU with identical clover boot menu settings.

It seems to be an AMD issue. I would highly advise emailing AMD tech support and submit a ticket. Maybe they can release a vBIOS update in the future to fix this.

[email protected]

For me, it's always been the opposite. Even on my 1440p monitor, nVidia always stretched the splash screen/apple screen unless I enabled CSM.

Now with CSM disabled and Vega FE, no stretches.

But of course I'm not on a 4k monitor, I'll probably pull my hair out once I get a 4k monitor too :lol:

Can you update to F4c then reset the bios (it usually does when you update) and set up your settings along with the guide?

Sure, it's worth a shot. I'm in my "summer home" at the moment. I'll try again when I get back to Phoenix.

I just installed a iMac Pro system with a Vega Frontier for a client. I am not slagging off posters and hardware. This is not at all my intention. If you know a solution for the boot resolution issue, please go ahead and let me know about solutions.

The rest of your comments I simply try to ignore... in any case you are no one to tell me to stay away from my own thread...

Others are apparently allowed to permanently slag Nvidia GPUs.. But when I blame the Vegas, you blame on me, perfect.

Cheers,

KGP

LOL dudes! They're just video cars, not a religion. I like variety. It really sucked when no one made mac video cards.

LOL dudes! They're just video cars, not a religion. I like variety. It really sucked when no one made mac video cards.

For some people brands are a religion :D

I was hesitant to go with AMD, but I just went with what works best in my situation.

Extended major revision of the guide completed. Thanks for your patience!

Please carefully revise entire guide and attachments...

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Sure.. does not have any effect.. I think it is not a problem related to clover.

The entire boot process is affected. Splash screen, Apple logo + progress bar and boot message in verbose boot. Everything with strongly reduced VGA like screen resolution.

As soon I reach login screen of Windows 10 and MacOS everything gets properly set.

No issues with Nvidia GPU with identical clover boot menu settings.

Have you tried both, HDMI and DP? Any difference? When I use DP, I get reduced graphics during boot up, when I use HDMI, everything is fine. It annoyed me so much that I ended up with using HDMI only.

Have you tried both, HDMI and DP? Any difference? When I use DP, I get reduced graphics during boot up, when I use HDMI, everything is fine. It annoyed me so much that I ended up with using HDMI only.

Nope, only DP so far. Will give it a try as soon I find a HDMI cable.

Last edited:
Right on!

I would not agree with this statement. The SSDT creates the same environment like on the real iMac Pro. Some PCI device driver implementations are more crucial than others.

I would not agree with this statement. The SSDT creates the same environment like on the real iMac Pro. Some PCI device driver implementations are more crucial than others.

Also to add to this, SSDT is not useless and only cosmetic. Especially for USB ports.

For example, if properly set up with USB ports and power distribution, in my case, the Bluetooth module now drops no packets with Bluetooth headphones.

If I remove port distribution and power distribution, Bluetooth starts to drop packets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back