Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question, hopefully someone can give me some tips

I'm trying to change the device name of the 2nd ethernet port to 'ETH1'. The pathway is:

PCI0>RP03>SLT3>pci-bridge>ethernet

(full ioreg path PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP03@1C,2/IOPP/SLT3@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@3/IOPP/ethernet@0)

As a result I can't use a clover patch.

Anyone know how I reference that device in my SSDT? Or can point me towards a bit of code that could shed some light on the matter...

Just a quick feedback on my new music production build.
Although this is an expensive build it handles audio like no other.
Acustica aqua plug ins are notorious for eating up cpus and this thing just keeps asking for more. Even at full load with all 16 cores running at 4.8ghz and 44x the pci audio never even glitched during my 30 minute crunch test. The temps stayed around 60 c. I work with Live 10 an Protools 2018 and both take full advantage of this cpu's power.

I never figured out the dsdt issue that prevents me from using 2 RME raydats and a UAD octo together. It seems impossible to find a PCI configuration that works. This was problematic also on the C612 chipset with the dual xeons but I was able to fix the dsdt there.
I was able to find a configuration where it booted and all 3 cards showed up in ioreg and the system profile but the system only saw one raydat and the apollo. I was able to find a configuration where both raydats were recognised but then it was impossible to find a slot for the UAD octo. So it's just 1 raydat and an UAD octo for now.
I'll keep hacking at it but I am stumped for the moment. Might be time to sell everything and get a thunderbolt madi configuration but it's expensive and I need to get some music done.

Thanks to KGP and all who made this dream machine possible. The PCI stuff still needs some fiddling but the rest is just perfect.

Sorry if I interrupted the thunderbolt discussion

(full ioreg path PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/RP03@1C,2/IOPP/SLT3@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@3/IOPP/ethernet@0)
Anyone know how I reference that device in my SSDT? Or can point me towards a bit of code that could shed some light on the matter...

Mind you, I am no ACPI expert and I'm only writing from the information I've managed to read around there.
something like this should do:

Code:
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "NICO", "X299", 0x00000000)
{
    External (_SB_.PCI0.RP03.SLT3, DeviceObj)    // (from opcode)

Scope (_SB.PCI0.RP03.SLT3)
    {
        Device (ETH0)
        {
            Name (_ADR, Zero)  // _ADR: Address
            If (LNot (Arg2))
            {
                Return (Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x03                                         
                })
            }

Return (Package (0x04)
            {
                "built-in",
                Buffer (One)
                {
                     0x00                                         
                },

"name",
                "pci-bridge"
            })
        }
    }
}

should do...

Edit: BTW, it serves no purpose whatsoever to match ETH0 and ETH1... it all works just the same

(about to pull the plug in the Taichi XE, I figured I don't need the 10gbit/s card and can always buy a PCIe card later)

I have a question, hopefully someone can give me some tips

I'm trying to change the device name of the 2nd ethernet port to 'ETH1'. The pathway is:

As a result I can't use a clover patch.

The ACPI patch "SLT3 -> ETH1 find: 534c5433 replace: 45544831" does not work?

Does anyone have a updated step by step simple guide to install High Sierra on i9 Skylake X 7960x with an Asus x299 Deluxe motherboard? Found this great guide (thanks KGP!) but a lot of the information is outdated and lengthy. Maybe a quick couple of paragraphs or video tutorial? Thanks so much!

Does anyone have a updated step by step simple guide to install High Sierra on i9 Skylake X 7960x with an Asus x299 Deluxe motherboard? Found this great guide (thanks KGP!) but a lot of the information is outdated and lengthy. Maybe a quick couple of paragraphs or video tutorial? Thanks so much!

My guide is up to date and in my personal opinion also step by step and simple. Good luck in finding a simpler way to follow.. ;)

I like the outdated and lengthy bit, that's a nice intro for a 600 page piece of work.

Actually you could just grab the efi folder and set a few bios settings if you have the time. Really?

I like the outdated and lengthy bit, that's a nice intro for a 600 page piece of work.

The thread might be lengthy and already have 600 pages. Most of the posts might be outdated or obsolete.

However my guide in the originating post of this thread is up to date and in my personal opinion also compact and comprehensive. The latter certainly is a matter of taste.

The thread might be lengthy and already have 600 pages. Most of the posts might be outdated or obsolete.

However my guide in the originating post of this thread is up to date and in my personal opinion also compact and comprehensive. The latter certainly is a matter of taste.

Sorry , I forgot to use the sarcasm font. Your guide is probably the most complete I have come across.

Just a quick feedback on my new music production build.
Although this is an expensive build it handles audio like no other.
Acustica aqua plug ins are notorious for eating up cpus and this thing just keeps asking for more. Even at full load with all 16 cores running at 4.8ghz and 44x the pci audio never even glitched during my 30 minute crunch test. The temps stayed around 60 c. I work with Live 10 an Protools 2018 and both take full advantage of this cpu's power.

I never figured out the dsdt issue that prevents me from using 2 RME raydats and a UAD octo together. It seems impossible to find a PCI configuration that works. This was problematic also on the C612 chipset with the dual xeons but I was able to fix the dsdt there.
I was able to find a configuration where it booted and all 3 cards showed up in ioreg and the system profile but the system only saw one raydat and the apollo. I was able to find a configuration where both raydats were recognised but then it was impossible to find a slot for the UAD octo. So it's just 1 raydat and an UAD octo for now.
I'll keep hacking at it but I am stumped for the moment. Might be time to sell everything and get a thunderbolt madi configuration but it's expensive and I need to get some music done.

Thanks to KGP and all who made this dream machine possible. The PCI stuff still needs some fiddling but the rest is just perfect.

Sorry if I interrupted the thunderbolt discussion
Off topic: why so much IO? Do you mix on a console? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back