Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright... but again you might just look at the features of the ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Gaming XE and forget about ensuring their OSX compatibility.. this just as a small reminder.. ;)
sure, but the feedback from one person using an ASRock board is very promising: hotplug working out of the box etc...

Yes, going back to the Asus Prime is very tempting, I could go and use all your great config and not having to think !
I'm sure the issue with the Designare will be resolved over time: after all it works great under windows...
I'll do one more attempt with your new SSDT.
I think it fails on the Designare due to the missing GPRW method (which you declared as external)

Looking at the DSDT.aml you kindly provided I see it's defined there as:
Code:
    Method (GPRW, 2, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (Arg0, Index (PRWP, 0x00))
        Store (ShiftLeft (SS1, 0x01), Local0)
        Or (Local0, ShiftLeft (SS2, 0x02), Local0)
        Or (Local0, ShiftLeft (SS3, 0x03), Local0)
        Or (Local0, ShiftLeft (SS4, 0x04), Local0)
        If (And (ShiftLeft (0x01, Arg1), Local0))
        {
            Store (Arg1, Index (PRWP, 0x01))
        }
        Else
        {
            ShiftRight (Local0, 0x01, Local0)
            If (LOr (LEqual (OSFL (), 0x01), LEqual (OSFL (), 0x02)))
            {
                FindSetLeftBit (Local0, Index (PRWP, 0x01))
            }
            Else
            {
                FindSetRightBit (Local0, Index (PRWP, 0x01))
            }
        }

Return (PRWP)
    }

ah never mind... it's on the GB DSDT too... so that wasn't the reason it didnt boot.

Edit: in this screen capture it shows that something always worked for you:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/pci-device-implementation-png.311676/

pci1b21,612 is connected to the Thunderbolt port.... I've never had that...

Which ASRock motherboard do you have?
Does Sleep/Resume work for you?
If there's support for dual TB3 for that card, and sleep/resume work, I may use the board instead. I'm still within my return period ...
And I've had enough messing with my board when everything appears to work out of the box for everyone else..

Im using the ASRock X299 Taichi XE.

Sleep/Resume does appear to work, I had a problem with waking but some bios tweaks fixed that. I haven't tested this extensively, I've only let the computer sleep for about half an hour but yeah it appears to work.

Im using the ASRock X299 Taichi XE.

Sleep/Resume does appear to work, I had a problem with waking but some bios tweaks fixed that. I haven't tested this extensively, I've only let the computer sleep for about half an hour but yeah it appears to work.
what bios setting corrected the problem for you?

Maybe there's an identical GB setting... Not giving up yet on that board :)

@kgp your new ssdt makes use of OSDW() method for device UPS0.
That OSDW method is only present on Apple HW... it can't work on a hackintosh...

Was this just a copy of the mac's DSDT code?

what bios setting corrected the problem for you?

Maybe there's an identical GB setting... Not giving up yet on that board :)

On my board, iirc, it was enabling these 3 settings.
  • PCIE ASPM Support
  • PCH PCIE ASPM Support
  • PCH DMI ASPM Support

I already had what i believe are the correct cpu-related c states set:
  • CPU C States Support - Enabled
  • Enhanced Halt State (C1E) - Enabled
  • CPU C6 State Support - Enabled
  • Package C State Support - Enabled
  • CFG Lock - disabled

@kgp your new ssdt makes use of OSDW() method for device UPS0.
That OSDW method is only present on Apple HW... it can't work on a hackintosh...

Was this just a copy of the mac's DSDT code?

No, that part (DSB1) was directly taken from the SSDT of Mork vom Ork for the Alpine Ridge..

Curious if anyone has more than 2 NVME ssd's working in a Asus Hyper M.2 X16 card in 10.13.3? I have two 500gb 960 evo nvme ssd's installed in a Hyper X16 card. macOS can only see one of the drives. In windows, I can see both drives that are installed in the Hyper X16.

I've tried re-arranging all the PCI cards around, but didn't help.

This is on a asus X299 Prime deluxe mobo

I'm wondering if it's an EFI issue since I have 5 pci cards installed, including the two onboard SSD NVME's. But removing my tb3, areca raid card, and wifi card, didn't seem to help.

After re-arranging the cards, I noticed my tb3 card stopped mounting my caldigit thunderbolt 2 drive. It only detects it as JBOD. But I'll work on that after I fix the Hyper X16 card issue.

Thanks!

Curious if anyone has more than 2 NVME ssd's working in a Asus Hyper M.2 X16 card in 10.13.3? I have two 500gb 960 evo nvme ssd's installed in a Hyper X16 card. macOS can only see one of the drives. In windows, I can see both drives that are installed in the Hyper X16.

Just a few post earlier, a user posted his incredible setup, using this controller card with two 960 Pro set in RAID0 (boot disk) and achieving 4000MB/s writes.
So yet, it can be done.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...d-extended-guide.229353/page-595#post-1707016

Why the Alpine Ridge should not work with the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe? You even have an Alpine Ridge BIOS option in the Asus Prime X299 Deluxe BIOS.

With the Alpine Ridge you should also be able to also directly apply the TB-SSDT of Mork vom Ork.

Although, in fact.. you promised an adaptation of my SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for the Designare EX.. Isn't it? ;)

What about this.
You get the ASRock TB cards, and if it works with your MB, I get it :)

The ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Professional Gaming i9 XE appears to be identical to the Taichi XE, with the addition for the 10Gbit/s lan.
No mac drivers available for that network controller however, only linux and windows.

I'm going to have another go with the Designare. I have updated to 10.13.4 beta 5, it did disable my HP 5K screen just like beta 2 did. Luckily my VegaGraphicsFixup.kext made it work again... so that was a relief. The Vega fan is no longer audible which is great compare to 10.13.3

Going to re-adapt the SSDT to use exactly the same settings as you, that is using the SL0x devices rather than removing it... That way I'll see if sleeping works. If not I'll get the ASRock. That motherboard has a CLR cmos button on the outside, awesome.. Why has no-one do that before... Just again I had to open the PC, fetch a screw driver just to reset the cmos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back