Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just need to use Clover bootloader to install an EFI on the 960 (any settings), mount the EFI on your 64gb SSD with this, copy that EFI folder to your desktop.
Then unmount the 64gb SSD EFI and mount the Evo 960 EFI that you just created (using the Clover Configurator you downloaded before), delete the EFI in it and copy the EFI from your desktop into it.
You should empty the recycle bin before you copy the EFI into the EVO to clear up the space in that partition.

I'll try that later today, too. I really need the motherboard to recognize the UA Arrow. Right now even with the drivers installed, OSX completely freezes as soon as I plug in the Thunderbolt 3 device.

Yes, the test is done from the Raid with the operating system installed on it, if you look at the first photo, the capture of "Disk Utility", is selectedp the volume "RAID", if you check the icon above, you will see that has the "Apple" logo on the hard drive, that means that the boot is made on that hard drive. Sorry for my English and thank you very much for your guide, greetings.

So can you please briefly summarise each step how you setup the NVMe raid and made it bootable?

I would implement that part in my guide. I really find awesome what you did.

Bravo :thumbup:

What process did you use to delid?
Did you re-apply the lid using liquid metal?
Did you drop the water block on the die itself?
I sent it away to a de-lid service for $40 ;) Was much cheaper and easier than sourcing all the materials and tools. He used a 3D-printed block, removed the silicon, applied Conductonaut to the die and liquid electrical tape to the remaining components on the die for safety, then resealed the heatsink. I don't have a cooler which could run directly on-die.

That sounds pretty high, 65C is what I get with a 7980 with all cores
running at 4GHz with a 115i pro watercooler.
I'm running an mATX system in a small case (Kimera Cerberus) and haven't yet ordered custom power cables to tidy up air-flow. Its a bit of a moot point as I'm VRM-limited currently.

I'll try that later today, too. I really need the motherboard to recognize the UA Arrow. Right now even with the drivers installed, OSX completely freezes as soon as I plug in the Thunderbolt 3 device.

Are you trying to hot plug the Apollo? Thunderbolt hot plug doesn't work yet you would have to turn on your system with the Apollo already plugged in for it to work.

Do you plug it in while system is runing or switched off?
Because Thunderbolt hot plug does not work on hackintoshes and pluging TB device in while system is running will cause KP or system freeze.
You should turn off your computer, plug your TB device in, then turn it on.

@kgp Any chance you could provide your unmodified DSDT.aml ? I'm trying to adapt all your guide for the Designare, but there are devices I can't find on this board (like OSI or EC0) and wanted to check where they were for ..

The IOJones file would greatly help too
thank you

I too had pretty high temps with the 150i pro, it got much better with the 115i and it's quieter (bigger fans)...

Did you mess up with the thermal paste by any chance?
that's idle in windows
room temp is 22C
View attachment 318139

running cinebench 3 times in a row in windows, the max temp was 71C on one core, all other cores were at 65C
How is that possible? 150 is a bigger radiator with 3 fans. I applied good thermal paste, will check it today.

@kgp Any chance you could provide your unmodified DSDT.aml ? I'm trying to adapt all your guide for the Designare, but there are devices I can't find on this board (like OSI or EC0) and wanted to check where they were for ..

The IOJones file would greatly help too
thank you

attached below

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    28.2 KB · Views: 82
  • iMac Pro.iojones.zip
    683.6 KB · Views: 76
Are you trying to hot plug the Apollo? Thunderbolt hot plug doesn't work yet you would have to turn on your system with the Apollo already plugged in for it to work.
Hot Plug is already working with ssdt or patch in clover.
Code:
<key>Comment</key>
                <string>PCI THUNDERBOLT 1578 0</string>
                <key>CustomProperties</key>
                <array>
                    <dict>
                        <key>Disabled</key>
                        <false/>
                        <key>Key</key>
                        <string>PCI-Thunderbolt</string>
                        <key>Value</key>
                        <integer>1</integer>