Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm basically narrowing down the sleep problem.
I've removed SATA controllers and other things and it turns out the issue is the
ABWB 802,11 AC WI-FI + Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM94360CD Combo PCIe Adapter
if the adapter is connected to one of the external ports (USB2.0, USB3.1) then as soon as the PC sleeps it wakes up.
BUT
if the adapter is connected to another of the external ports (USB2.0) or the internal USB2.0 header then it sleeps fine
BUT it doesn't wake up through Bluetooth anymore. I need to plug in a mouse or press the power button to wake it from sleep (on my AMD I can wake it from a Bluetooth device too, but maybe it's normal to have to wake it from sleep using the power button).

Anyone one have issue with iMovie freezing ? I am using an RX560 at the moment (saving rx vega 64 for another machine) and I am having stabiltiy issue with the rx560. Computer completely freezes and console log doesn't show any kernel panic.

Is there a way to enable F1/F2 on real Mac keyboard and real Mac display for brightness control without running Native Display Brightness Control app? :)
When you find out, let me know.
I haven't been able to get that part going, a press of F1 just turn off the screen.
Auto brightness no longer work either...

kgp, how did you connect your nzxt internal USB hub power supply? It has Molex connection, but my power supply doesn't have Molex power supply. Should I use something like on the photo? But then I think it is always 12V, where USB hub needs 5V.

Attachments

• pcie6.jpg
    pcie6.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 74
Hi All,

Have just set up a system based on this guide, MSI X299M AC CARBON GAMING motherboard and i9-7900, so thought I'd point out a few things:
  • Needed [npci=0x2000] to boot as well as the other boot flags.
  • You can disable the MSR lock in the BIOS (In OC Settings under Advanced somewhere) but I still needed TSRAdjustReset.kext to run stably.
  • I initially used APFS but had some lag which improved after re-installing with an HFS+ system using this method. However lag only completely resolved after reverting to the 10.13.2 NVIDIA WebDrivers. I'm not sure if I could reconvert to APFS now but HFS+ has never let me down.
  • Graphics works well with full acceleration.
  • VoodooHDA worked well for sound, although I'm using a USB headphone amp. I couldn't get AppleALC,kext to work as Lilu.kext seemed to prevent boot.
  • Native HWP and Sleep/Wake are working 100%, although I have to use my power button to wake from sleep, the mouse and keyboard won't work to wake from sleep.
  • Native NVRAM is working as I don't need [NvidiaWeb=true] in config.plist to use the WebDrivers, I can just select them from the NVIDIA menubar app.
  • I delidded my 7900X and get 26℃ idle and 60-65℃ load with OCCT at stock with all-core turbo (4.0GHz x 10) and GeekBench single core of 5399 and multicore 38295, so pretty happy. VRM gets up to 90℃ish so would need a VRM block or at least a fan strapped to the heatsink for more (I'm running a Nepton 240M AIO on the CPU).
  • The SmallTree-Intel-211-AT-PCIe-GBE.kext worked well for the I211 secondary LAN adaptor, the primary I219 was recognised with IntelMausiEthernet.kext as standard.
  • Sensors kexts work well in conjunction with iStat Menus.
  • I can't get any of the PCI devices recognised in System Profiler despite a seemingly-accurate SSDT and the appropriate DSDT patches. I feel like these are cosmetic only so not too fussed.
Overall I'm very happy, this was by far the easiest Hackintosh I've ever built, the most stable/functional, and by far the fastest... Thanks @kgp and all others who've contributed!

Hi All,
I delidded my 7900X and get 26℃ idle and 60-65℃ load with OCCT at stock with all-core turbo (4.0GHz x 10) and GeekBench single core of 5399 and multicore 38295, so pretty happy. VRM gets up to 90℃ish so would need a VRM block or at least a fan strapped to the heatsink for more (I'm running a Nepton 240M AIO on the CPU).

That sounds pretty high, 65C is what I get with a 7980 with all cores running at 4GHz with a 115i pro watercooler.

How am I getting 100
That sounds pretty high, 65C is what I get with a 7980 with all cores running at 4GHz with a 115i pro watercooler.
Why am I getting 100C with Corsair 150i Pro on my i9-7960x? :banghead:

Hi All,
  • I delidded my 7900X and get 26℃ idle and 60-65℃ load with OCCT at stock with all-core turbo (4.0GHz x 10) and GeekBench single core of 5399 and multicore 38295, so pretty happy. VRM gets up to 90℃ish so would need a VRM block or at least a fan strapped to the heatsink for more (I'm running a Nepton 240M AIO on the CPU).
Hi tokyo!!
thanks for your report.
What process did you use to delid?
Did you re-apply the lid using liquid metal?
Did you drop the water block on the die itself?

Thanks for your help!

Luca

How am I getting 100

Why am I getting 100C with Corsair 150i Pro on my i9-7960x? :banghead:

I too had pretty high temps with the 150i pro, it got much better with the 115i and it's quieter (bigger fans)...

Did you mess up with the thermal paste by any chance?
that's idle in windows
room temp is 22C
Capture.PNG

running cinebench 3 times in a row in windows, the max temp was 71C on one core, all other cores were at 65C

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back