Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Designare EX BIOS settings are already part of my guide. See section B.3)! I asked for user feedback if any Designare EX BIOS setting is yet missing or needs to be modified. There was no further reply.

Cheers,

KGP

I've got about 3 weeks of personal stuff to deal with before I can order enough parts to put mine together. I will follow your guide and if something has to change, I will let you know. Thanks!

Could someone post their ACPI\original\ (dsdt.aml and ssdt*.aml) ?
I'm adapting the Dsdt patches made by @apfelnico for the GB Designare, and wanted to compare some stuff (in particular find equivalent not found as-is in the GB one)

thanks in advance

Hi.

Could you try with this kext (that replaces NvidiaGraphicsFixup, no need for both)

I'd be interested to see if that's working for you...
It's basically the NvidiaGraphicsFixup kext, with everything touching the nvidia drivers removed.
Cool, I left lilu in place and installed this and all three displays came up!

Great job!

Cool, I left lilu in place and installed this and all three displays came up!
Great job!

That is very weird, the kext does the exact same thing as the kext clover patch ... Are you sure you copied the stuff as is or had it marked as enabled?
(in the plist it should be this entry:
Code:
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy board-id -&gt; board-ix</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
               </data>
               <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaXg=
               </data>
           </dict>

I'll post the source code on my github later today...

The advantage over the original nvidia kext, is that it touches nothing else but board-id

But I can't think of a reason on why the kext would work where the clover patch doesn't

Last edited by a moderator:
That is very weird, the kext does the exact same thing as the kext clover patch ... Are you sure you copied the stuff as is or had it marked as enabled?
(in the plist it should be this entry:
Code:
           <dict>
               <key>Comment</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy board-id -&gt; board-ix</string>
               <key>Disabled</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Find</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaWQ=
               </data>
               <key>InfoPlistPatch</key>
               <false/>
               <key>Name</key>
               <string>AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy</string>
               <key>Replace</key>
               <data>
               Ym9hcmQtaXg=
               </data>
           </dict>

I'll post the source code on my github later today...
The advantage over the original nvidia kext, is that it touches nothing else but board-id

But I can't think of a reason on why the kext would work where the clover patch doesn't
I have no idea why the kext clover patch didn't work for me. Maybe I screwed something up when I implemented it. I'll give it another shot after I get some sleep.
Thanks again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Interestingly, these patches except one are all valid for my board, but I have a problem. My dsdt gives errors already before applying them and will not let me save.

How do I save it? Is it necessary to fix these errors?

Yes, absolutely.. one needs to fix any kind of introduced compilation errors to successfully save the edited file...

Last edited:
Oversaw the post... But I would not recommend anyone to set those Core Turbo Ratios settings.

1) not necessary for running MacOS at all

2) could cause boot errors, if one of the cores is not able to work with one of the Core Ratio Settings. (Not booting at all, freezing etc...)

Just my 2 cents...

I clearly expressed in post #5803 my doubts with respect to the currently implemented CPU Load Table provided by Rulebreaker01.

In fact I asked you at least already twice to confirm or comment on the newly included Designare EX BIOS settings: see e.g. post #5790 and #5794 ... ;) First user requests for your Designare EX BIOS settings even date back to beginning of 2018...

Your Designare EX BIOS profile in post #5973 unfortunately appears useless for me, as I do not own any Designare EX mainboard to restore the BIOS profile.

@DSM2, would you be so kind to revise/update/modify the Designare EX BIOS settings listing currently implemented in my guide in Section B.3) and provide a revised version of this listing within a subsequent post? I would immediately update my guide by following your recommendations, which we already miss for quite some time...

Your contribution and help shall be gratefully acknowledged in any case.

Many thanks in advance my friend,

KGP

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back