Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t ask me about the installer version number. I don’t remember and I am too lazy to check now.. What is your build number after installation?

I am trying to prepare an installation for my new machine with all hardware arriving tomorrow - at my birthday - so as kid I can't wait to try my new toy, so hench the preparation before hardware. (I practically paid for my own birthday gift).

"Verify your "Install High Sierra.app" for completeness. You should now have a complete macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D2047) Installer package in your /Applications Folder."

I would love to know how to verify the installation, besides it seemingly being complete.

I am trying to prepare an installation for my new machine with all hardware arriving tomorrow - at my birthday - so as kid I can't wait to try my new toy, so hench the preparation before hardware. (I practically paid for my own birthday gift).

"Verify your "Install High Sierra.app" for completeness. You should now have a complete macOS High Sierra 10.13.3 (17D2047) Installer package in your /Applications Folder."

I would love to know how to verify the installation, besides it seemingly being complete.

This means that you should verify that your installer is complete.

Happy birthday and all the best for tomorrow ;):thumbup:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 22.13.05.png

Last edited:
Reactions: kgp
Don't forget to include your Skylake-X/X299 system specs (mobo, CPU, GPU) in either your profile or signature ;)

Thanks in advance,

KGP

Yeeees! I don't know what hardware they will get me, but I told them x299 + 32GB ram / minimum 500GB M.2 drive and a new Vega 64. Gotta be patient.. only 1 more day left :crazy:

Did your ever read what I wrote to you and suggested in post #5848? :rolleyes:

I did… :)
I'll report back if disabling the xcpm patch fixes the issues (I have a feeling it will)… :)

FWIW, disabling that patch did indeed stop the kernel panics… :) Haven't had a single one since I disabled it… ;)

I'm still curious about the voltageshift result I'm getting (different from yours) and if my BIOS patch actually worked… :X

I did… :)

FWIW, disabling that patch did indeed stop the kernel panics… :) Haven't had a single one since I disabled it… ;)

I'm still curious about the voltageshift result I'm getting (different from yours) and if my BIOS patch actually worked… :X

o.k., thus even after removing the core scope patch, your voltageshift results are still different? And you also removed FakeCPUID and CPU Type? If so, you should also @interference for help.. ;)

o.k., thus even after removing the core scope patch, your voltageshift results are still different? And you also removed FakeCPUID and CPU Type? If so, you should also @interference for help.. ;)

Correct. voltageshift results are still the ones I posted, even after removing the core scope patch. CPU Type is set to the default (0x) and I'm even customizing how it displays on the "About" screen as per your instructions. FakeCPUID is also not set… :)

I'll let @interference… interfere! :p #dadjoke

I've attached my CLOVER.zip.
Make sure to update the TSCAdjustReset.kext for your processor (as it is it's configured for a i9-7980xe)

With this SSDT-VEGA.aml , the graphic card name is displayed as expected in About You Mac, however, like with the 10.13.4 beta, only the first DP port work on the card when this is active...
Thank you so much!
Unfortunately, I can not open the SSDT with MaciASL, could you please just copy and paste the code in the post?
Thank you so much!

Second Supplemental Update for 10.13.3 - new build 17D2104

10.13.3-17D2104.png

No Nvidia Web Driver released yet for 10.13.3 SA (17D2104). Please use patched Web Driver until official release.

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back