Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
BTW, re: BIOS patch, I've done it twice, the output of the patching utility is identical to the one you posted, but after updating the BIOS, I get this output:

It's similar but not identical (`F3012400` on mine vs `F3011A00` on yours). FWIW, I'm using a X299-A PRIME, not the DELUXE… I wonder if that could be causing issues. I'm not using any TSC kexts, the system does boot up fine and work moderately well, apart from the KP I posted about above!

What is the output of voltageshift?

What are your BIOS settings?

What is the output of voltageshift?

What are your BIOS settings?

$ ./voltageshift read 0xe2
RDMSR e2 returns value 0x402

BIOS settings are identical to the ones in the first post…

BIOS settings are identical to the ones in the first post…

The RDMSR is wrong.. Did you remove FakeCPUID, Cpu Type and the xcpm score scope kernel patch and uncheck KernelPM?

Concerning your KPs: Are you applying some OC? Do you use the recommended AVX offsets?

I did not ask if you use BIOS settings identical to my guide. I asked what are your BIOS settings. Please outline.

Do you know how many people tell me that they exactly followed and applied my guide but they didn't ..

In addition, please upload your EFI-Folder..

Try to learn how to provide a useful and detailed bug report...

Last edited:
The RDMSR is wrong.. Did you remove FakeCPUID, Cpu Type and the xcpm score scope kernel patch and uncheck KernelPM?

Concerning your KPs: Are you applying some OC? Do you use the recommended AVX offsets?

I did not ask if you use BIOS settings identical to my guide. I asked what are your BIOS settings. Please outline.

Do you know how many people tell me that they exactly followed and applied my guide but they didn't ..

In addition, please upload your EFI-Folder..

Try to learn how to provide a useful and detailed bug report...

I absolutely understand what your saying.
FWIW, I still had the xcpm score scope kernel patch active (completely missed this) and the KP only started after changing the SMBIOS from the "older" iMac17,1 to the iMacPro1,1 (and patching the BIOS and the updated changes in the guide)… All the other settings have been there from my original installation following the guide. I do have a mild OC (4.6GHz on a 7820X) but that had been 100% stable for months using the "original" guide… :)

I'll report back if disabling the xcpm patch fixes the issues (I have a feeling it will)… :)

I absolutely understand what your saying.
FWIW, I still had the xcpm score scope kernel patch active (completely missed this) and the KP only started after changing the SMBIOS from the "older" iMac17,1 to the iMacPro1,1 (and patching the BIOS and the updated changes in the guide)… All the other settings have been there from my original installation following the guide. I do have a mild OC (4.6GHz on a 7820X) but that had been 100% stable for months using the "original" guide… :)

I'll report back if disabling the xcpm patch fixes the issues (I have a feeling it will)… :)

Well I don’t think that this is the reason for your KP. But at least voltageshift should report the correct RDMSR value after patching the BIOS to unlock the MSR register.

Well I don’t think that this is the reason for your KP. But at least voltageshift should report the correct RDMSR value after patching the BIOS to unlock the MSR register.

So why isn't it? :(

So why isn't it? :(

Come on.. let's do it stepwise...

Does voltageshift report now the correct RDMSR value?

I still need your answers to ALL my previous questions...

Like this it does not work.. you are just spamming the thread with useless information, my friend...

Try to collaborate and provide what you are asked for ;)

Hello @kgp I finally found a work around to the NVDA problem. I found this script by Vulgo, (credits to him) that makes everything quite simple too.

I did install the XX.XX.106 driver on top of the .159 no probs.

Here is the link in case anyone finds in the same situation as I did: https://github.com/vulgo/webdriver.sh

Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back