Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
my bad.. done

Just a few posts before, @DSM2 was so kind to provide his EFI-Folder especially adopted for the DESIGNARE EX! I am sure this will also solve your issues..

Good luck,

KGP

Subsequently, one finds the all compiled binaries in ~/Desktop/HWSensors/Binaries/.
It's fine to add this generated FakeSMC to my /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/. ? It won't break my system by not having something you tweaked?

Hi,
I'm pretty new to this hackingtosh stuff.
only have had one hackingtosh build before a Asus P8H77-I Socket 1155 with an i5-3570k cpu and no gpu
and that hack was straigth forward. used unibeast to make the usb installer and just ran it and it worked..

But now i'm trying to get MacOS running on my daily user..
Have followed the instructions as in the first post,
i have configured the bios and done the patch (on the rampage u have to rename the patched bios file to R6E.CAP)
and the creation of the usb installer had no problems (at least i think)

Only when ran the installer i ran into some major problems..
2 min into the installation i get this screen
telling me
IMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver.XXX) <warning>: Service exited with abnormal code: 1
IMac.local com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.apple.windowserver) <notice>: service only ran for 0 seconds. pushing respawn out by 10 sec
and so it goes on and on with XXX just increasing the numbers

not sure if this is caused by that i have a Rampage vi Extreme card or the 2x 1080ti's or my 128gb ram

only hoping someone here can tell me whats going on..
cuz i'm like so close to spending like 12k on a Imac Pro now. and i dont want that :D hehe

Attachments

• IMG_2092.jpg
    IMG_2092.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 125
It's fine to add this generated FakeSMC to my /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/. ? It won't break my system by not having something you tweaked?
I'm a wimp. Totally worked.

Reactions: kgp
Hi,
I have an IOGear Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter (listed in the Accessories section of the Buyer's Guide here on Tonymacx86). It worked perfectly with my previous Yosemite/El-Captian/Sierra hackintoshes but is not working with 10.13.3. Is there a way to get it to work? Also I am a noob when it comes to SSDTs. Do we really need one? If so, how to create/extract it?

Last edited:
Yes.

I wouldn't have anything displayed otherwise.

I've swapped the Asus Prime for a Gigabyte X299 Designare. TB is working just fine on Windows. On the Asus I could only plug the TB connector to the Apple TB display after POST had completed, otherwise I would get an error about too much USB power draw.

The Designare works just fine which is a relief.
Very well build board. But now the hackintosh I had made with the Prime no longer boot :(

Some good news. I may be asking you questions when the parts for my build get in.

Hello,

This guide is quite extensive and detailed. We are considering mimicking this build for a Pro Tools HDX studio system. Have any of you had experience with X299 running PT?

Currently we are running a 3770K on Sierra and experience instability in Pro Tools 2018 while using many software instruments. The CPU does not seem to be taxed, however, so it appears to be a software bug.

I'll check in with a friend of mine who built an X299 rig for PT. FWIW I'm on a Z170X build that is running PTHD2018.1 flawlessly, and considering the care taken in KGPs build, it would be one of the best hackintosh builds possible.

Does anyone know if we follow the iMessage Idiot's Guide where it tells you to make sure the Clover generated serial number is valid from : http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/
would it know how to validate iMac pro serial number? I have tried several and kept on getting invalid.

Does anyone know if we follow the iMessage Idiot's Guide where it tells you to make sure the Clover generated serial number is valid from : http://www.everymac.com/ultimate-mac-lookup/
would it know how to validate iMac pro serial number? I have tried several and kept on getting invalid.

I confirm this behavior with SNs generated from Clover Configurator (4.60.2.0) Other versions possibly affected.

I don't think I am getting full video acceleration even with the nVidia's web drivers. The screen flickers when I drag a window across the desktop. When I open a graphics intensive website, any video running on VLC kinda hangs. It is just like having no drivers for graphics card. Can someone please help me with this? I am using a GTX 1080 Ti on High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back