Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You aleays want to use the EFI folder on your USB Drive to boot your 10.13 system disk?
No of course not, I just wonder why you recommend putting the EFI folder on the system disc before install and not after. I usually format my M.2 drive from the terminal when booting the installer off the USB, and copy the EFI folder after.

[EDIT] Actually it seems this post explains it. Hopefully my board arrives this week and I can put your guide to use. Thanks for all your effort, it looks like these will be the best Hackintoshes ever!

Last edited:
Well, I guess I am shopping again, this time for new MB :lol:

I'll stay with my mobo : they are some good news in bios patching anyway and I have time and time is money ...:beachball:;)

No of course not, I just wonder why you recommend putting the EFI folder on the system disc before install and not after. I usually format my M.2 drive from the terminal when booting the installer off the USB, and copy the EFI folder after.

Why not doing everything in one step? Note that earlier it was indeed necessary to have an EFI without EMUVariable on usb and an EFI with EMUvariable on system disk to prevent errors during the macOS installation. This approach is now obsolete and both EFI-Folders can be identical. Now the EFI-Folder on the system disk can be installed also subsequently indeed.

Why not doing everything in one step? Note that earlier it was indeed necessary to have an EFI without EMUVariable on usb and an EFI with EMUvariable on system disk to prevent errors during the macOS installation. This approach is now obsolete and both EFI-Folders can be identical. Now the EFI-Folder on the system disk can be installed also subsequently indeed.
Sorry I have just found that post I think. Long thread! Anyway there's no reason, just sometimes hard to have multiple systems to be able to preformat a drive before running the installer. I see both ways work fine now, great!

hey guys, with CSM disabled I'm only able to boot with one Display on (Displayport), otherwise (with 2) I get black screen, so I have to turn on the second screen after boot. With CSM enabled everything is fine though, any idea why?

hey guys, with CSM disabled I'm only able to boot with one Display on (Displayport), otherwise (with 2) I get black screen, so I have to turn on the second screen after boot. With CSM enabled everything is fine though, any idea why?

Your GPU seems to run a firmware not fully compatible with UEFI.. that’s why you are forced to enable CSM in the BIOS when running more than 1 monitor.

Cheers,

KGP

I'm starting to game plan a build. Safe bet I guess is the asus x299 prime (is this as compatible as deluxe version) but I really like asrock. I have a asrock x99e-itx that based on the previous guide works great. I would love to get the professional gaming board with a built in aquntia 10gbe nic. So..... anyone having success with asrock boards? I would love to hear some feedback or thoughts on it as a x299 option.

Your GPU seems to run a firmware not fully compatible with UEFI.. that’s why you are forced to enable CSM in the BIOS when running more than 1 monitor.

Cheers,

KGP
Weird, but the second monitor works when i turn it on after boot and clover also displays 4k res in the boot menu. Is there a way to tweak/patch bios?

Weird, but the second monitor works when i turn it on after boot and clover also displays 4k res in the boot menu. Is there a way to tweak/patch bios?

Maybe you can flash your GPU with new firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back