Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi KGP

Referring to the section "E.7.) SSD TRIM Support:" I have a question.
If I use an application (a * .APP) that makes the TRIM, then it would not be necessary to include anything in the Patch section. Is the same effect achieved with the APP without a patch? I understand that yes. Am I right?

Hey guys, there is a BIOS update since 2018/02/08 (Version 11.7.0.1057), is it safe to update?

Hi KGP

Referring to the section "E.7.) SSD TRIM Support:" I have a question.
If I use an application (a * .APP) that makes the TRIM, then it would not be necessary to include anything in the Patch section. Is the same effect achieved with the APP without a patch? I understand that yes. Am I right?

I do not understand the question.. What does NVMe and SSD TRIM support has to do with an applications? What you apply is a kext patch...

guys just a quick question, if I may:
So after patching BIOS, verifying that all runs correctly I should have those 3 .aml in my patched folder, right?
SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml (@kgp from E.9))
SSDT-XOSI.aml (@RehabMan from E.9.1) i.))
ssdt.aml (provided by @interferenc)

guys just a quick question, if I may:
So after patching BIOS, verifying that all runs correctly I should have those 3 .aml in my patched folder, right?
SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml (@kgp from E.9))
SSDT-XOSI.aml (@RehabMan from E.9.1) i.))
ssdt.aml (provided by @interferenc)

You have to adopt the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, before implementing it in your EFI-Folder...

Instead of implementing the ssdt.aml plugin-type injector you can also simply check "PluginType" in the "ACPI" section of Clover Configurator:

Screen Shot 2018-02-13 at 22.11.14.png

Hope that helps, @dk1306..

Good luck,

KGP

You have to adopt the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, before implementing it in your EFI-Folder...

Instead of implementing the ssdt.aml plugin-type injector you can also simply check "PluginType" in the "ACPI" section of Clover Configurator:

View attachment 313068

Hope that helps, @dk1306..

Good luck,

KGP
got it, sorry for my peanut-sized brain but why do we need the aml anyway? for me it seems to work properly without that

got it, sorry for my peanut-sized brain but why do we need the aml anyway? for me it seems to work properly without that

If you feel that you don't need the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, don't use it ;).. it just implements the respective PCI device drivers.. e.g., does HDAU work with your GTX 980 without the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, after removing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext from your EFI-Folder, which in fact is obsolete when using SMBIOS iMac Pro1,1? ;) Does your rig properly sleep and wake without the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml? Obviously you don't use a TBEX 3 with your Asus X299 TUF Mark 1, do you?

If you feel that you don't need the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, don't use it ;).. it just implements the respective PCI device drivers.. e.g., does HDAU work with your GTX 980 without the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, after removing NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext from your EFI-Folder, which in fact is obsolete when using SMBIOS iMac Pro1,1? ;) Does your rig properly sleep and wake without the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml? Obviously you don't use a TBEX 3 with your Asus X299 TUF Mark 1, do you?
thanks you, you're right don't have NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext anymore also don't use HDAU, have an Audio Interface. I have a very minimal setup with one NVME m2 as macos system drive, one graphics card, Revodrive 3 x2 :) with windows and another 2tb ssd for workparts(ausio data, footage). SO did I got it right, when I download X299-iMacPro.aml(untouched) it is adopted to your rig and if some PCI device isn't working properly on my end I have to adjust/adopt it, right?

Ok got a weird one, I have been playing around with the AML files a lot and I just noticed when I apply the SSDT-XOSI.aml to my patched directory, I get strange behaviors on some of my devices in windows 10.

For example in pic-slot 6 I have an Asus 10gb Nic installed, this works great under macOS and used to work in windows before I added the SSDT-XOSI.aml to my patched directory.

I researched the file and it looks like it doesn't account for the latest builds of windows 10, it cuts off at windows 2015, the latest build of windows 10 is window 2017 as documented by Microsoft here in their "How to Identify the Windows Version in ACPI by Using _OSI" document found here, http://download.microsoft.com/download/7/E/7/7E7662CF-CBEA-470B-A97E-CE7CE0D98DC2/WinACPI_OSI.docx.

I went ahead and added the latest builds to my SSDT-XOSI.aml but Windows 10 is still having issues recognizing all of my PCI devices. I am wondering if anyone else is having similar issues with their Windows 10 installs. I have a few programs I have to use in windows and I use my 10gb Nic to transfer 100's of gbs a day so I need to get it back up and going, just not sure where else to look. Here is a copy/paste of my current SSDT-XOSI.aml.
Code:
/*
 * Intel ACPI Component Architecture
 * AML/ASL+ Disassembler version 20160422-64(RM)
 * Copyright (c) 2000 - 2016 Intel Corporation
 * Disassembling to non-symbolic legacy ASL operators
 * Disassembly of iASLIX82MI.aml, Tue Feb 13 17:58:48 2018
 * Original Table Header:
 *     Signature        "SSDT"
 *     Length           0x000000CC (204)
 *     Revision         0x01
 *     Checksum         0xC5
 *     OEM ID           "mfc88"
 *     OEM Table ID     "XOSI"
 *     OEM Revision     0x00000000 (0)
 *     Compiler ID      "INTL"
 *     Compiler Version 0x20160422 (538313762)
 */
DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 1, "mfc88", "XOSI", 0x00000000)
{
    Method (XOSI, 1, NotSerialized)
    {
        Store (Package (0x10)
            {
                "Windows",
                "Windows 2001",
                "Windows 2001 SP2",
                "Windows 2006",
                "Windows 2006 SP1",
                "Windows 2009",
                "Windows 2012",
                "Windows 2015",
                "Windows 2016",
                "Windows 2017"
            }, Local0)
        Return (LNotEqual (Ones, Match (Local0, MEQ, Arg0, MTR, Zero, Zero)))
    }
}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back