Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
@kgp -

Quick question:

In the process of making my own AML files, is it safe to still boot the system without any of your 3 AML files?

Thanks! / gx

Yes.. But better verify once more with the "ls" terminal command that boot.efi is indeed in /.IABootFiles! If the latter is not the case, the USB Flash Drive installer partition will be invisible in the Clover Boot Menu!

And yes, you have to copy the EFI-Folder contained in "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" to the empty EFI-partitions on your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13 System Disk. Don't forget to add VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext to each /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory and don't forget to adopt VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext to the number of threads-1 of your CPU as detailed in Section C.7) of my guide!

Good luck,

KGP

I did run ls boot.efi and confirmed it is there.

I also changed the number of cores to 31 and added the kext to other folder.

Still no luck :(
I am attaching text file with all commands I executed and modified EFI folder that I placed in empty EFI folder of my USB.

Attachments

• Install steps.txt
    19.4 KB · Views: 359
  • EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218.zip
    19.7 MB · Views: 82
@kgp -

Quick question:

In the process of making my own AML files, is it safe to still boot the system without any of your 3 AML files?

Thanks! / gx

3 AML files?
  • The plugin-type injector ssdt.aml you need for the XCPM configuration.
  • The SSDT-XOSI.aml does not harm
  • The SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, you need to remove each time you want to implement or adapt a new PCI device implementation.. You need two know the IOREG PCI device details without using the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for the proper SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml device implementation/adaptation.
Cheers,

KGP

I did run ls boot.efi and confirmed it is there.

I also changed the number of cores to 31 and added the kext to other folder.

Still no luck :(
I am attaching text file with all commands I executed and modified EFI folder that I placed in empty EFI folder of my USB.

What means still no luck? What is the remaining issue? If you still don't see the USB Flash Drive macOS installer partition in the Clover boot menu, something still fails when applying section D.3.3)!

BTW... your EFI-Folder looks fine..

3 AML files?
  • The plugin-type injector ssdt.aml you need for the XCPM configuration.
  • The SSDT-XOSI.aml does not harm
  • The SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, you need to remove each time you want to implement or adapt a new PCI device implementation.. You need two know the IOREG PCI device details without using the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml for the proper SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml device implementation/adaptation.
Cheers,

KGP

@kgp - okay cool. I'll give it a shot thank you!

/ gx

It simply doesn't give me boot screen and comes back to bios config screen. I can see my USB partition in bios though.
You can check D.3.3 steps in the text file:

Rauan:Install MacOS High Sierra iMacRa1$ mkdir .IABootFiles
Rauan:Install MacOS High Sierra iMacRa1$ cd .IABootFiles
Rauan:.IABootFiles iMacRa1$ cp /Volumes/Install\ MacOS\ High\ Sierra/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi .
Rauan:.IABootFiles iMacRa1$ ls boot.efi
boot.efi

Can it be something else? I didn't find on my motherboard the option to choose XMP profile, it is not there.

3.) /M.I.T/Advanced Memory Settings/
a.) Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P): Profile1

pete1959 said:
Hi macs, this guide will be great to use, you just don't need the bios mod, use instead a TSC Sync kext appropriate for your CPU. Also, as kgp said, up there a bit, get rid of the SSDT in the ACPI folder.
That'll get you going well enough to tweak the other bits in time.

Thank you very much

Reactions: kgp
ImaPirate, my friend, nice to hear from you after long time!

My personal opinion to the topic addressed in the contribution you linked above is the following. As we passed already nearly a decade after introducing the first 64-bit systems, I think it is really time to start discarding 32-bit software for 64-bit systems. Apparently, 10.13.4 is just a first step towards this direction and still seems no to have any further major implications against running likely outdated 32-bit software on 64-bit systems, apart from a first simple warning that you are running 32-bit software instead of 64-bit software on a 64-bit system. I would rather interpret the latter in my opinion yet tiny novel implication as some clear signal of Apple towards all software developers. I just want to stress that all this is really my personal opinion and impression, which might be totally at odd with the opinion of other estimated users.

To your other question. After delidding my i9-7980XE and with my current water blocking system, I am successfully able to run the latter processor on my system @ 4.7GHz with "CPU Core Ratio" set to "Sync all Cores". All other related BIOS settings have been outlined just a few posts ago. However, I want to clearly advice against running the delidded i9-7980XE @ 4.8GHz, as occasionally intended during one of my benchmark runs. The latter might result in an exponential increase of the CPU Core Voltage and might result in a severe damage of either your CPU or mainboard. If at all, always increase the CPU Core Voltage stepwise and manually and take care that it never exceeds 1.25V by far. When running the CPU at @4.7GHz, a manual CPU Core Voltage of 1.22V seems sufficient. When applying OC, always carefully watch your CPU Temps! The CPU Temps might not only strongly depend on your water blocking implementation but also on the processor frequency and especially on the tightly related CPU Core Voltage implementation!

A good hacking and OC,

KGP

Well, thanks for the answers. I hope that all the apps that I'm using will only be improved when we move to 10.3.4 as Adobe apps have both 32 to 64 bit compatible. I'm going to stick with 10.3.2 for now until the official move to 10.3.4.

Now when it comes OC'ing the system, I'm excited that I held the record for all of 4 to 6 weeks (at 60,500) about 2 months ago. Now that you got over 65,000 you're the clear winner here and that's awesome! You got braggin' rights now! When it comes to stepping in my OC, I'm not going to even bother, as I don't understand that very well and I want my system to last for the next 5 years. I'm just glad that I have all three 28" inch 4K monitors working properly, as well as everything else. I look forward to seeing how the newer OS improvements will help our systems to work better.

I hope I have time later on to take some nicer pics of my custom built system here soon. For now all I have is this link:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-ultrabeast-hackintosh-build-geekbench-59-104.225068/

Also, you (by far) have the most pages and posts I've ever seen on TonyMac. You are very dedicated to everyone here and to me you are worthy of:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:HACKINTOSH OF THE YEAR AWARD !!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

pete1959 said:
Sorry if I offended you. I was specifically replying to macs because his motherboard is compatible with mine and he might have liked a simple answer to his question.
Hopefully now, by reading both my and your posts he will have a clear idea of where to go from here :)
All the best.

I see :thumbup:

Well, thanks for the answers. I hope that all the apps that I'm using will only be improved when we move to 10.3.4 as Adobe apps have both 32 to 64 bit compatible. I'm going to stick with 10.3.2 for now until the official move to 10.3.4.

Now when it comes OC'ing the system, I'm excited that I held the record for all of 4 to 6 weeks (at 60,500) about 2 months ago. Now that you got over 65,000 you're the clear winner here and that's awesome! You got braggin' rights now! When it comes to stepping in my OC, I'm not going to even bother, as I don't understand that very well and I want my system to last for the next 5 years. I'm just glad that I have all three 28" inch 4K monitors working properly, as well as everything else. I look forward to seeing how the newer OS improvements will help our systems to work better.

I hope I have time later on to take some nicer pics of my custom built system here soon. For now all I have is this link:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-ultrabeast-hackintosh-build-geekbench-59-104.225068/

Also, you (by far) have the most pages and posts I've ever seen on TonyMac. You are very dedicated to everyone here and to me you are worthy of:

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:HACKINTOSH OF THE YEAR AWARD !!!!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Thanks for all your kind flowers and for proposing the Hackintosh of the Year Award for me.. :)

You know such positive feedback is really rare and I indeed deeply appreciate this kind detail from your side!

By the way, a nice fancy, beautiful and powerful rig you are running at your site too :thumbup:

Hugs, man! Let's keep on rocking! :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back