Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help me? I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I created folder using the commands, then installer, then installed it to USB, made it bootable (followed instruction on how to properly use the name of the USB) pasted clover and boot in empty EFI, but my build still doesn't see it.
I have i9-7960x
x299 Gigabyte UD4
GeForce 1050i

pete1959 said:
Hi macs, this guide will be great to use, you just don't need the bios mod, use instead a TSC Sync kext appropriate for your CPU. Also, as kgp said, up there a bit, get rid of the SSDT in the ACPI folder.
That'll get you going well enough to tweak the other bits in time.

Nothing to get "rid off"!

The ACPI patches are disabled by default in my EFI-Folder distribution and "can" be stepwise enabled after proper adaptation/verification.

Also the /EFI/Cover/ACPI/patched/ folder is empty by default in the original EFI-Folder distribution and "can" be populated subsequently by following the respective guidelines.

The ASUS BIOS Firware patches of @interferenc perfectly work for the ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe and also make the VoodooTSCSync.kext totally obsolete. The BIOS firmware patches might be also valid for other ASUS mainboards.

Mainboards users of different brands cannot apply the respective ASUS BIOS firmware patches and are advised to use VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext in /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other/ to circumvent the Skylake-X/X299 TSC issue.

pete1959, it might indeed not be necessary to repeatedly come up with identical comments and suggestions. We all know already well your personal preferences, recommendations and implementations.

All the best,

KGP

KGP, may I ask you for help? I can provide you TM details.

I am also in Germany :)

KGP, may I ask you for help? I can provide you TM details.

I am also in Germany :)

Forum Rules:
  • Members may not solicit nor provide assistance via private communications. This forum was created to provide help by posting questions and getting answers. By not publicly discussing you are depriving others of solutions to problems they may encounter.

Can someone please help me? I am not sure what I am doing wrong. I created folder using the commands, then installer, then installed it to USB, made it bootable (followed instruction on how to properly use the name of the USB) pasted clover and boot in empty EFI, but my build still doesn't see it.
I have i9-7960x
x299 Gigabyte UD4
GeForce 1050i

Seems that you still fail in creating a bootable macOS Usb Flash Drive Installer.

1.) Take once more special note about all details described in D.3.3) If you do not properly follow all instructions, your USB Flash Drive macOS installer partition will be invisible in the Clover Boot Menu!

2.) The EFI partitions of your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13. System Disk must be populated with the EFI-Folder contained in my most recent EFI-Folder distribution, which you primarily need to complete following the respective guidelines (e.g. add VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext, as you use a Gigabyte mainboard). No need for an additional installation of the Clover Boot Loader. My EFI-Folder distribution already implements the most recent adequate Clover Boot Loader distribution.

Good luck,

KGP

I mean you can remove the SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml just to see if your USB2.0, USB3.0 and USB3.1 ports are fully functional without it. If so, you know that you still have to properly adopt your SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml. If not, you have to search for different sources for your USB issues.

In general, I advise against the blind usage of a SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml, which you did not primarily adopt to your system!

@kgp -

Thank you for that.
Would you mind helping me adapt SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml to my board? Would be most helpful.

Thanks!
/ gx

@kgp -

Thank you for that.
Would you mind helping me adapt SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml to my board? Would be most helpful.

Thanks!
/ gx

Please try to start with or study the detailed example of the OSXWIFI PCI implementation and apply the used and detailed methodology for the implementation/adaptation of other PCI devices. The script of @rudey might be of additional help in your endeavour: see post #5288 and https://github.com/alexisaperez/amlHelper !

I cannot generate for each user a system and build specific SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml. This exceeds by far my capacities and is therefore simply impossible. I really ask for your comprehension and understanding in this direction.

Many thanks in advance and good luck,

KGP

Seems that you still fail in creating a bootable macOS Usb Flash Drive Installer.

1.) Take once more special note about all details described in D.3.3) If you do not properly follow all instructions, your USB Flash Drive macOS installer partition will be invisible in the Clover Boot Menu!

2.) The EFI partitions of your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13. System Disk must be populated with the EFI-Folder contained in my most recent EFI-Folder distribution, which you primarily need to complete following the respective guidelines (e.g. add VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext, as you use a Gigabyte mainboard). No need for an additional installation of the Clover Boot Loader. My EFI-Folder distribution already implements the most recent adequate Clover Boot Loader distribution.

Good luck,

KGP

I agree, I think I am still failing in creating bootable media, but my problem is I can't find where. After I run the scripts to add boot.efi I have to mount the EFI to copy and paste the content of "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" folder, right?

my scripts are following (the name of my usb is Install macOS High Sierra):
cd /Volumes/install\ macos\ high\ sierra
mkdir .IABootFiles
cd .IABootFiles
cp /Volumes/install\ macos\ high\ sierra/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi .

I agree, I think I am still failing in creating bootable media, but my problem is I can't find where. After I run the scripts to add boot.efi I have to mount the EFI to copy and paste the content of "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" folder, right?

my scripts are following (the name of my usb is Install macOS High Sierra):
cd /Volumes/install\ macos\ high\ sierra
mkdir .IABootFiles
cd .IABootFiles
cp /Volumes/install\ macos\ high\ sierra/System/Library/CoreServices/boot.efi .

Yes.. But better verify once more with the "ls" terminal command that boot.efi is indeed in /.IABootFiles! If the latter is not the case, the USB Flash Drive installer partition will be invisible in the Clover Boot Menu!

And yes, you have to copy the EFI-Folder contained in "EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218" to the empty EFI-partitions on your macOS USB Flash Drive Installer and 10.13 System Disk. Don't forget to add VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext to each /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other directory and don't forget to adopt VoodooTSCSync.kext or TSCAdjustRest.kext to the number of threads-1 of your CPU as detailed in Section C.7) of my guide!

Good luck,

KGP

Please try to start with or study the detailed example of the OSXWIFI PCI implementation and apply the used and detailed methodology for the implementation/adaptation of other PCI devices. The script of @rudey might be of additional help in your endeavour: see post #5288 and https://github.com/alexisaperez/amlHelper !

I cannot generate for each user a system and build specific SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml. This exceeds by far my capacities and is therefore simply impossible. I really ask for your comprehension and understanding in this direction.

Many thanks in advance and good luck,

KGP

@kgp - Cheers. I will give it a shot and see what I can come up with. If it works, it'll be great and I can share it with those that might have the same board as me.

Thanks again!
/ gx

Reactions: kgp
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back