Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to various forum members not following this forum rule:
  • While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks, purposeless inflammatory posts or profanity (or attempts to bypass profanity filters).
A moderator applied a tag to this thread that he was unaware was a public tag. The administrators of the tonymacx86 community apologize for this behavior and have removed the tag.

This thread is temporarily locked to allow for everyone to cool off.

This thread is now unlocked, however:

People, remember this community is comprised of enthusiasts like yourselves. Your fellow community members are doing this for their love of macOS and want to share their knowledge and help others.

This is a global community so our members are from all over the world. As such, their native language and customs may not be the same as yours. So remember that when reading posts.

Going forward this thread will be closely monitored by the admins and moderators. Anyone who violates the forum rule that caused this thread to be temporarily closed will receive an initial suspension of 7 days. A second violation will result in a 30 day suspension and a third violation will result in a permanent ban.

We encourage our members to help us keep this a friendly and helpful site.

@kpg Thanks again for this wonderful build explanation, so sorry for all the drama. Never apologize for being passionate in helping others. I took the plunge and bought a 7980 / x299 Deluxe. It was fairly easy to get my x299 / 7980 up & running thanks to you but I have a question about the wifi / bluetooth.

1) In OSx for Bluetooth, how do you know it's using the PCI card and not the onboard ASUS bluetooth? When I disable the onboard bluetooth in BIOS, my bluetooth stops working in OSx.

2) Is there a driver to make this PCI wifi card workable on the PC side, or do I have to leave BIOS WiFi enabled for PC? The PCI wifi card gets recognized in PC device manager but no driver & none of the update driver options work. It seems I need a bootcamp driver but not sure how to download this, as bootcamp seems to be a part of apples update now.

3) Also I end up with two different SDST.ami files in the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/pathed folder and I just wanted to verify this was correct. One due to step E.1) HWP (Intel SpeedShift Technology) CPU Power Management Configuration and the other (SDST_OSX.ami) due to step E.9.1) ACPI DSDT Replacement Implementation
i.) XOSI functionality is required as explained by @RehabMan (just follow this LINK forfurther details).

Any help much appreciated.

Viva La Resistance!

X299 ASUS DELUXE / 7980XE
As per rules, please update your hardware profile to allow others to help you easier
https://www.tonymacx86.com/account/

Kgp thanks for the guide on producing custom AML’s!

I was struggling with gathering the correct info from ioreg so I wrote a small script to print out the relative info. It is very much a WIP but for the most part it should print out all PCI devices connected to your machine. It should help with figuring out what devices you need to patch in clover and the info you need to add to your custom AML.

Eventually I would like for the script to produce the AML for you and to support other devices besides just PCI.

Anyways let me know if this helps anyone and if it does I’ll continue to work on it.

https://github.com/alexisaperez/amlHelper

Airdrop problem:
I have the OSX WIFI in slot 3. My Airdrop can receive files from my macbook pro and iphone.

But it can not "find" the other devices (iphone /macbook pro) to send files back to them. The only time it can "find" the other the other devices is if I first airdrop to my hacintosh, the my X299 imacpro will temporarily "see" the iphone/macbook pro....

Anyone else have this problem?

@kpg
1) In OSx for Bluetooth, how do you know it's using the PCI card and not the onboard ASUS bluetooth? When I disable the onboard bluetooth in BIOS, my bluetooth stops working in OSx. Also do I need to connect the 2-pin header on the PCI card to my MOBO somewhere?

The 2-pin header, you should connect to the internal USB 2 connector on Asus MB, "USB78", page 1-21 on user manual

The 2-pin header, you should connect to the internal USB 2 connector on Asus MB, "USB78", page 1-21 on user manual

@dankium, please connect the USB cable with the 2-pin header of the OSXWIFI exactly as indicated. If this does not solve your OSXWIFI bluetooth issue, please try to reset your network settings..

Good luck,

KGP

@kpg Thanks again for this wonderful build explanation, so sorry for all the drama. Never apologize for being passionate in helping others. I took the plunge and bought a 7980 / x299 Deluxe. It was fairly easy to get my x299 / 7980 up & running thanks to you but I have a question about the wifi / bluetooth.

1) In OSx for Bluetooth, how do you know it's using the PCI card and not the onboard ASUS bluetooth? When I disable the onboard bluetooth in BIOS, my bluetooth stops working in OSx. Also do I need to connect the 2-pin header on the PCI card to my MOBO somewhere?

2) Is there a driver to make this PCI wifi card workable on the PC side, or do I have to leave BIOS WiFi enabled for PC? The PCI wifi card gets recognized in PC device manager but no driver & none of the update driver options work. It seems I need a bootcamp driver but not sure how to download this, as bootcamp seems to be a part of apples update now.

3) Also I end up with two different SDST.ami files in the /EFI/Clover/ACPI/pathed folder and I just wanted to verify this was correct. One due to step E.1) HWP (Intel SpeedShift Technology) CPU Power Management Configuration and the other (SDST_OSX.ami) due to step E.9.1) ACPI DSDT Replacement Implementation
i.) XOSI functionality is required as explained by @RehabMan (just follow this LINK forfurther details).

Any help much appreciated.

Viva La Resistance!

X299 ASUS DELUXE / 7980XE

@kgp shuould we disable the on-board bluetooth in the BIOS settings for ASUS x299 deluxe? I have the OSX WIFI

Kgp thanks for the guide on producing custom AML’s!

I was struggling with gathering the correct info from ioreg so I wrote a small script to print out the relative info. It is very much a WIP but for the most part it should print out all PCI devices connected to your machine. It should help with figuring out what devices you need to patch in clover and the info you need to add to your custom AML.

Eventually I would like for the script to produce the AML for you and to support other devices besides just PCI.

Anyways let me know if this helps anyone and if it does I’ll continue to work on it.

https://github.com/alexisaperez/amlHelper

Thanks for this nice piece of work, @rudey :thumbup:.. It might indeed help people to shed some light into SSDT.aml darkness. ;)

The biggest problem I see for your envisaged automatisation of a SSTD.aml script generation is the fact, that the device implementations can be device and hardware specific. Just compare the implemented details and differences between e.g. the HDEF, GPU, HDAU or OSXWIFI implementations. You know what I mean?

In any case, I believe that your script already now simplifies many things and additionally helps people in understanding and identifying the necessary requisites and ingredients for a successful SSDT.aml implementation.

I hope the user response on your script will be largely positive and manifold!

We can also think about some future guide implementation..

Once more many thanks for your appreciated efforts and all the best,

KGP

Last edited:
@kgp shuould we disable the on-board bluetooth in the BIOS settings for ASUS x299 deluxe? I have the OSX WIFI

Yes, I completely disabled the on-board bluetooth of the ASUS X299 Deluxe in the BIOS. Not required in addition, when using the OSXWIFI or any comparable solution..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back