Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I know I've suggested in the past @ccozmo the same thing. At first I was thinking manufacture specific / model type board specific sub-threads but that can really only take flight if dedicated users like @kgp are willing to co-sponsor the so to speak sub-threads. If not then then I feel at least 1 additional sub-thread to be open so that it works in conjunction with the main thread.

Could be split in 2 threads like Standard and Advanced type of deal.

1st could be focused on just getting all iX299 PROs running with un-flashed bios, basic efi, voodootsc, etc... .

2nd / (or Main thread) could be called Fine-tune like this thread we're in now where @kgp and other advanced users are doing their thing :headbang: (mainly for the X299 Prime-Deluxe which may not work well with other boards fine tune-wise *I personally get random panics now more than ever after flashing with new bios patches but I have and Rampage VI Extreme but I will not come here to complain about it as I don't have PRIME-Deluxe). But nonetheless Gratitude all contributors for this awesome resource to X299 Hackintoshing.

Though I would still aim for board specific but to begin with a starter and advanced thread I believe would suffice and help filter out a lot of what we see. Just my opinion and suggestion.

Peace

There are people like @Ramalama along this thread, apparently able to run the Rampage VI without any issues by following my guide... Moreover, he even actively participates to the thread with own significant and relevant contributions and developments...

There are other people with different mainboards, CPUs, GPUs etc. along this thread without having any issues with my guide. @DSM2 with his Designare EX and his Vega 64 are just one further example.

I want to stress once more that this guide and thread is open for anybody with any kind of mainboard, processor, GPU or system and hardware configuration.

Problematic are just people opting for boards with in their opinion handsome, fancy and nice features, although they are apparently not able to control or manage such hardware/system configuration by their own due to an apparent lack of technical knowledge and technical background.

I do not see even one reason for splitting this thread because of such kind of people and I rather encourage the latter to keep their mouth and activities as shut as possible. I further encourage all people lacking the necessary background and base to buy hardware that does not significantly deviates form the hardware already controlled within this thread!

In contrary, some experimenting with new hardware by experts is highly welcome and will be finally also to the benefit of the crowd.. Such people do not need to write 100 posts to successfully run their hardware. They are silently able to set things as things need to be set.

I totally disagree with your ideas about further dismantling this thread into sub-threads, fully populated and crowded with pseudo-experts and wannabes.

Anyway you are free to do and implement what ever you want within this forum.

All the best and a pleasant evening,

KGP

P.S.: I don't mind about people who clearly confess of not having the necessary technical background to actively contribute to this thread. However, what I indeed dislike are braggarts, posers or bogans who definitely overestimate their personal skills and repeatedly collapsed this thread by totally decontrolling their anyway overestimated EGOs...

Last edited:
There are people like @Ramalama along this thread, apparently able to run the Rampage VI without any issues by following my guide... Moreover, he even actively participates to the thread with own significant and relevant contributions and developments...

There are other people with different mainboards, CPUs, GPUs etc. along this thread without having any issues with my guide. @DSM2 with his Designare EX and his Vega 64 are just one further example.

I want to stress once more that this guide and thread is open for anybody with any kind of mainboard, processor, GPU or system and hardware configuration.

Problematic are just people opting for boards with in their opinion handsome, fancy and nice features, although they are apparently not able to control or manage such hardware/system configuration by their own due to an apparent lack of technical knowledge and technical background.

I do not see even one reason for splitting this thread because of such kind of people and I rather encourage the latter to keep their mouth and activities as shut as possible. I further encourage all people lacking the necessary background and base to buy hardware that does not significantly deviates form the hardware already controlled within this thread!

In contrary, some experimenting with new hardware by experts is highly welcome and will be finally also to the benefit of the crowd.. Such people do not need to write 100 posts to successfully run their hardware. They are silently able to set things as things need to be set.

I totally disagree with your ideas about further dismantling this thread into sub-threads, fully populated and crowded with pseudo-experts and wannabes.

Anyway you are free to do and implement what ever you want within this forum.

All the best and a pleasant evening,

KGP

It seems you have said exactly what I said in just your way. lol. My friend I'm only to suggest things that will help but again my friend being so egotistical and saying such things like mouths being shut and wannabes is exactly what I mean about your attitude. It's just not good lol. I'm sorry man. You don't have to sub thread neither. This is your work but since some are not just pseudo-experts and some wannabes (perhaps influenced and inspired but seems you shun upon those) may want to at least just get something going without all the distraction then I thought it would help. You do what you want but your attitude smells bad dude. You unnecessarily attack with words and you always claim the victim.

Nice guide btw :headbang:

It seems you have said exactly what I said in just your way. lol. My friend I'm only to suggest things that will help but again my friend being so egotistical and saying such things like mouths being shut and wannabes is exactly what I mean about your attitude. It's just not good lol. I'm sorry man. You don't have to sub thread neither. This is your work but since some are not just pseudo-experts and some wannabes (perhaps influenced and inspired but seems you shun upon those) may want to at least just get something going without all the distraction then I thought it would help. You do what you want but your attitude smells bad dude. You unnecessarily attack with words and you always claim the victim.

Nice guide btw :headbang:

I am sure that all skilled and active people do not feel offended, attacked or addressed by my straight words above.. ;)

All people just taking profit of this guide and thread won't do that neither.. ;)

All others who feel addressed or attacked by my latter comments might know themselves best why they do so..

A pleasant evening and night to all of you!

Have a sound sleep,

KGP

View attachment 311855
everything is done~~~~~~!!!thank you mgregrsand kgp. thank both of you~~!! thank you so so so so so much~~!!!
I forgot to mention, but you saw editing of .. last .aml file (maybe you will remember for the future what we have to edit :p),
so now I happy to see that result :D Cool :)
This is what we wanted :headbang:

I forgot to mention, but you saw editing of .. last .aml file (maybe you will remember for the future what we have to edit :p),

Thanks @mgregrs for your tremendous help and effort! :thumbup:

Appreciated! :thumbup:

KGP

I am sure that all skilled and active people do not feel offended, attacked or addressed by my straight words above.. ;)

All people just taking profit of this guide and thread won't do that neither.. ;)

All others who feel addressed or attacked by my latter comments might know themselves best why they do so..

A pleasant evening and night to all of you!

Have a sound sleep,

KGP

Sounds like some false Socrates garble but yea I hear ya lol. Again negativity doesn’t spew from my mouth and only yours. How can a nice handful of users be wrong about your personality? Funny I stood up for your initially lfmaoooooo.

Keep up the good work man. Some of your “friends” should have a word with you perhaps in private to make yourself aware of people like Myself who genuinely is tryin to help if anything to alleviate some user requests asked of you so that you could get some good rest.

And good morning to you tOo

yes,I finally learned~~~~that is a very very great job~!
we did it ~!
that is so Cool~~!!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Thanks again for this amazing and updated guide @kgp.

I have a working x299 for the last few months but decided to unlock the bios and update to iMacPro1,1. I compiled the patched BIOS but wasn't able to get the Flashback/USB update to work. I also couldn't get Flashback to work with the original BIOS .CAP file either. I had double checked my USB stick was FAT32 and also tried a different stick.

A bit of searching and trial and error and figured out that the USB can not have an EFI partition on it (GUID) It needs to be formatted with an MBR and only one single FAT32 partition. I booted into Windows and used Diskpart to fully format the USB stick but I'm sure there's a way in Terminal. It worked after that. Just in case it's helpful to anyone.

Yes, If you click on the top of the hierarchy disk, then you can format the Fat32 as MasterBoot Record, in disk utility on the mac, no need for windows to format fat32

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 4.01.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-08 at 4.01.55 PM.png
    96.2 KB · Views: 177
@interferenc ,

seems that there is no further need for the "plugin-type" injector ssdt.aml..

The "plugin-type" injection apparently can be directly enabled within the config.plist by checking "PluginType" under "Generate Options" in Section "Acpi" of Clover Configurator.

plugin-type.png

You agree? Just checked on that and it seems to work well and as expected.

Cheers,

KGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back