Contribute
Register

How to build your own iMac Pro [Successful Build/Extended Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please carefully read section B.1)! You need to have BREW and QT5 installed!
yes i did installed them before..
eror2.jpg

no you did not, otherwise you would not get the SDK resolution problem..
Yes I did sir...,please check my screenshot,I'll attached some more,what did I missed..?

Homebrew & Qt5 are installed before executing qmake uefipatch.pro :
homebrew&qt5 installed.jpg

Error after executing qmake uefipatch.pro :
qmake.jpg

Last edited:
Yes I did sir.
I just did this again, and it works for me. I suspect something is not quite right in your installation.

Do you have xcode installed?

Did you install the command line tools?

Please do a
brew info qt5
and see where it is installed. I got:
Code:
Paulos-MBP:UEFIPatch pabreu$ brew info qt5
qt: stable 5.10.0 (bottled), HEAD [keg-only]
Cross-platform application and UI framework
https://www.qt.io/
/usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.9.1 (9,019 files, 278.3MB)
Poured from bottle on 2017-09-23 at 07:57:05
So now I can use qmake directly like this:
Code:
Paulos-MBP:UEFIPatch pabreu$ /usr/local/Cellar/qt/5.9.1/bin/qmake uefipatch.pro 
Info: creating stash file /Users/pabreu/Downloads/X299/UEFITool/UEFIPatch/.qmake.stash

Major Guide Update completed - 02.02.2018

New EFI-Folder implemented in and attached to the originating post of this thread (guide)

EFI-Folder related modifications:

• Implementation of Clover Boot Loader Clover_v2.4k_r4397
  • Implementation of a new minimalist config.plist, also including a new ACPI replacement SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR
Guide related modifications:
  • Implementation of TSCAdjustRest.kext, a modified version of VoodooTSCSync.kext provided by @interferenc. For further details, see Error Prevention C.7)!
  • Revision of Section E.1) - CPU Power Management. Implementation of a CPU "plugin-type" injector SSDT, namely ssdt.aml provided by @interferenc. Honestly, I still believe that HWP can pretty will live without the ssdt.aml plugin-type injector and does not require a fully implemented XCPM configuration. However, just in case, Section E.1) now also provides the possibility for fully implementing again a parallel XCPM configuration.
  • Major Revision of Section E.9.1) - ACPI Replacements: Implementing a description for the new ACPI replacement SMBS._ADR -> XSBU.XADR
  • Major Revision of Section E.9.2) and SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml: Elimination of the SBUS and LPCB PCI Device Implementation; Adding an USBX PCI Device implementation for USB Power allocation errors during system boot; Revision of the IMEI and PMCR PCI Device Implementation. A new SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml distribution has been implemented and added to the originating post of this thread (guide)
  • Revision of Abstract and Introduction, emphasising the achievement of fully native forced and automated Sleep/Wake implementation
  • Revision of Table of Contents
Note that the new EFI-Folder distribution, the new ssdt.aml plugin-type injector and the modified SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml are also attached below.

Enjoy and have fun :thumbup:

kgp.png

Attachments

• EFI-X299-10.13.3-Release-iMacPro1,1-020218.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 78
  • ssdt.aml.zip
    828 bytes · Views: 72
  • SSDT-X299-iMacPro.aml.zip
    2.6 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Good question. I wonder if it would be easier to build a iMac Pro hack on that platform. I know you can’t overclock and the Xeon W are more expensive, but I would gladly pay for ease and peace of mind, to be honest.

No I guess it won't be better.. we have one friend along this thread using c422 and Xeon W. He reported that my guide is fully compatible with c422 and Xeon W (see post #2281) and that he faces identical issues to our Skylake-X/X299 systems... @rolandino, can you comment on the TSC issue and report back if you face similar issues on your c422 and Xeon W system?

Last edited:
No I guess it won't be better.. we have one friend along this thread using c422 and Xeon W. He reported that my guide is fully compatible with c422 and Xeon W (see post #2281) and that he faces identical issues to our Skylake-X/X299 systems...

Thanks for clearing that up. Saves money then. :thumbup:

Reactions: kgp
@kpg
Hi! What a wonderful mac!
Could you tell us how much it was?
Where did you buy the different parts?

Thanks in advance

iMacPro Hackintosh vs. iMacPro - System Overview and Cost Estimate

Tower-small.png

build.png

Screen.jpg

waterblocking.png

Mainboard: Asus Prime X299 Deluxe [380€]
CPU: i9-7980XE (18 core, 4.4Ghz) [1.900€]
RAM Memory: Tridentz DDR-4 3200 Mhz 128GB (8x16GB) Kit (F4-3200C14Q2-128GTZSW) [1.400€]
GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080 Ti Waterforce WB Extreme Edition 11GB [900€]
System Disks: EVO 960 NVMe M.2 1TB (system disk macOS High Sierra 10.13.3) [450€]; EVO 960 NVMe M.2 1TB (system disk macOS Sierra 10.12.6 Sierra) [450€]
Power Supply: Corsair AX1500i [450€]
Monitor: LG 38UC99-W 38" curved 21:9 Ultra Wide QHD+ IPS Display (3840 pix x 1600 pix) [1.350€]
WebCam: Logitech C930e [80€]
Mouse: Apple Magic Mouse 2 [75€]
Keyboard: Apple Magic Keyboard Wireless [99€]
Bluetooth + Wifi: PC/HACKINTOSH - APPLE BROADCOM BCM94360CD - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + BLUETOOTH 4.0 [129€]
Internal USB2.0 HUB: NZXT AC-IUSBH-M1T [20€]
Case: Thermaltake Core X71 Tempered Glass Edition Full Tower Chassis [140€]
CPU/GPU Cooling: Water Cooling main components:
- 1x EK-FB ASUS Prime X299 RGB Monoblock - Nickel [117€]
- 1x EK-CoolStream PE 360 (Triple, 39 mm, Roof) [80€]
- 1x EK-CoolStream Ce 280 (Dual, 45mm, Front) [90€]
- 2x EK-CoolStream XE 360 (Triple, 60 mm, Cellar) [220€]
- 1x XSPC Twin D5 Dual Bay Reservoir/Pump Combo [209€]
- 15x Thermaltake Riing 12 High Static Pressure LED Radiator Fan (120mm) [210€]
- 5x Thermaltake Riing 14 High Static Pressure LED Radiator Fan (140mm) [100€]
- 3x Phantek PMW Fan Hub (up to 12 fans or 30W power consumption) [17€]
- 1x Alphacool Eisflügel Flow Indicator Black G1/4 IG [16€]
- 1x Phobya Temperatur Sensor G1/4 + C/F Display [22€]

-----------
Total: 8904€
-----------

Most of the components purchased at Amazon.de, Caseking.de, Mindfactory.de, Alernate.de

Outstanding historical Benchmark Scores finally also depict the excellent overall build and and system performance:

Geekbench i9-7980XE (4.8GHz) CPU Benchmark:
  • Multi-Core Sore: 65.348
  • Single-Core Sore: 5.910
Cinebench i9-7980XE (4.8GHz) CPU Benchmark:
  • 4.618 CB
Geekbench Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti WaterForce WB 11GB Xtreme Edition OpenGL and Metal2 Benchmark:
  • OpenGL Sore: 229.965
  • Metal 2 Sore : 242.393

Compared with:

iMacPro.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back